Author Topic: OWSer tries to disrupt newly-elected Congressman Bob Turner’s swearing in  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The pic is priceless.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I saved it to my PC!

So I could bring it into Photobucket and post here!

::bows::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
OUTSTANDING!  ::USA::  ::thumbsup::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline michelleo

I was thinking about these types of disruptions the other day.  I had read somewhere that OWS also wants to disrupt the Republican caucuses.  I was wondering whether I still had time to get a concealed carry permit.  I, for one, will not allow my voting rights to be trampeled on so that some smelly punks can feel like they have some meaning in their lives.  I don't have the strength of an ex-Marine to drag people back outside, but I could encourage them to leave down the barrel of a gun.

charlesoakwood

...to use it again and again  ::thumbsup::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
I was thinking about these types of disruptions the other day.  I had read somewhere that OWS also wants to disrupt the Republican caucuses.  I was wondering whether I still had time to get a concealed carry permit.  I, for one, will not allow my voting rights to be trampled on so that some smelly punks can feel like they have some meaning in their lives.

I have been reading that they are planing to disrupt the Republican caucuses as well - and to think they were originally billed as not being left or right yet they sure do seem to go out of their way to attack the right side of the political spectrum while pretty much leaving the left side alone...

But I digress. The thing I was looking to address was:

I don't have the strength of an ex-Marine to drag people back outside, but I could encourage them to leave down the barrel of a gun.

A) Here in Florida it is against the law to take your firearm to ANY politically motivated event (as well as bar or any establishment that serves alcohol as their primary source of income, any church, any public school, any Federal building, any establishment that has 'no firearms allowed' signage and any sporting event; pharmacies used to be on this list too but that has since been allowed) whether you are licensed to carry it or not. You should be VERY certain to see if your state allows you to do that without breaking the law first or you could be the one getting into trouble, not the flea-bagger.

B) I wouldn't plan to use a cw as you've outlined - because frankly, that will land you in jail - unless of course, your life is being threatened (and depending upon the laws in your state) or some other person's life is being threatened.

Be very sure to read up on your laws carefully and be very certain to get the proper training to be able to carry safely and legally - and be very sure to practice regularly with the firearm you plan to carry!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:35:34 PM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
To Mr. Hiltunen! ::beertoast::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  Love a happy ending.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline michelleo

I don't have the strength of an ex-Marine to drag people back outside, but I could encourage them to leave down the barrel of a gun.

A) Here in Florida it is against the law to take your firearm to ANY politically motivated event (as well as bar or any establishment that serves alcohol as their primary source of income, any church, any public school, any Federal building, any establishment that has 'no firearms allowed' signage and any sporting event; pharmacies used to be on this list too but that has since been allowed) whether you are licensed to carry it or not. You should be VERY certain to see if your state allows you to do that without breaking the law first or you could be the one getting into trouble, not the flea-bagger.

B) I wouldn't plan to use a cw as you've outlined - because frankly, that will land you in jail - unless of course, your life is being threatened (and depending upon the laws in your state) or some other person's life is being threatened.

Be very sure to read up on your laws carefully and be very certain to get the proper training to be able to carry safely and legally - and be very sure to practice regularly with the firearm you plan to carry!

A voice of reason.  I know you're right.  I just remember the last caucus I went to in 2008.  The room was made up of a whole bunch of senior citizens and me.    I don't think there was an ex-military/ex-law-enforcement officer in the bunch.  Have any suggestions on dealing with disruptors not involving brute strength or pistols?

charlesoakwood

Re: OWSer tries to disrupt newly-elected Congressman Bob Turner’s swearing in
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 12:49:13 AM »

You want to shoot old people?
Don't let them intimidate you
kick their canes out from under
them.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 12:52:36 AM »
Video cameras will be indispensable tools against the Left's dirty tricks.  Fortunately with most new cell phones doubling as cameras, they're everywhere and videos can be on YouTube almost immediately.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 07:01:55 AM »
Video cameras will be indispensable tools against the Left's dirty tricks.  Fortunately with most new cell phones doubling as cameras, they're everywhere and videos can be on YouTube almost immediately.

Then how come we haven't caught Bigfoot yet ?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 08:12:37 AM »

Huh?  Here it is with Whatshisface -

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »
@michelleo:

I have to agree w/Glock - get a video camera and tape everything. You want to intimidate a leftist without getting yourself into trouble? Cockroaches H-A-T-E the light...to a leftist a video camera is like light to a cockroach!

Incidentally, I'm not advocating against you getting a CW permit or whatever the requirement is in your state. I'm just pointing out the pitfalls of taking such actions in the scenario you've outlined is all. I'm a rather staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment and am quite happy to support anyone that wishes to carry a weapon for their protection.  
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:57:51 AM by BMG »
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 03:22:14 AM »

Huh?  Here it is with Whatshisface -

Get a load of Stymie's costume . He looks like he's ready to jump in his F4F and take on the Jap Fleet !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 07:39:21 AM »
Get a load of Stymie's costume . He looks like he's ready to jump in his F4F and take on the Jap Fleet !

Heh!  I dunno though SH, since he said Hawaii is a part of Asia, no doubt he'd surrender himself and Hawaii to the Jap's!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 09:49:04 AM »
Maybe he's going to rendezvous with the Japs and attack Pearl Harbor !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 10:46:55 AM »
Hey, that ain't funny!

::foilhathelicopter::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 05:09:25 AM »
Hey, that ain't funny!

::foilhathelicopter::

Who said anything about "funny" ? Although sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying over the things that stupid bastard does !  ::whatgives:: ::cussing::