Author Topic: Gingrich for President  (Read 5879 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Takes one to know one?
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2011, 04:10:47 PM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Takes One to Know One
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
"Because he is doing, and engaging in the exact kind of corruption that America disdains. The very things that anger the Tea Party movement and the Occupy Wall Street movement and everybody who is not in a movement and watches washington and says why are these guys getting all this money, why do they all become so rich, why do they have these advantages? Unfortunately Newt seems to play right into it."

So did you, Abramoff, ya bastid, until you were caught and "got religion".  Now -- NOW -- he wants a law locking the swinging door between lobbying firms and congress.

This is just one reason why the Feds need to be stuffed back in their Constitutional box -- Pandora, the broken-record, sez -- if there's nothing to sell there will be no buyers.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Gingrich for President
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »

gNewt's golf tees are not engraved in gold, they are gold and they
are engraved with Indian rosewood.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011, 09:09:49 PM »
Pot meet Kettle, Kettle meet Pot now both you guys go and.......................F off
 ::bashing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 04:19:30 AM »

The one area where I seriously disagree with Paul is his utter ignorance of the nature and history of Islam.  He believes that Muslims hate us because we keep meddling in their affairs.  Yet the Muslims were already totalitarian imperialistic murdering psychopaths long before the United States of America came into existence.  Epic fail.

No matter how appealing Paul may be on other issues , his stance on Islam is so egregiously wrong-headed and dangerous that it outweighs any sane thing he might say . The issue of supreme importance to me is the continued security of the United States , without which all the other issues become nothing more than ciphers . Paul's stupendously foolish analysis of Islam would do nothing less than get us all killed .
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 05:05:57 AM by Sectionhand »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2011, 08:02:49 AM »
Time for another look at Santorum?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2011, 09:45:19 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/17/gingrich-to-media-let-me-explain-the-difference-between-the-tea-party-and-ows/

Romney and Cain took some well-deserved shots at the occupiers today too but here’s Gingrich ramping it up with a base-pleasing tea-party contrast. Between soundbites like this and the occasional roundhouse at debate moderators, I’m starting to believe those Rasmussen numbers.

Newt seems to be slipping past some of his past baggage here.  Not that I'm happy or anything - granted he'd be better than Romney - but he seems to be positioned pretty well at the moment (with the voting fast approaching no less!) and he is saying all the right things (even though astute observers know how quickly he can change direction!) to grab people's attention and get their support. It's starting to look more and more plausible that Newt may win the whole tamale.   
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2011, 01:13:01 PM »

Time to stop the phony "debates" run by the Media Party, so some of the candidates like Santorum will be allowed "fair time".  Currently, the "moderators" spend more time asking the gotcha question than the time the candidates are permitted to answer.  Santorum and Bachmann get short shrift in every event as well as they're asked for few responses. 

The whole set up stinks.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2011, 02:37:31 PM »
We keep saying we need to stop playing the Left's game (and the RINO game) but nobody listens to us!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2011, 02:44:27 PM »

Time to stop the phony "debates" run by the Media Party, so some of the candidates like Santorum will be allowed "fair time".  Currently, the "moderators" spend more time asking the gotcha question than the time the candidates are permitted to answer.  Santorum and Bachmann get short shrift in every event as well as they're asked for few responses.  The whole set up stinks.

And Paul

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »

gNewt's golf tees are not engraved in gold, they are gold and they
are engraved with Indian rosewood.

::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: That thar is funny, I don't care who you r.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »

Time to stop the phony "debates" run by the Media Party, so some of the candidates like Santorum will be allowed "fair time".  Currently, the "moderators" spend more time asking the gotcha question than the time the candidates are permitted to answer.  Santorum and Bachmann get short shrift in every event as well as they're asked for few responses.  The whole set up stinks.

And Paul

True.

Although, and no offense meant to you, AP, Paul, given enough time to speak always gets around to sounding like the room's crazy Uncle.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2011, 06:24:37 PM »

Time to stop the phony "debates" run by the Media Party, so some of the candidates like Santorum will be allowed "fair time".  Currently, the "moderators" spend more time asking the gotcha question than the time the candidates are permitted to answer.  Santorum and Bachmann get short shrift in every event as well as they're asked for few responses. 

The whole set up stinks.

They keep showing up for the side show and this what happens. If they stopped going and trying to kill each other in public. Somebody needs to talk to the voters and stop letting themselves get set up by the msm.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »

WZ Poll: Who Are You Supporting For GOP Nominee?…

Newt Gingrich        42.82%  (1,228 votes) 
Herman Cain        33.26%  (954 votes) 
Rick Perry                    9.76%  (280 votes) 
Mitt Romney                4.5%    (129 votes) 
Ron Paul                    4.46%   (128 votes) 
Michele Bachmann       2.93%     (84 votes) 
Rick Santorum          1.71%     (49 votes) 
Jon Huntsman         0.56%     (16 votes) 

Total Votes:       2,868

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 11:29:42 PM »
Or maybe Perry rebounds. As I said earlier...at this point I have no dog in this hunt. I will support the nominee against the Dingus. That's the bottom line.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 11:30:57 PM »
Political junkies (such as us) are not going to be satisfied with anyone emerging from this pack. They each have their flaws, some more than others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 11:58:13 PM »

Agreed.

I like Perry's plan to cut the number of days congress is in secession
in half, cutting their pay in half and tying the remainder to their performance
balancing the budget.  Living under the same laws we live under is also appealing.

The best hedge funds profit at 7%  congress critters profit at 12% playing the market.
Sounds like insider trading to me.  The plan cuts that also.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2011, 12:40:55 AM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/11/20/george_will_on_newt_gingrich_hes_the_classic_rental_politician.html

"Gingrich's is an amazingly efficient candidacy in that it embodies everything that is disagreeable about modern Washington. He's the classic rental politician," George Will said on "This Week" today.

"People think that his problem is his colorful personal life. He'll hope that people concentrate on that rather than, for example, ethanol. Al Gore has recanted ethanol. Not Newt Gingrich. Industrial policy of the sort that got us Solyndra, he's all for it. Freddie Mac, he says, hired him as a historian. He's not a historian."
     _George Will

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2011, 07:41:18 AM »
Although, and no offense meant to you, AP, Paul, given enough time to speak always gets around to sounding like the room's crazy Uncle

Pan, no offense taken and none meant.

If he had more time, either he would expose himself as a crazy uncle or some crazy ideas like Constitutional government and Rule of Law would come out
Then, except for the rabid Paulbots who will never see anything wrong, his growing support will go away.
Or continue to grow
Like in Iowa
I agree that he is a little funky on foreign policy.
But, I think the real enemy may be right here
And if we're bankrupt, how will we fight those wars anyhow?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2011, 10:08:28 AM »
Although, and no offense meant to you, AP, Paul, given enough time to speak always gets around to sounding like the room's crazy Uncle

Pan, no offense taken and none meant.

If he had more time, either he would expose himself as a crazy uncle or some crazy ideas like Constitutional government and Rule of Law would come out
Then, except for the rabid Paulbots who will never see anything wrong, his growing support will go away.
Or continue to grow
Like in Iowa
I agree that he is a little funky on foreign policy.
But, I think the real enemy may be right here
And if we're bankrupt, how will we fight those wars anyhow?

Agree on those points.  As far as "crazy ideas like Constitutional government", there's not enough of that talk going on.