Author Topic: That Warren Buffett Sure Is A Clever (and corrupt) Guy  (Read 3243 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
That Warren Buffett Sure Is A Clever (and corrupt) Guy
« on: November 16, 2011, 11:50:23 PM »
I heard about this on a talk radio program but the fact is that it's old news. The American Thinker blog posted on it over a month ago. Here is a link to the article.

It seems that recently (within the last year) Buffett bought himself a railroad called BNSF. This particular railroad runs north and south, border to border. Why do you suppose he did this?

Well, it seems that there are only two ways to move large amounts of oil inland: By pipeline (if you have one) or by rail.

Now we all know that the Bamster has been staying awake at night, expending a great deal of time and brain power to determine whether or not to allow the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline that would shuttle oil from Canada and North Dakota to the refineries in the south. Last week we found out that the Dingus just couldn't decide what to do. This is the presidential version of voting "present." But it's also a way to not agree to a pipeline...not until after the 2012 election, anyway. After that he can tell us that he has decided that the pipeline is just too darned dangerous to the environment and that he is saying "no." That is, if he gets re-elected.

But in the meantime any oil we get from the region must be sent to the refineries via the BNSF owned now by O'Bama BFF and serial Democrat campaign contributor Warren Buffett. Surprise! Sure is nice to have corrupt friends in the WH.

So...

Buffett gets to make millions (if not billions) transporting oil with his new train set.

O'Bama gets millions in shiny new campaign contributions.

The citizens get to over pay (again) for gas at the pump and as an added bonus see a portion of their fuel dollars go directly to the Democrats.

And they all lived happily ever after.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: That Warren Buffett Sure Is A Clever (and corrupt) Guy
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 02:53:24 AM »
Just wondering ... Does the BNSF right of way follow roughly the route of the proposed pipeline ?

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 03:32:20 AM »
Just looked it up . They operate on over 32,000 miles of track between the Mississippi and the Pacific and the Canadian border and south western states . Primarily they haul coal , wheat and intermodal . They cross the Canadian border at all four western provinces and Ontario in the east . Berkshire's purchase of Burlington Northern Santa Fe has been in the works for around four years but only received final approval from BNSF stockholders last year .

I won't say there isn't a connection here but it's also a stretch to automatically assume one .

Offline Castaway

• Likes the place
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 07:22:22 AM »
He is in it for the money...period.  Look into his Chinese BYD deal and electric vehicles.   ::laserkill::

If the he wants to pay more in taxes keep his mouth shut and stroke a check.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 07:36:18 AM »
No one becomes one of the world's top multi-billionaires through altruism. It takes a total dedication to the profit motive as an absolute iron law, and a "nobody gets in my way" attitude from hell.

It is very easy for a man who has built an unassailable empire to make noise about his personal philosophy of modesty while preaching the extraction of wealth from private citizens by government. Yeah, I know, he lives modestly and gives beaucoup to charity. But doing so is no skin off his ass, and gives him perfect cover from which to launch his anti-capitalist attacks.

He is Michael Moore on steroids. The difference is Buffet has so much money that he can purchase the appearance of grandfatherliness.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 07:50:30 AM »
Just looked it up . They operate on over 32,000 miles of track between the Mississippi and the Pacific and the Canadian border and south western states . Primarily they haul coal , wheat and intermodal . They cross the Canadian border at all four western provinces and Ontario in the east . Berkshire's purchase of Burlington Northern Santa Fe has been in the works for around four years but only received final approval from BNSF stockholders last year .

I won't say there isn't a connection here but it's also a stretch to automatically assume one .

BNSF map -
http://www.bnsf.com/customers/where-can-i-ship/

Buffett is all about crony capitalism and if somebody was privy to conversations between he and Stymie, I think that fact would emerge unvarnished.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 08:06:03 AM »

I tend to agree with you on this one. The Canadians said they were building a pipeline come hell or high water it was just a matter of what direction they were goin in. One direction would bring us oil and the other sold it to the Chinese.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 08:09:42 AM »
On Drudge this morning...

Warren Buffett’s Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC is among U.S. and Canadian railroads that stand to benefit from the Obama administration’s decision to reject TransCanada Corp. (TRP)’s Keystone XL oil pipeline permit.

With modest expansion, railroads can handle all new oil produced in western Canada through 2030, according to an analysis of the Keystone proposal by the U.S. State Department.

“Whatever people bring to us, we’re ready to haul,” Krista York-Wooley, a spokeswoman for Burlington Northern, a unit of Buffett’s Omaha, Nebraska-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK/A), said in an interview. If Keystone XL “doesn’t happen, we’re here to haul.”

LINK

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 08:16:59 AM »
I wonder if any congresscritter will smell this rat and investigate.

Nah, why bother?!

::gaah::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 09:15:52 AM »
But nothing illegal has been done. Merely the normal everyday quid pro quo of crony capitalism. Obongo makes sure that his good buddy Warren gets to run his trains 24/7 between Canada and Texas and Warren makes sure that Obongo's campaign coffers are full.

Nothing to see.

Move along.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 09:36:35 AM »
I wonder if any congresscritter will smell this rat and investigate.

Nah, why bother?!

::gaah::

I don't know about that but his singin' stinks !

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 11:19:47 AM »
While I enjoy a good conspiricy as much as the next person, I don't know how much Buffet will make hauling oil. The Keystone Pipeline would be just one of the many already in existance from Canada to the US.

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »

He was going to make money anyway.
Having a nice lunch with Barry and making
him aware how efficiently he could deliver
the oil and hey, the infrastructure's already
in place.  Hey, what are friend's for?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 02:04:29 PM »
Heheh.

And I just *heard* on the "news" that Mrs. Buffet's secretary will be sitting with The First Mrs. tonight for Duh Wun's SOTU address.

Edited for corrections.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:06:40 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 02:53:51 PM »
Know what kills me? The media is too interested in cheerleading for Obama rather than asking that organ grinder monkey Jay Carney if Buffet's purchase of the railroad has anything to do with his denial of XL.

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »
Know what kills me? The media is too interested in cheerleading for Obama rather than asking that organ grinder monkey Jay Carney if Buffet's purchase of the railroad has anything to do with his denial of XL.

Maybe the Four Canditeers can add that one to the Townhall list of questions the media won't ask.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 03:20:09 PM »

Somewhere up the link it was established that the train's been
in the works for about four years.  Owning the train would motivate
him to seek revenue enhancement.  It's that bunk buddy stuff
that makes the deal stink.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 07:16:48 PM »
Heheh.

And I just *heard* on the "news" that Mrs. Buffet's secretary will be sitting with The First Mrs. tonight for Duh Wun's SOTU address.

Edited for corrections.

They want to put the under paid over taxed victim of an unjust society on display for all to see. ::puke::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 04:40:48 AM »

in place.  Hey, what are friend's for?

Remembering that the Chinese played a major role in building the Transcontinental Railroad , Buffett will be importing 650 million unemployed Chinks to form a bucket brigade between the Canadian border and the refineries on the Gulf Coast .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »

in place.  Hey, what are friend's for?

Remembering that the Chinese played a major role in building the Transcontinental Railroad , Buffett will be importing 650 million unemployed Chinks to form a bucket brigade between the Canadian border and the refineries on the Gulf Coast .

::hysterical::