Author Topic: Tebow does it again  (Read 3117 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Tebow does it again
« on: November 18, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-hand-ny-jets-devastating-17-13-loss-95-yard-drive-last-minute-score-article-1.979507

Tebow came to life with everything on the line to hand the Jets a crushing 17-13 loss that puts a cloud over Gang Green’s chances of making the postseason. The lefthanded quarterback engineered a 12-play, 95-yard drive capped by a 20-yard touchdown run with 58 seconds to go to stun the Jets (5-5). Tebow had six rushes for 57 yards on the game-winning drive.

After the score, the religious QB took his sometimes-mocked prayer position on the sidelines. The Jets were not laughing.

Wonder how long he'll continue to get all that hate from the MSM? There's no denying the guy can play regardless of his religion.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Tebow does it again
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 10:12:43 AM »
Winning ugly is still winning...but losing ugly has to sting like a bitch!

He's got SD next, then my hapless Viqueens...

Should be an interesting run. 

If anything the MFM hate makes me like him more!

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 10:14:30 AM »
I don't know why he's being singled out. Perhaps it is because of the pro-life ad during the Super Bowl. But the reality is, overt Christianity has been a HUGE part of NFL locker rooms. Evangelism essentially took over the Minnesota Vikings for several years due to the mentorship of Cris Carter. Tony Dungee and many other coaches are and have been open Christians. There's something about Tebow that the media and the Leftists (I repeat myself) finds threatening.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 10:18:31 AM »
I think the math on this is pretty simple...he wears his belief on his sleeve, that is sheer horror to the Left, only GLBT types, OWSer's, etc can wear their beliefs on their sleeves!  They tell us so over and over and over and over....again!

::gaah::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 10:19:56 AM »
Cris Carter wore his on his sleeve too. So did Reggie White, and many, many others.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 10:41:31 AM »
They've grown a lot less tolerant since then...and it seems to have been amplified during the Bush years and now with Duh Wun in power they Left feels more emboldened to be themselves...

Plus, those two fellas are of a protected race...Tebow is lilly white...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 11:19:58 AM »
When Tebow was at Florida ( my hated rival), he was never ridiculed for his beliefs....matter of fact, I remember he was thought a roll model. A good story.

The difference? We have endured several years of a presidency where the nation has lived thru comments such as "we are not a christian nation".

It's apparant the left is emboldened....if you are the wrong color. I noticed no one jumped on Ray Lewis over his interview a few weeks ago post game on national TV. He invoked the name Jesus several times. Maybe its ok if you have shot someone.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 11:24:51 AM »
When Tebow was at Florida ( my hated rival), he was never ridiculed for his beliefs....matter of fact, I remember he was thought a roll model. A good story.

The difference? We have endured several years of a presidency where the nation has lived thru comments such as "we are not a christian nation".

It's apparant the left is emboldened....if you are the wrong color. I noticed no one jumped on Ray Lewis over his interview a few weeks ago post game on national TV. He invoked the name Jesus several times. Maybe its ok if you have shot someone.

The media made me do it!

::hysterical::

Seriously though, the Left has no soul, they don't need a reason to practice the hate they feel...

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 11:06:02 PM »
http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=7250435&type=story

Another ugly performance by Tim Tebow, another victory. Many of us were laughing when he opened the season as Denver's third-string quarterback, but I can't do it anymore. He's won me over. I am now an unabashed Tebowist. And this is what I believe:

I believe there is nothing wrong with having more points than completions. I am a Tebowist.

I enjoy rooting for someone who was drafted in the final round of my fantasy league as a joke. I am a Tebowist.

I like watching someone whose every success is deemed a one-time fluke by the experts, and I like how this happens week after week after week. I am a Tebowist.

I am intrigued listening to a guy whose postgame comments sound scripted and clichéd, yet sincere and impassioned at the same time. I am a Tebowist.

I believe that sometimes the best way to choose a quarterback is not by making an informed decision based on weeks of performance in practice, but by heeding the advice of a billboard alongside Interstate 25. I am a Tebowist.

I enjoy believing in the goodness of someone simply because so many others believe he is too good to be true. I am a Tebowist.

I think it's hilarious that the hottest team in the AFC West is quarterbacked not by a former No. 4 overall pick and three-time Pro Bowler, and not by a former No. 1 overall pick who was acquired for a first- and second-round pick, and not by someone who supposedly had the secrets of football perfection passed down to him by Tom Brady and Bill Belichick ... but by a guy who many think should be a tight end. I am a Tebowist.

I am fascinated by the idea that "intangibles" and "heart" might actually be real things and not just clichés that desperate announcers resort to using when they're out of things to say. I am a Tebowist.

I don't think it's a tragedy that most of the people reading this have a better throwing motion than a starting NFL quarterback. I am a Tebowist.

I like rooting for someone who has legitimate "haters," all of whom despise him for completely irrational reasons. I am a Tebowist.

I am intrigued by someone who, in an age of technology and communication, decided to communicate his beliefs via eye black. I am a Tebowist.

I sometimes wonder if he makes all those mistakes in the first three quarters because he is setting up some kind of trap for the opposing team. I am a Tebowist.

I think it's funny that Tim Tebow has more wins this season than Michael Vick and more wins over the past month than Tom Brady. I am a Tebowist.

