Author Topic: How the DNC plans to circumvent North Carolina’s right-to-work status  (Read 851 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Led by Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx (“a Democrat with close ties to Obama,” The Daily Caller calls him), they would simultaneously feast on Charlotte’s nonexistent barbecue and roll in out-of-state union workers to replace local non-union workers. Ideally, they would do it undetected, so nobody in Charlotte would feel affronted and union bosses would be secretly pleased.

One problem: Republican mayoral challenger Scott Stone has been on to Foxx for some time now. At a recent press conference, Stone asked Foxx to pledge not to give convention jobs to out-of-state workers — but Foxx evaded.

Now, reports have surfaced that show Foxx and the other organizers of the Democratic National Convention have, in fact, discriminated against non-union shops in Charlotte.

The beauty of capitalism is such that the DNC can do what it wants. Nothing says convention organizers have to hire non-union workers. The typical advantage to non-union shops is that they keep labor costs low. If organizers want to pay more to retain the political support of major union bosses, that’s their prerogative. But one of the immutable laws of life is that decisions have consequences — and we can rarely have it “both ways.” In this case, Foxx risks upset constituents in Charlotte voting him out of office next Tuesday — and the president risks upsetting his host city and an important swing state.

Link

This received wider play thanks to a business' employee tasked with getting convention work for the company, ran into a case of shenanigans, called the Raleigh AM radio station and exposed it.

This sounds familiar; I suspect I may have posted this elsewhere ...   ::thinking::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: How the DNC plans to circumvent North Carolina’s right-to-work status
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 02:07:32 PM »
The shtbird Mayor Foxx was re-elected.   ::saywhat::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 02:20:30 PM »
Businesses in the area should boycott...make them import every laborer, every manufactured item, all food and drink, everything from out of town, make them PAY!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »
The shtbird Mayor Foxx was re-elected.   ::saywhat::

Stupidity has no limits....
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 03:26:22 PM »
The shtbird Mayor Foxx was re-elected.   ::saywhat::

Stupidity has no limits....

Charlotte is like practically all large cities in the country: full of Democrats siphoning off the earnings of others with a few pockets here and there of wealthy, earnest yuppies assuaging their sense of wealth-guilt by being the acceptable sort of rich, i.e. liberal rich. The true productive class live outside the city limits, as it is in almost all metropolitan areas.

Between this, the Ohio union vote, and the judicial caving on the Obamacare mandate I'm switching from anticipating the eventual collapse of the American Empire to decidedly looking forward to it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 05:53:34 PM »
Businesses in the area should boycott...make them import every laborer, every manufactured item, all food and drink, everything from out of town, make them PAY!
Unfortunately that would be cutting off your nose to spite you face.
But I agree if they could afford it. ::bashing:: ::gaah::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 07:16:05 AM »

I bet if they had the right marketing team (hey, where's the guy from Glock?) they could offset sales to prog's with sales to anti-prog's!

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Democratic National Convention Using Extortion Tactics with North Carolina Businesses

Filed under 2012 Election, Business, Economics, Finances, Government, Liberalism, Politics, Unions

"When Charlotte, North Carolina mayor, Anthony Foxx campaigned to host the Democratic National Convention in his city, he assured local business owners that there would be plenty of work for them in conjunction with the convention.  He told everyone that it would bring $150 million to the Charlotte economy.

However, to some local business owners, that is not the case.  More than one local business owner has been notified by the DNC that they would not be getting any of their business since they were not unionized.  Statements they have received from the DNC could be defined as a form of illegal extortion – you do business with me or you don’t do business at all type of extortion.

North Carolina is a right-to-work state.  That means that everyone, union or non-union, has the same right to the same job for the same pay, which is only fair to everyone, including the business owners.

In lieu of knowing this, the DNC still decided to award the convention to the city of Charlotte, whose mayor just happens to be a strong ally of President Obama.

Those companies that are unionized have been receiving contracts from the DNC while those that aren’t unionized are being turned down.  However, since the state is a right to work state, there are not very many unionized companies in the area."

Read more: Democratic National Convention Using Extortion Tactics with North Carolina Businesses | Godfather Politics http://godfatherpolitics.com/1930/democratic-national-convention-using-iextortion-tactics-with-north-carolina-businesses/#ixzz1dJYVuEqU

Lay down with Dogs you wake up with Fleas! ::facepalm::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Merging with previous thread.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 12:02:24 PM »

I bet if they had the right marketing team (hey, where's the guy from Glock?) they could offset sales to prog's with sales to anti-prog's!

::whoohoo::

A good radio campaign could inflict serious injury.
This affects every honest person in NC.