Author Topic: Private Property? Ha! Since when?  (Read 622 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Private Property? Ha! Since when?
« on: November 15, 2011, 12:42:37 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/15/nypd-clears-occupy-wall-street-compound-70-arrested/

Hey, you thought that private property owners could evict squatters after two months of allowing them to vent their incoherent political frustrations?  Not in New York City, pal (via JWF):
   A New York judge on Tuesday issued a temporary restraining order allowing protesters to return to Zuccotti Park only hours after police forcibly removed them, arresting dozens.

The order by Justice Lucy Billings set a hearing date for Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. and said that until the matter was considered at that hearing, the city and Brookfield Properties, the owners of Zuccotti Park, would be prohibited from evicting protesters or “enforcing ‘rules’ published after the occupation began or otherwise preventing protesters from re-entering the park with tents and other property previously utilized.”

It was not immediately clear what effect the order would have on the protesters meeting in nearby Foley Square. Some had advocated returning to the park.

So, looks like private property is now the property of the government (not that we didn't already know this of course).

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Private Property? Ha! Since when?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:57:58 PM »
Not so fast ....

But within hours, she was off the case as court administrators prepared to randomly choose a new judge — and excluded Billings’ name from the list of candidates.

Link

This is all so much communist crap.  This btch has followed in the steps of those who have determined your property is at the disposal of anyone who lodges a claim, so matter how spurious or bogus, that she and her ilk can use to deprive you of it.  The park is private property for the use of the public; how not allowing tents for campouts is a violation of these POS "civil rights" is turning the rule of law on its head.

SSDD.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 01:07:10 PM »

I can hear her say it, all your private property is target
for your enemy, and your enemy is me

HT/JA

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »
GRRRRRRRRR  >:(
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »
From Auster:

As I said weeks ago, this is the way it is with liberal politicians such as Michael Bloomberg. They let a bad situation continue on and on and get worse and worse, in the meantime adopting all kinds of pious liberal poses to justify their lack of action to fix the situation, and only take action when the problem becomes completely intolerable and has caused much harm that could have been readily avoided if they had acted sooner.

That's how they maintain their identity and legitimacy as liberals. If they had acted sooner, they would be seen as "oppressive right wingers." By not acting until their liberal constituents' unprincipled exceptions to their own liberalism have blossomed ("Oooh, I believe in the right of protest, I believe in fighting the greedy corporations, but I can't stand the the noise, the smell, the inconvenience any more. Help!"), they preserve their liberal credentials.

That is, they impose their Oppression in the name of liberalism until it becomes "too much", i.e. "things have gone too far", and then they throw their liberal "principles" out the window and act like they should have in the first place, like those dreaded "right-wingers".

Any thinking person can brain-storm the eventual and logical end of almost any course of action today, within reason.  But the Left doesn't think; they emote, they feeeeeel, they "intend", and they're always covertly surprised when what any rational person could have predicted comes to pass.  "Unexpected"!

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 04:38:08 PM »
From Auster:

As I said weeks ago, this is the way it is with liberal politicians such as Michael Bloomberg. They let a bad situation continue on and on and get worse and worse, in the meantime adopting all kinds of pious liberal poses to justify their lack of action to fix the situation, and only take action when the problem becomes completely intolerable and has caused much harm that could have been readily avoided if they had acted sooner.

That's how they maintain their identity and legitimacy as liberals. If they had acted sooner, they would be seen as "oppressive right wingers." By not acting until their liberal constituents' unprincipled exceptions to their own liberalism have blossomed ("Oooh, I believe in the right of protest, I believe in fighting the greedy corporations, but I can't stand the the noise, the smell, the inconvenience any more. Help!"), they preserve their liberal credentials.

That is, they impose their Oppression in the name of liberalism until it becomes "too much", i.e. "things have gone too far", and then they throw their liberal "principles" out the window and act like they should have in the first place, like those dreaded "right-wingers".

Any thinking person can brain-storm the eventual and logical end of almost any course of action today, within reason.  But the Left doesn't think; they emote, they feeeeeel, they "intend", and they're always covertly surprised when what any rational person could have predicted comes to pass.  "Unexpected"!
Well said Pan they always feel for you until they feel you next to them...............Hippocrates All. ::ohno:: ::overkill::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow