Author Topic: Prez on verge of Dictatorship: Paul  (Read 840 times)

charlesoakwood

Prez on verge of Dictatorship: Paul
« on: November 10, 2011, 12:58:23 AM »

Ron Paul: Obama Presidency On The Verge Of Being A "Dictatorship"

Video at  link
@1:14

Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) says President Obama's continued use of the executive order "brings the modern presidency dangerously close to an elective dictatorship."

"That is arrogant," Paul said of Obama frequently using the executive order function as of late. "It is flaunting the Constitution and the whole principle of how we’re supposed to operate. The idea they can just do this and take over the legislative function and brag about it -- and Congress does nothing and the courts do nothing about it, it's very, very bad."

"He's dictatorial, is what he is," Rep. Paul said before the end of the interview.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Prez on verge of Dictatorship: Paul
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:01:04 AM »
But he's just the kookie old uncle, right?
/
Finally, someone has the guts to say it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 04:54:07 AM »
Something about 'a blind squirrel finding a nut' springs to mind.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 05:53:51 AM »
Some of the most brilliant people I have ever known share a similar character trait: They gots a screw slightly loose up there in the cranial cortex area. Yeah, they think right outta the box and into the next planet sometimes. But they be brilliant, otherwise.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 07:28:10 AM »
Maybe somebody could develop a drug that keeps people in a fully rational state of mind, Paul would benefit greatly from such a miracle pill.  No doubt today he'll revert to saying something totally asinine...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 07:37:35 AM »
Idunno. I'm probably gonna get blasted for this, but in these debates, I have not heard Ron Paul take a single position I disagree with, except in foreign policy. If I had to choose the person on that stage that I trust the most to be exactly who they say they are and appear to be, it would be Ron Paul. If I had to choose those on that stage with whom I am most ideologically aligned, he would be in my top tier.

I think Ron Paul's appearance, voice, and demeanor have become his reputation, and I think that the establishment has demonized and marginalized him successfully. Lost in both dynamics, is the fact (IMHO) that if this man looked like Mitt Romney and resonated like Sarah Palin, yet held the exact beliefs and positions that he holds (aside from his abandonment of Israel), he would be our nominee, hands down.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:50:33 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 07:48:27 AM »
I wouldn't argue with that IDP, but decoupling him from his more bizarre beliefs is akin to asking a skunk to be a cat...you can ask all you want...it's still a skunk.

I find myself getting charmed by gNewt...then I have to slap myself and recall his betrayals!

Nobody is perfect, and if this field convinces me of anything, it is that.

I'm still in the Cain camp, but it's a long way to election day...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 08:29:34 AM »
I think I'm just coming to the conclusion that the guy deserves more respect than he gets, and should be taken more seriously than he is. Not as a presidential candidate, but as a conservative thinker. More than anyone else, Paul has reminded the public that the constitution as-written is precious and worth fighting for as not just an abstract ideal, but as a concrete foundation. There are constitutional conservatives all over the place, but his runs for the presidency have brought these ideals to the forefront of the consciousness of a helluva lot more people than the efforts of - just as an example - Justices Thomas or Scalia.

Ron Paul has brought constitutional ideals to the public like no one else, and actually created thousands if not millions of new constitutional conservatives by his efforts. And we scoff at him because he's an old crank, his followers are overzealous, and his foreign policy is untenable in today's world. The derision he receives is to me, beginning to appear non-commensurate with whatever derision he deserves, and likewise the appreciation he receives is inadequate to the service he has provided - all IMHO of course.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 10:13:19 AM »
You are making good points, and if his supporters weren't such odious trolls, perhaps more instructive and constructive debates and discussions could be had among people.  Instead all we get from them is "...only Ron Paul..."  "...Nobody but Ron Paul..." and variations on that meme, can't expect to have a reasonable or meaningful conversation with the PaulBots...it's like thinking you can reason with a death-cultist Mohammadan.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 10:37:37 AM »
But he's just the kookie old uncle, right?
/
Finally, someone has the guts to say it.

I hope he keeps saying it.  My worry is that just because it's him saying it, others who ought to be saying it, will flee from the truth of it.

Whichever Republican is elected, he ought to sic Paul on the Fed.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 10:47:24 AM »

From your lips...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 11:28:54 AM »
Yeah, if I can't get Treasury   ;D  might as well be somebody else that can gut the place and go after the Fed!   ::whoohoo::