Author Topic: NAACP, unions plan nationwide protests on voter ID laws  (Read 948 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
NAACP, unions plan nationwide protests on voter ID laws
« on: November 09, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
By Samantha Gross November 9, 2011 6:42 am

"NEW YORK (AP) - The NAACP is joining with minority and labor groups for a series of protests around the country meant to move discussion of voter-identification laws out of policy circles and onto street corners, the organization's president said Tuesday.

Benjamin Todd Jealous appeared on the steps of New York City Hall with the Rev. Al Sharpton, U.S. Rep. Charles Rangel and community and labor leaders to announce plans for nationwide protests on Dec. 10 and across the South in the following weeks, decrying what they described as a nationwide voter-suppression effort.

The rallies are "intended to get this conversation out of the thought-leader class and down to the street corners, so folks understand that their rights are being attacked," Jealous said, adding that the NAACP had already raised millions of dollars to support its campaign. He said his group has been urging the Department of Justice, which is considering the legality of proposed policies in Texas and South Carolina, to block the laws.

"This is the greatest assault on voting rights, happening right now, that we have seen since the dawn of Jim Crow," he said."

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2011/11/09/naacp-unions-plan-nationwide-protests-on-voter-id-laws/?subscriber=1

The unions smell blood in the water, and the likes of Al Sharpton and others will be out in force for the next year. If any group like the Tea Party or another Grass Roots Conservative Group should venture out to Protest, they will likely be beat to a bloody pulp!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:14:23 AM by jpatrickham »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: NAACP, unions plan nationwide protests on voter ID laws
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 11:35:40 AM »
Heh, those pussies can try to beat someone to a pulp, in the name of self defense many a dumbass could be hauled to the ER or morgue!

Jus' saying'!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 11:41:25 AM »
So now union people are as stupid as black people, when it comes to just getting a state ID?

OK.  I can believe that.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 11:49:11 AM »
Heh, those pussies can try to beat someone to a pulp, in the name of self defense many a dumbass could be hauled to the ER or morgue!

Just' saying'!

Yes, but Conservatives are muzzled, by the Media. If WE fought back, presto change-o, National Emergency!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 01:10:06 PM »

Just' saying'!

Yes, but Conservatives are muzzled, by the Media. If WE fought back, presto change-o, National Emergency!

If the timing is better for us now rather than later...well...any opinions on that?  More time to consolidate may be better for them...?

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 01:30:16 PM »
Quote from: Libertas link=topic=3806.msg42045#msg 42045 date=1320865806

Just' saying'!

If the timing is better for us now rather than later...well...any opinions on that?  More time to consolidate may be better for them...?

I know one thing, If I am attacked they had better be able to dodge bullets! Just went to Walmart, they have 50 rounds for $17.98 for 380's.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 02:02:24 PM »
I love the Walmart!  And Fleet Farm, good prices there too for lead-based products!

::whoohoo::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 02:05:48 PM »
Raleigh, N.C. — A three-term Morrisville Town Council member running for re-election tried to vote Tuesday after already submitting an early absentee ballot, Wake County Board of Elections officials said.

Linda Lyons, who serves District 1, was already under investigation by the elections board in connection with the handling of at least five absentee ballots for voters in her district, board Director Cherie Poucher said Monday.

Five absentee ballots had to be thrown out after voters told elections officials that Lyons was the signed witness on their ballots and that she took possession of the ballots after voters filled them out, Poucher said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10352853/

Absentee ballots issued for any old reason need to be stopped.  Voter ID isn't going to help much with that.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 02:17:51 PM »
Yeah, they throw all the military ones out into the trash anyway, so getting rid of them all might equate to net a win for our side anyway!

::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »
Yeah, they throw all the military ones out into the trash anyway, so getting rid of them all might equate to net a win for our side anyway!

::gaah::

Nossir; absentee military ballots are one of the few exceptions I'd make.  If I were King Queen.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 03:02:20 PM »
I voted over a week a go. Wonder if it counted? Oh The Times, They Are a Changing! ::guitar:: 

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 03:12:50 PM »

Just' saying'!

I know one thing, If I am attacked they had better be able to dodge bullets! Just went to Walmart, they have 50 rounds for $17.98 for 380's.

I went to a gun show on Sunday and the reloads were more than new rounds from Walmart for .40.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 07:14:44 AM »

Just' saying'!

I went to a gun show on Sunday and the reloads were more than new rounds from Walmart for .40.

Plus, unless you know the reloader, how do you know they're decent rounds?!