Author Topic: NLRB lawyer: "We screwed up the U.S. economy"  (Read 1588 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
NLRB lawyer: "We screwed up the U.S. economy"
« on: November 09, 2011, 09:38:33 PM »
This is un totally believable. This is not a contrite admission. It is flippant braggadocio, not meant for public consumption. This is a plain admission that the decision forbidding Boeing from relocating to South Carolina was a politically motivated gift to the unions, and meant to punish Boeing, even at the expense of jobs and the economy.

Take your blood pressure meds.

NLRB lawyer: "We screwed up the U.S. economy"

New documents obtained by Judicial Watch show acting National Labor Relations Board General Counsel Lafe Solomon joking that the NLRB's suit against Boeing would kill jobs in South Carolina. Commenting on a Planet Labor article whose headline suggests Boeing might not be able to open its new plant in South Carolina because of "antiunion behavior," Solomon writes:

[blockquote]The article gave me a new idea. You go to geneva and I get a job with airbus. We screwed up the us economy and now we can tackle europe.[/blockquote]

Solomon goes on to complain that Obama NLRB nominee Craig Becker may be getting the credit for the Boeing suit: "I didn't read all of the meltwater articles but some of the headlines tie boeing to craig. Unbelievable."

Solomon's colleague, outgoing NLRB Chairwoman Wlima Liebman, replies by soothing Soloman's bruised ego. "None of the articles tie craig to boeing. Just mention his recess appointment. No one is raining on your parade," Liebman wrote in reply.

Becker, who was once counsel to both the AFL-CIO and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), had his nomination to the NLRB blocked by the Senate. News of his recess appointment to the NLRB coincided with Solomon's suit against Boeing.

In another email, NLRB attorney sent an article from The Economist to NLRB attorney Debra Willen and commented: "Exactly; it just shows you how incredibly reactionary the US is, that the conservative Economist thinks we’re Neanderthal."

Willen seems to have been a magnet for emails belittling South Carolina. When a former NLRB employee emailed Willen a note mocking Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., as "Sen. Dement," Willen replied: "You retired with your integrity, which makes you far wealthier than Sen. Dement will ever be."

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton says the tenor of the emails show the NLRB's case against Boeing isn't supported by the law. “These documents provide further evidence that the Obama administration’s attack on Boeing is irresponsible and politically motivated,” Fitton said. “NLRB attorneys come off as juvenile politicos rather than professionals interested in arbitrating a labor dispute. The utter contempt for congressional oversight shows that the NRLB thinks it is above the law. We hope these documents help educate the public about the ongoing abuse of power by this agency.”
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Re: NLRB lawyer: "We screwed up the U.S. economy"
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 09:54:41 PM »

Did I read that correctly; that they are getting egotistical
over who gets credit for killing jobs in NC?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 09:56:08 PM »

Yes. SC, but yes. He's whining because he thinks someone else is going to get the credit for killing jobs in SC.

These people have just got to be stopped.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »

That puts an end to speculation whether Obama is a buffoon
or he is deliberately working to destroy America as we know it.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:12:11 PM »

Yes. SC, but yes. He's whining because he thinks someone else is going to get the credit for killing jobs in SC.

They will be.  One way or the other.

Which way is up to them; we can do this procedurally or ... not.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 05:33:12 AM »

They will be.  One way or the other.

Which way is up to them; we can do this procedurally or ... not.

Looks to be the latter.........
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 06:59:57 AM »
Yeah, that other way.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 07:21:07 AM »
Heh.  Nothing dumber than a room full of Poli Sci retards.  Maybe the Poli Sci Retard in Chief would like to man up, and take the credit himself for the jack boot on the throat of Boeing?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 07:42:07 AM »
Among his leftnut buddies, I bet he does!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 09:33:27 AM »

Feet on the desk
smoke rings in the air.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 09:42:13 AM »

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 10:08:24 AM »
I H8 him!