Author Topic: Wyoming House advances doomsday bill  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Wyoming House advances doomsday bill
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:44:49 PM »
http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/wyoming-house-advances-doomsday-bill/article_af6e1b2b-0ca4-553f-85e9-92c0f58c00bd.html

More states should be considering SHTF planning, the fed's (and a lot of Libtardian states) are on the road to hell, time to plan accordingly!

::thumbsup::

Not sure where they plan to operate an aircraft carrier...   ;D   ...but a militia with a credible airwing component could keep the zombies at bay!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Wyoming House advances doomsday bill
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 08:41:07 PM »
http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/wyoming-house-advances-doomsday-bill/article_af6e1b2b-0ca4-553f-85e9-92c0f58c00bd.html

More states should be considering SHTF planning, the fed's (and a lot of Libtardian states) are on the road to hell, time to plan accordingly!

::thumbsup::

Not sure where they plan to operate an aircraft carrier...   ;D   ...but a militia with a credible airwing component could keep the zombies at bay!

I like to think of it as their subtle message to the loony left states between them and the Pacific Ocean ;)

Actually though, is this perhaps a significant bookmark in history? The moment when discussion of states having to resume their sovereign capacity had reached a certain mainstream respectability, enough so that it actually be the subject of legislation?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 09:06:25 PM »
About time.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 07:27:04 AM »
There are certain places that will be likely to resist before others. Wyoming. Idaho. Montana. Oklahoma. Texas. Alaska. Utah. North/South Dakota. A few others.

I would expect to see an exodus away from oppression before its all said and done, with people seeking refuge in a state that is more likely to respect their liberty and stand between them and the federal government.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 07:28:59 AM »
Well, at least those states are in fleeing distance.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 08:22:15 AM »
There are certain places that will be likely to resist before others. Wyoming. Idaho. Montana. Oklahoma. Texas. Alaska. Utah. North/South Dakota. A few others.

I would expect to see an exodus away from oppression before its all said and done, with people seeking refuge in a state that is more likely to respect their liberty and stand between them and the federal government.

I am kinda counting on Colorado becoming part of Utah or part of Wyoming.  The rural parts of the state are still overwhelmingly conservative.
Wyoming is on the ball- thanks to the unceasing wind,  they make enough electricity for the State and of course have control of a lot of oil.  Their State government is NOT full time and can only meet legally for a set period (longer on budget years)  sothe damage they can do is minimized. They have also separated their internal programs from the Federally funded programs, and, as a result, they can switch off the fed money overnight and just close those divisions. Wyoming is also one of te few States with a history of telling the Fed to take its bribe money and shove it.  They have an trust form the oil which the government is forbidden to spend ( or "invest")  the principle in, and in 5 more years, ALL of the state programs  can be paid using the interst from that Trust. Of course, that money is in dollars so.... that may not pan out.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 08:27:36 AM »
Thus, Wyoming exploring the option of creating their own currency, they can base it on plenty of tangible assets - PM's, oil, gas, land.

Sounds like a state trying to be on the ball.

If borders change, I could see western & southwestern MN joining conservative brethren in SD, NE & northern IA.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 10:23:50 AM »

I am kinda counting on Colorado becoming part of Utah or part of Wyoming.  The rural parts of the state are still overwhelmingly conservative.
Wyoming is on the ball- thanks to the unceasing wind,  they make enough electricity for the State and of course have control of a lot of oil.  Their State government is NOT full time and can only meet legally for a set period (longer on budget years)  sothe damage they can do is minimized. They have also separated their internal programs from the Federally funded programs, and, as a result, they can switch off the fed money overnight and just close those divisions. Wyoming is also one of te few States with a history of telling the Fed to take its bribe money and shove it.  They have an trust form the oil which the government is forbidden to spend ( or "invest")  the principle in, and in 5 more years, ALL of the state programs  can be paid using the interst from that Trust. Of course, that money is in dollars so.... that may not pan out.

I had Colorado in mind when I lumped the rest into "a few others". The conditions in places like Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Arizona, (and a few others hehe) would potentially foster resistance, but I placed them in "a few others" because they have large urban centers with state governments that are likely less prone to resist in the manner that Wyoming has resisted.

Still they're all a far cry better than Minnesota, any way you slice it. Our state government would probably end up offering itself up as a launching point for a US military strike against the West. (kidding, partly) But resist federal tyranny at the state capitol? Never, ever happen here.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 10:39:16 AM »
Never happen here in NC either, IDP.  Which is just sad, considering we could make use of a carrier.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 12:36:31 PM »
Wyoming’s Department of Homeland Security already has a statewide crisis management plan, but it doesn’t cover what the state should do in the event of an extreme nationwide political or economic collapse.

Codespeak for "our sole mission is to control the populace in a SHTF episode".

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 05:32:38 PM »

"There are certain places that will be likely to resist before others. Wyoming. Idaho. Montana. Oklahoma. Texas. Alaska. Utah. North/South Dakota. A few others."

Don't forget Louisiana, you may have to learn French but they won't be surrendering and the food is good.
Get a tan on that Lilly white too.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 05:46:48 PM »
Read the comments here: http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/archives/019409.html#comments

The commenter "marc in calgary" posted several links to legislation in other states that aim to lay the groundwork for gold and silver being used as currency within the state.  It was several states.  This is more than just Wyoming's latest bill. Wyoming's may be getting the attention for its other provisions, but the general notion of needing to prepare for the collapse of Federal legitimacy is more widespread.

To me the big news in all this is not the content of the bill per se, but the realization that just a couple of years ago something like this would be politically absurd. Now it is being discussed seriously in state legislatures.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 10:03:46 PM »
I think I remember something about the Utah effort, and note how the Fed's go after private individuals for minting   ::)  (what a stretch that is!)  coins, but state discussions on the matter receive no attention.  If states enact something, watch The Regime come with the army of DoJ lawyers & thugs!  More planning is needed, its more than necessary, its common sense.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 05:51:28 AM »
Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.

They were on a roll until I got to that part. Why does WY need an aircraft carrier? Now they sound like politicians.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 07:06:57 AM »
Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.

They were on a roll until I got to that part. Why does WY need an aircraft carrier? Now they sound like politicians.

I have seen no details on the score, but the Libiots are having fun with that idea.  Being a state, if they can afford to acquire and operate one, clearly it would be ocean-bound.  I think the idea might be to lease space from another state like Washington which already has numerous port facilities and draw other states into a cooperative compact for mutual defense.  I think the cost prohibitive.  Getting ground-based aircraft (jets and helo's) makes more sense to me.  Besides, with any luck, if everything goes sideways hard enough, perhaps liberty-loving states might find some active duty military outfits gravitating toward them and not what remains of a failed progressive federal corpse.
 ;)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »
They want an aircraft carrier? Heck yea - we got plenty! Our problem is that these days we have fewer and fewer folks who know how to run 'em  :o