Author Topic: HR 822 Nefarious - National CCW Reciprocity  (Read 3513 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: HR 822 Nefarious - National CCW Reciprocity
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 06:58:29 PM »

The Pandora's not the only entity makin' lists you know. 
And, of course, the bigger the list the better.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 06:57:22 AM »
I'm on enough lists already...

Serve in the Armed Forces?  Government has your prints on file, and a full set of your service record.

Contribute to a political party or candidate?  Hell, everybody has your name!

Driver's License?  You are in more databases than you can count!

Passport?  Hunting/fishing license?  Birth records?  Transcripts?  Associations/Clubs?  Subscriptions?  Financial records?  Tax returns?  The list is endless...

And don't forget how much can get mined and sifted in the electronic frontier, especially by the NSA!

Sometimes I figure "what's one more?"...they know where I am already!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 08:52:50 AM »
Serve in the Armed Forces?  Government has your prints on file, and a full set of your service record.

And if you've relatively recently been in the military (since at least 1996) they also have your DNA on file. I was a combat medic in the Army - enlisted in 1996 and one of my tasks at that time was to take DNA samples from every soldier in my company. We would draw some blood and fill in a dime-sized circle on a cardboard template - 5 or 6 such circles actually - and turn them over to the officer in charge of our medical unit who would then file them away for appropriate long-term storage.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »
Nice.  Just think of the criminality one could get set up with if that crap fell into the wrong hands?!   ::speechless::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »
FYI - HR 822 passed 272-154, on to the Senate, where no doubt Schumer and the rest of the asshats will obliterate the thing with so many batsh*t crazy amendments it dies a quick death...if it is even brought up by Dingy...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/house-passes-concealed-weapons-bill-that-would-allow-interstate-travel/

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 11:50:03 AM »
Serve in the Armed Forces?  Government has your prints on file, and a full set of your service record.

And if you've relatively recently been in the military (since at least 1996) they also have your DNA on file. I was a combat medic in the Army - enlisted in 1996 and one of my tasks at that time was to take DNA samples from every soldier in my company. We would draw some blood and fill in a dime-sized circle on a cardboard template - 5 or 6 such circles actually - and turn them over to the officer in charge of our medical unit who would then file them away for appropriate long-term storage.

Would it be cynical of me to suspect that, judging by general governmental inefficiency, none of those DNA samples were stored appropriately and are now worthless?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 02:33:58 PM »
@Pan:

I suppose it's possible - the government screws up EVERYTHING it touches after all. I'm not banking on that though. I'm going to operate on the assumption that my DNA is on a government database somewhere.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus