Author Topic: 11-12-11 Saturday Debate  (Read 654 times)

charlesoakwood

11-12-11 Saturday Debate
« on: November 12, 2011, 02:34:08 AM »

It's on CBS.  Yeah, Saturday is a busy day but you never know
what's going to happen at the debate.  The moderators are
starting to compete with the past broadcasters for attention or
quality and are even attempting to debate the cast which was
quite an embarrassment for them last time.

Preview:[with video] What to expect in CBS News GOP debate

CBS News' Sharyl Attkisson and National Journal managing editor for national security Jamie Tarabay outline what to expect to hear from GOP presidential candidates on national security and foreign policy in CBS News/National Journal's debate on Saturday.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: 11-12-11 Saturday Debate
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 05:04:40 AM »
As with all previous debates ... I won't be watching .

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 08:56:49 AM »
I've got plans for the entire day. Muskie fishing until dark, then Canasta & pizza with good friends. Have to catch it on the rerun.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 09:13:38 AM »
I have no TV (disconnected it years ago because I was tired of having to pay only to then have a choice between this leftist program or that one) so I haven't watched any of the debates. I listen to talk radio after the fact and get the gist of who said what, etc.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus