Topics > Sports

Oh jeez, not another one!

(1/1)

Libertas:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/another-syracuse-assist-basketball-coach-put-on-leave-following-allegations-of-child-molestation/

I suppose it was inevitable more stories of moelstation were going to come out...

I really hate these stories!

Pandora:
I shudder to think this will be another of the child-molestation witch-hunts that were rampant in the 80s, but if it is truly needed to clean house, it must be done.

Libertas:
The guilty should be gotten to and punsihed accordingly, but child molestation charges are the lowest of the low and therefore I do pray nobody who is innocent gets drawn into this...it doesn't do anybody any good when that happens.  People better be very certain of their evidence.

Pandora:

--- Quote from: Libertas on November 18, 2011, 02:09:10 PM ---The guilty should be gotten to and punsihed accordingly, but child molestation charges are the lowest of the low and therefore I do pray nobody who is innocent gets drawn into this...it doesn't do anybody any good when that happens.  People better be very certain of their evidence.

--- End quote ---

Yes, just so.  I may have phrased my post poorly; I don't believe a witch-hunt is necessary to get the guilty.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: Pandora on November 18, 2011, 02:36:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Libertas on November 18, 2011, 02:09:10 PM ---The guilty should be gotten to and punished accordingly, but child molestation charges are the lowest of the low and therefore I do pray nobody who is innocent gets drawn into this...it doesn't do anybody any good when that happens.  People better be very certain of their evidence.

--- End quote ---

Yes, just so.  I may have phrased my post poorly; I don't believe a witch-hunt is necessary to get the guilty.

--- End quote ---

True, but there are those cases that crop up from time to time where the only evidence is really young kids who may or may not be influenced by authorities, there needs to be physical evidence and/or an adult witnesses.  In the Penn St case there is at least one witness who doesn't have Dementia that can testify.  In this Syracuse case there is no third party witness and the timeline goes back to the 80's & 90's...hard to gather evidence that far back.  I can think of nothing more damaging than being falsely accused of molesting a child.  Where it can be proven is must be dealt with severely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version