Author Topic: RINOs defeat Rand Paul measure to curb EPA pollution rule  (Read 559 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
RINOs defeat Rand Paul measure to curb EPA pollution rule
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:26:10 AM »
Senate defeats Rand Paul measure to curb EPA pollution rule

The Senate on Thursday blocked Sen. Rand Paul’s (R-Ky.) bid to kill new EPA power plant pollution rules.

In a 41-56 vote, lawmakers thwarted Paul’s resolution to overturn the Cross-State Air Pollution Rule, which requires curbs in smog and particulate-forming pollution from plants in 27 states in the eastern half of the country.

Six Republicans voted with Democrats against the resolution. Centrist Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin (W.Va.) and Ben Nelson (Neb.) joined Republicans in voting to overturn the rule.

The six Republicans who voted against the Paul resolution were Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), Kelly Ayotte (N.H.), Scott Brown (Mass.), Susan Collins (Maine), Olympia Snowe (Maine) and Mark Kirk (Ill.).

The vote is just a skirmish in larger campaign-season battles over the White House green agenda, which has drawn attacks from Republicans on EPA regulations.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: RINOs defeat Rand Paul measure to curb EPA pollution rule
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 10:39:27 AM »
The traitors need to be dealt with, and the issue, like most others, need to keep getting put up for votes as often as possible.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 11:15:20 AM »
The traitors need to be dealt with, and the issue, like most others, need to keep getting put up for votes as often as possible.

I don't disagree on principle Libertas, re; dealing with the RINO traitors. But as I read this, I asked myself, in places like New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, and Illinois, how does the GOP do better than the people that are there? I know the argument that says we'd be better off if people who vote like Democrats would just be Democrats. But majorities are important, and on some important issues - especially since the Tea Party - there has been some ground gained by holding RINO feet to the fire. Of course, the high cost is utter disappointments like this.

Idunno. The Maine sisters are a known quantity, and we've been dealing with their betrayals for years. They've shown some signs that they are not immune to Tea Party pressure. Alexander is going to be targeted by the Tea Party for sure - Tennessee can do much better. But in the case of Ayotte, Brown, and Kirk, I don't know what the answer is. I don't know how the GOP does better than them, and I don't know that it would be worth sacrificing a potential majority in order to risk primary battles against them.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 12:38:04 PM »
Simple.  States with people who voted for this are cut off first, when plants start having to shut down, and peak emergencies become common.

Until the typical Illinois...California...Maine...ect voting dumbass starts feeling the direct effects of their votes, nothing will change.