Author Topic: James Rickards’ “Four Horsemen of the Dollar Apocalypse”  (Read 882 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
James Rickards’ “Four Horsemen of the Dollar Apocalypse”
« on: November 17, 2011, 11:45:10 AM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/james-rickards-four-horsemen-dollar-apocalypse-143742524.html?l=1

Faced with such upheaval, Rickards suggests the U.S. will invoke the International Emergency Economic Powers Act of 1997, which gives the President "near dictatorial powers to respond to a national emergency."

::speechless::

::facepalm::

::exitstageleft::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: James Rickards’ “Four Horsemen of the Dollar Apocalypse”
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 02:07:36 PM »
In addition to seizing all foreign gold on U.S. soil, Rickards envisions the President closing the stock exchanges, suspending trading of U.S. Treasuries by foreigners and prohibiting exports of gold from the U.S., among other draconian steps.

In the aftermath, the U.S. would control about 70% of the world's gold system and all us to "reboot the system and have a new gold-backed Bretton Woods," he says. "That would be a good scenario if we got their by consent and by multilateral action...but to do it on an emergency basis in the face of a collapse in confidence in paper currencies; it would solve the problem but it would not be a good scenario."

EDITOR!!!!!!!  Geez.

Seizing all "foreign gold"?  Hah!  I can envision them seizing all gold, period.

I've heard many times and from hundreds that there is "no way we can return to the gold standard" and I'm here to tell you we need -- NEED -- to have a solid backing to our money because, as Richards wrote:  "The power elites hate [the gold standard] because it takes away their ability to print money; when you print money you rig the game, you control the game."

This control needs to be wrested away from them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: James Rickards’ “Four Horsemen of the Dollar Apocalypse”
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 06:50:54 AM »
Yup, all they do now is debase and destroy...and curious how much the master manipulators on the Left, all these Neo-Keynesian's just took the ball Nixon dropped and run amok with it?!  A manipulator like Nixon should have realized this was a mistake...he of all people should have recognized the likely abuses to occur!  Now look where we are!

::bashing::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.