Author Topic: The media picking & choosing  (Read 1596 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
The media picking & choosing
« on: November 13, 2011, 03:24:38 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/13/did-cbs-intentionally-squelch-bachmann-in-the-debate/

There’s always plenty of grousing about that from the second and third tier candidates – Rick Santorum did it again last night in South Carolina – but Michele Bachmann now has a much more solid case to make in complaining on this score. It turns out that CBS inadvertently sent a memo to somebody on Bachmann’s staff which seems to indicate that they planned to keep her on the back bench.

The media cross that line between news and propaganda the moment they stop reporting the news and start manufacturing the news. Yeah, I know - we've known for a very VERY long time that the MSM was doing this...it's just good to chronicle when they do so that we can show people the truth of the matter when they call us crazy for thinking like this.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The media picking & choosing
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 05:06:30 PM »
MFM meddling never ends.  gNewt was dead right about attacking the Left and their machinations when these debates started, and the candidates have to enter an agreement to not let them dictate how they present themselves to the public, otherwise their machinations will succeed.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 06:03:47 PM »

Give them, (Bachmann, Santorum, and Huntsman),
all the time they want - somewhere else.  They are
not going to get it and their whining is annoying.
They are taking time away from candidates, one of
whom, will be our candidate.  We need all the time
possible to vet these politicians.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 06:52:18 PM »

Give them, (Bachmann, Santorum, and Huntsman),
all the time they want - somewhere else.  They are
not going to get it and their whining is annoying.
They are taking time away from candidates, one of
whom, will be our candidate.  We need all the time
possible to vet these politicians.

It's time for them to pack it in.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 06:38:00 AM »
I agree on Santorum & Huntsman for sure, but let us not be fooled into thinking anybody will consider leaving before some voting has occured...Bachmann was betting on a strong showing in Iowa to give her a boost going into the primaries...that hasn't changed...we can ask for people to step aside all we want, but until votes start getting cast it is just adding to the background noise.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 08:45:42 PM »
It seems to me all the MSM is doing is making things so cloudy it's like looking through mud.
I'll just have to rely on first hand meetings with the candidates.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 07:13:30 AM »
MFM has always had an Operation Chaos mentality when it comes to those not of their political stripe (I cannot say that without seeing them as black-haired critters with a white stripe down their backs!) and if there intention is to muddy the waters then the polls are either being ginned in that directions or reflective of the effort, whatever it is...

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2011/11/gingrich-takes-the-lead.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-15/romney-two-way-race-is-now-four-way-republican-dead-heat-in-iowa-caucuses.html

Just the fact that the Bloomberg poll has Paul at 195 leads me to believe this poll is full of it...conducted by Selxer & Co...all you have to do is see their goofy mission statement "That's where the art comes in" and client list (see below) to know what kind of a douchebag outfit you're dealing with here!  So we'll put this second poll squarely in the meddling camp!

http://www.selzerco.com/clients.html