Author Topic: Insider Trading  (Read 836 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Insider Trading
« on: November 11, 2011, 11:31:22 AM »
http://www.cnbc.com/id/45249857

This is something I already knew from listening to talk radio but I had never seen it in print before. So for any of you out there that didn't know that it is NOT illegal for government officials to engage in insider trading...well, now you do!

Generally, however, legal analysts say that Wall Street insider trading laws do not apply to Congress. As an open and public institution, the legal assumption has long been that any member of the public can have access to information about how Congress works. In practice, though, that's simply not true, as powerful members of Congress come into contact daily with market-moving tidbits. That gap between the law and the reality has made Capitol Hill a virtual free-fire zone for insider trading. Over the years, academic studies have found that members of the House of Representatives beat the market by as much as six percent per year and members of the Senate do even better than that.

Nothing to see here - move along folks...move along.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Insider Trading
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 11:49:22 AM »
Really.  Another way in which they've exempted themselves from the law; the Ruling Class.

Now we know why they all leave Congress (eventually) mucho richer than when they got in.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 01:28:23 PM »
Anyone who thinks that members of congress are not and haven't always been privy to "proprietary information" is kidding him/herself .

Offline MacWell™

• Likes the place
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 02:50:03 PM »
WELL!
Say it ain't so raspberry.
I can not believe that one of my distinguished congress critters would avail themselves with i'll gotten gain.

This is exactly why I've been shouting about ridding America of all the career politicians. These slime have been doing this forever and we the people have allowed it.
The question we face now, is, What are we going to do about it?

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 04:33:10 PM »
WELL!
Say it ain't so raspberry.
I can not believe that one of my distinguished congress critters would avail themselves with i'll gotten gain.

This is exactly why I've been shouting about ridding America of all the career politicians. These slime have been doing this forever and we the people have allowed it.
The question we face now, is, What are we going to do about it?
Crickets chirping!
Nothing, we can do little unless we restore dignity to the people's representatives. They'll never ever give up their little perks unless by some miracle that the "people" decide to set up guillotine and slice off the heads of the guilty party's. Only punishment with consequenses can you get corrupt politicians to either skip "public service" or modify their destructive behavior. When you get right down to it, you know I'm right. ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline MacWell™

• Likes the place
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 06:19:00 AM »
In 1994 when I first entered the nether-world of the internet, I knew then that this contraption was going to change the world as we know it. Now, in 2011 I see that the internet has. It's disturbing to me that we the people may have to resort to another armed revolt to take America back from the hands of the very same Marxists that we were so warned about in the 50's. Everyone tilting left made fun of Joseph McCarthy, calling on his name, brings out ridicule from the left. I believe we need to apologize to Mr. McCarthy. It seems like he was, not only right, but, if we the people had an honest press back then, he wouldn't have been vilified. The press in America must believe that they have the right to lead discussions about the future of this country, instead of just provoking them, which is their place.

We the people have all the tools we need to retake this great land, and we'd better use them in 2012, because I don't think we're going to get another chance. The ruling elite, .ie, career politicians, are on to us. They're now, as I write, trying to figure out how to block this thing, the internet, from exposing them for all Americans to see. They are the ones responsible for the frankensteins monster that is our congress. They're the ones responsible for the debt that each of us Americans are strapped with. They're the ones who block our military from doing the job they're trained for, (to kill America's enemies). They're the ones responsible for allowing the president to rule from the white house.

The career politicians have allowed America to slide into the morass she's in, and they're the reason that we MUST keep the internet open and free. Fear anyone of them who talks about policing the airwaves. This tool of free men is about the only thing we have left, besides our vote, that will protect our freedom.
Remember, it's because of this new tool that we the people have been awakened from our slumber, alerted to the danger we face in restoring America to her once great place in the world.

We must decide if what we say we believe, and what we're willing to fight for, are one in the same. If indeed, "all men are created equal" is more than just a bit of info you must learn to pass history class, then America should require all nations to adhere to that (self evident truth).
Imho, America should be the world's policeman. We're the only nation of our kind on earth, where anyone with an idea can make it if they're willing to work hard. Where all men can live out their dreams without reprisal from some potentate who disagrees.

I believe America has one chance left and it's the 2012 elections and beyond.

We the people MUST decide.