Author Topic: Wrongly accused of murder in Iraq, a former Marine looks for redemption on the c  (Read 586 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Wrongly accused of murder in Iraq, a former Marine looks for redemption on the campaign trail

Published: 11:36 PM 11/09/2011

By Will Rahn

"Ilario Pantano, a former Marine who was wrongly accused of murdering two Iraqis in 2004, is looking to become the first Republican to represent North Carolina’s 7th Congressional District since Reconstruction.

Pantano has what might be the most unusual resume of any candidate running in 2012. The son of an Italian immigrant, he was raised in the Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood of New York City, then a rough-and-tumble neighborhood that lived up to its name. He attended the prestigious Horace Mann prep school on a half-scholarship, and shocked classmates when he left for the Marine Corps after graduation.

“I would venture to say no one has ever enlisted in the Marines in the history of Horace Mann,” one classmate told New York magazine in 2005.

After serving in Operation Desert Storm, Pantano returned to New York and worked as a bartender as he made his way through New York University. He worked for a time at Goldman Sachs, but after his service in the Marines, he found the life of an investment banker boring."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/09/wrongly-accused-of-murder-in-iraq-a-former-marine-looks-for-redemption-on-the-campaign-trail/#ixzz1dJWGtXEq

More and more Servicemen and Ladies will be involved in Politics. At least I sincerely hope so!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Could be a potentially interesting member on the Armed Services committee one day!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Could be a potentially interesting member on the Armed Services committee one day!

Obama's treatment of the Armed Service is going to come back to haunt not only him but, the Democrat Party in General. In fact, can't think of any group or organization that should be particularly happy with him. China, that could be the only one!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
This year, Pantano is challenging McIntyre once again in North Carolina’s recently redrawn 7th District. Republicans now have the upper hand in the district and, should Pantano win the GOP primary in May, there’s a strong chance he’ll be its congressman-elect next November.

I thought I remembered him running already; he did, in 2010, and lost.  I'll be lending support this time around.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"