Author Topic: "All-American Muslim"  (Read 1691 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"All-American Muslim"
« on: November 12, 2011, 04:25:23 PM »
TLC (previously known as The Learning Channel) will debut a new series tomorrow evening, Sunday, Nov. 13, titled “All-American Muslim.”

I was contacted and given the opportunity to preview the debut episode, “How to marry a Muslim” and interview the show’s developers. Right up front I can tell you that this series will offer a number of things which will enlighten and entertain some people while no doubt having heads exploding in other quarters. Personally, I found it fascinating.

The series focuses on a number of people in Dearborn, Michigan, all members of the Muslim-American community. It’s a rather eclectic collection of both married couples and singles, ranging from devout practitioners of their faith (women wearing head scarves, adherence to traditional Arab lifestyles) to very westernized young folks, including a woman who dresses far more like the Kardashians and has an interesting collection of tattoos.

Rather than being a bland travel video of happy Muslims immersing themselves in American culture, however, the show takes more than a few chances in showing some of the complications and pitfalls which arise when cultural worlds collide. One of the more startling examples is that of Shadia Amen as she prepares to marry her all American, Irish Catholic boyfriend Jeff. The impending nuptials have Jeff’s mother a bit out of sorts since he’s agreed to convert to the Muslim faith in order to be able to satisfy his bride and her family.

More at the link.

::SNORT::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: "All-American Muslim"
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 04:41:31 PM »
The impending nuptials have Jeff’s mother a bit out of sorts since he’s agreed to convert to the Muslim faith in order to be able to satisfy his bride and her family.

Some guys will do (just about) anything to get some nookie... ::speechless::

RickZ

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 05:17:56 PM »
The impending nuptials have Jeff’s mother a bit out of sorts since he’s agreed to convert to the Muslim faith in order to be able to satisfy his bride and her family.

We'll say just about anything, too, or 'talking trash' as we called it in college (not the 'talking trash' of today).   Trying to get some sweet young thing out of her panties, talking trash included saying things like, "Why, yes, Gloria Steinem is one of the most important female figures in the 20th Century'.  If spewing bullsh*t gets you laid, pile it on thick with a trowel.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 01:10:00 AM »

We'll say just about anything, too, or 'talking trash' as we called it in college (not the 'talking trash' of today).   Trying to get some sweet young thing out of her panties, talking trash included saying things like, "Why, yes, Gloria Steinem is one of the most important female figures in the 20th Century'.  If spewing bullsh*t gets you laid, pile it on thick with a trowel.

What Shadia's family doesn't know is that good ol' Jeff has already banged her and will probably "pull out" before the nuptuals saying ; " I may be horney but I ain't crazy ! "

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 01:26:32 PM »

He'll he's buying her with his soul when a few bucks would get him the same thing without giviing up your soul.I guess Russian brides aren't good enough for him.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 01:38:40 PM »
I guess Russian brides aren't good enough for him.

After a few years they get Americanized and start having ideas about how they can run the household. Then everything goes to chit. ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 02:43:24 PM »
All-American Muslim?

I find that statement offensive as hell!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 02:47:27 PM »
I guess Russian brides aren't good enough for him.

After a few years they get Americanized and start having ideas about how they can run the household. Then everything goes to chit. ::hysterical::

That may well be but at least you're not on your knees 5 times a day too.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 02:47:48 PM »
All-American Muslim?

I find that statement offensive as hell!

::mooning::

That's cause it is!!
 Filippo Mazzie