Author Topic: This is one amazing father and son team!!  (Read 1356 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
This is one amazing father and son team!!
« on: November 17, 2011, 07:51:10 AM »
This will test your faith.

Patrick Henry Hughes
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: This is one amazing father and son team!!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 08:13:24 AM »
Liberals would prefer him to have been slaughtered in the womb. Their justifications would range from "it's saving him from a life of pain and suffering" to " the parents should have a right to choose whether they want to live a life with a disabled child."

They would simultaneously laud this man's commitment to his son, and make excuses for those who do the opposite.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 10:34:31 AM »
So full of love and beauty.

Patrick and his Father brought to mind the legless/armless girl and her Mother who demanded she be allowed on the cheerleading team because, despite her inability to participate in any meaningful way, her exclusion was "unfair".  This came to mind because Patrick was sought out for inclusion in the marching band precisely because he has a gift worth contributing.  Patrick and his Father give; they do not take.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 07:34:55 PM »
Stories like this always touch me right in the heart. People like these give me hope for all of us as a nation.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie