Author Topic: Clinton Tax hikes set to kick in Jan 01  (Read 1248 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Clinton Tax hikes set to kick in Jan 01
« on: November 14, 2011, 11:09:14 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/14/reversion-to-the-clinton-tax-hikes-time-to-rethink-what-our-government-has-become/

As we read more and more about the US federal government handing out money – borrowed-against-our-future money – to the private enterprises of Obama’s campaign donors, it is heart-warming to remember that the tax code is scheduled to revert on 1 January to what it was under Bill Clinton.

This means that unless the Super Committee comes to an agreement to avert it, you are almost guaranteed to have a larger federal income tax bill next year.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Clinton Tax hikes set to kick in Jan 01
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:40:11 AM »
The Super-Stupid Committee was designed to either roll Repub's into doing what the Left wants and/or a means to blame the Repub's for failing to "put party politics aside" as a 2012 campaign issue.  Either way the Repub's effed up royally by agreeing to the original deal last summer, if they had not bought the BS of the Left and stuck to their guns on the debt ceiling issue their bargaining power would be triple what it is now.  But too late, they effed it all up and now they are left with nothing but delaying tactics until election day...and the Left will go merrily about blaming them for all the ills in government and the economy...

Stupid effing Repub's!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 09:15:23 AM »
I see what you did there with that title!   ::thumbsup::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »
I know Pan - I'm a very bad man aren't I? Does that make me a democrat now?  ::unknowncomic::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 12:33:26 PM »
I know Pan - I'm a very bad man aren't I? Does that make me a democrat now?  ::unknowncomic::

You're a very good man who knows how to run the Left's own playbook against them!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"