Author Topic: Not telling anybody else what to think or do, but...  (Read 5605 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Not telling anybody else what to think or do, but...
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
We've watched Perry ridiculed by the media and republican establishment over his lack of debating skills. Now, Cain is the target and as Newt gains momentum, he becomes the deer in the medias headlites.

Funny, none of thier so called "faults" are scrutinized until they gain in the polls. I wonder why? Maybe the media is choosing our candidate. If allowed to bury Newt and Cain, who will be left atop the polling? Our worst nitemare.

Maybe I'm just being obstinate, but the charges being brought against every candidate are 90% chit. The whole Newt in bed with Freddie and Fannie lunacy exhibits the utter hypocricy of media elites......Really? Freddie and fannie, who were not part of any overhaul of anything? Suddenly, working for either is taboo and a black mark on your character or resume ??? WTF!!!!

The conservative candidates are being picked off...one by one....The media is leaving us with thier candidate.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I rely on my business sense much more than I should at times, but I have no doubt a Perry, Cain or Newt will be worlds better than a romney or obama, one who is President with no resume and the others resume the blueprint of what is supposed to be a great accomplishment for our president.

None are the perfect candidate but we live in an imperfect world.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2011, 11:30:56 AM »
I have to believe the proglodyte internal polling all shows Romney offering the best cover for Obama's faults and affords them the best opportunity to get marginalized in a general election.  Since all we have to go on is who they've attacked, it does appear Romney has suffered the least scrutiny of any of them...other than Huntsman who nobody feels threatened by...for good reason.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2011, 12:23:12 PM »
@PD:

There's a reason why Romney hasn't been raked over the coals by the media even though he is supposed to be the front runner and the guy who is 100% guaranteed to be the nominee. Meanwhile, whenever one of the other upstarts actually surpasses his polling numbers they are immediately set upon like a T-Bone steak tossed into a yard of starving pit bulls.

The reason is simple and here it is:

THE MSM IS INDEED TRYING TO CHOOSE THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE.  

It's not because they think he is the best candidate for the country - but even then it is NOT their job to do any picking and choosing even if it was actually in good faith and for the good of the country! It is their job to report the news...NOTHING else. No, the reason they are doing this is because Romney is the best candidate to run against Obama and give Obama the best chance of winning...and even if Obama looses Romney is the best guy to not undo anything Obama has done thus far and indeed, maybe even push some of Obama's unfinished business further on! That is why the MSM is doing what they're doing.

The motto on the right these days is: 'Anybody but Obama!' but it really ought to be, 'Anybody but Obama or Romney!'.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2011, 12:25:42 PM »
@PD:

There's a reason why Romney hasn't been raked over the coals by the media even though he is supposed to be the front runner and the guy who is 100% guaranteed to be the nominee. Meanwhile, whenever one of the other upstarts actually surpasses his polling numbers they are immediately set upon like a T-Bone steak tossed into a yard of starving pit bulls.

THE MSM IS INDEED TRYING TO CHOOSE THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE.  It's not because they think he is the best candidate for the country - but even then it is NOT their job to do any picking and choosing even if it was actually in good faith and for the good of the country! It is their job to report the news...NOTHING else. No, the reason they are doing this is because Romney is the best candidate to run against Obama and give Obama the best chance of winning...and even if Obama looses Romney is the best guy to not undo anything Obama has done thus far and indeed, maybe even push some of Obama's unfinished business further on! That is why the MSM is doing what they're doing.

The motto on the right these days is: 'Anybody but Obama!' but it really ought to be, 'Anybody but Obama or Romney!'.

ABOOR

::clapping::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2011, 01:34:11 PM »
@PD:

THE MSM IS INDEED TRYING TO CHOOSE THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE.  

It's not because they think he is the best candidate for the country - but even then it is NOT their job to do any picking and choosing even if it was actually in good faith and for the good of the country! It is their job to report the news...NOTHING else. No, the reason they are doing this is because Romney is the best candidate to run against Obama and give Obama the best chance of winning...and even if Obama looses Romney is the best guy to not undo anything Obama has done thus far and indeed, maybe even push some of Obama's unfinished business further on! That is why the MSM is doing what they're doing.

They chose Mccain so why shouldn't they believe they can choose romney.

I believe it will be imperative, as the Santorum's and Bachman's drop out they DO NOT endorse romney. They can have a huge inpact on the race.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »
As far as that last part goes...it can be difficult given the bribes (offices) promised in return!   ::gaah::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2011, 02:49:35 PM »
As far as that last part goes...it can be difficult given the bribes (offices) promised in return!   ::gaah::

I'm a dreamer......killjoy.....LOL

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2011, 11:28:00 AM »
Romney can't get above 30% regardless of the repub that's headlining at the time. 

Bachmann never had the mometum she needed.  I think a lot of people withheld support wondering if Palin would get in.  Then Perry overshadowed what steam she had.  Then Perry got knocked and so she never had a chance to be compared to Romney or any other top tier because she was stuck being compared to those at the bottom.

I'll take someone of principle any day than someone with "experience" or who is media savvy. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."