I wonder if Tim Tebow is an Internet troll who grew huge muscles and became a football player and is currently engaged in an epic prank on the NFL and football media. I am a Tebowist.

I think it's amazing that despite playing in eight games this season and starting five, Tim Tebow still doesn't have enough pass attempts to qualify for the list of NFL passer rating leaders. I am a Tebowist.

I think it's hilarious that if Tim Tebow did show up in the list of NFL passer rating leaders, he would be listed ahead of Joe Flacco, Sam Bradford, Josh Freeman and Colt McCoy. I am a Tebowist.

I wonder how many other great college quarterbacks who supposedly were unable to throw or read a defense could currently be leading an NFL team to victories. I am a Tebowist.

I wonder why every other team in the AFC West doesn't scrap their pro style systems, too, because -- hey, why not try something that might work? I am a Tebowist.

I think it's great that someone who has success off the field by doing everything right also has success on the field by doing everything wrong. I am a Tebowist.

I enjoy every shot of John Fox and John Elway at the end of another Tebow win when they look like they don't know whether to laugh or cry. I am a Tebowist.

I believe a jump pass looks textbook if it lands in the arms of the intended receiver in the end zone. I am a Tebowist.

I feel that if Tim Tebow held a quarterback camp, people would only show up to get his autograph. I am a Tebowist.

I wonder if Kyle Orton wishes he had never learned how to throw properly. I am a Tebowist.

I think it's a waste of time to assume Tim Tebow is a hypocrite with skeletons in his closet until he does something to suggest that he is a hypocrite with skeletons in his closet. I am a Tebowist.

I believe in the power of things unseen, but I believe even more in the power of things I can see. Like the scoreboard. I am a Tebowist.

I know that even if Tim Tebow never wins another game in the NFL, he's still won four more than many observers thought he could. I am a Tebowist.

I am confident that Tim Tebow will never look like a good quarterback. And that it might not matter. I am a Tebowist.

I believe that Tim Tebow > memes. I am a Tebowist.

I believe Tim Tebow has whatever "it" is, and that the definition of "it" is "what Tim Tebow has." I am a Tebowist.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 11:39:08 PM »
Okay.  Tebow does almost everything wrong and throws funny and yet he gets the job done; he helps his team win.  Knowing zip, zilch, nada about football, I have to ask, so what's the friggin problem? 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 11:41:43 PM »
Aside from him being a Christian, I guess that is the problem. All the experts say he should be the biggest failure in the game - but he isn't. I find it pretty funny to tell the truth. I hope he keeps making fools of them.  ;)
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 11:47:46 PM »
Aside from him being a Christian, I guess that is the problem. All the experts say he should be the biggest failure in the game - but he isn't. I find it pretty funny to tell the truth. I hope he keeps making fools of them.  ;)

You wrote something in your first post that caught my eye, "There's no denying the guy can play regardless of his religion.

Maybe he plays as he does because of his religion.  God giveth ...........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 11:52:52 PM »
God gave him the talent - so I don't discount your post in the least because you're correct.

I typed what I did previously to illustrate the attitude of the MSM toward Tebow.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 11:54:16 PM »
God gave him the talent - so I don't discount your post in the least because you're correct.

I typed what I did previously to illustrate the attitude of the MSM toward Tebow.

Oh, quite right.  They never seem to see the forest for the trees.  And if, by chance, they see the forest, they're convinced it's an evil right-wing conspiracy.   :D

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 11:58:44 PM »
Yupyup.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »
I’m going to have toss out my red challenge flag here. .... the problem isn’t Tebow’s religiosity but the fact that professional sports are “so filled with clichéd Jesus praise that” fans doubt his sincerity. But I submit that for many who prefer to spend their Sundays watching the exquisite choreography of a perfectly executed screen pass, the problem is Tebow’s self-absorption.

Tebow is free to give “mad respect” to his lord, but I’d rather he do it on his own time. A number of players cross themselves on every play, but they do it discreetly — and expeditiously. Tebow’s prayer timeouts, by contrast, are as gratuitously in-your-face as the most flagrant end zone dance. And they last as long. Yet, according to his supporters, all of footballdom is supposed to give him a pass because his purpose is holy. Isn’t that what churches are for?

Another, subtler, ingredient in the widespread antipathy toward Tebow is that he is an anomaly. His success as an NFL quarterback (he is 4 and 1 since replacing Kyle Orton at the helm of the Broncos offense) doesn’t make sense to diehard football fans. His passing numbers — he has a 45% completion rate — are awful. His team is winning through a combination of razzle-dazzle and offensive schemes that haven’t been used by college, let alone NFL, coaches in two decades.

I am predicting that “this too shall pass” (to cite a proverb that Tebow should appreciate because of its religious roots). Sooner or later all 31 remaining teams in the league will develop defensive strategies to counter Denver’s pre-Knute Rockne offense, and Tebow — and Tebowing — will be gone.

On his own time?

This guy is actually hoping a successful offense against Tebow is devised because he doesn't want him praying "on his time".  What a puke.

Up at Hot Air, no less.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 11:46:25 AM »
How do you spell anti-Christian dick? 

H-o-w-a-r-d

P-o-r-t-n-o-y

::mooning::

Like him or hate him as a player, not a person!

He just beat my Viqueens...we have a secondary that is more like a thirdiary or a fourthiary...

::puke::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 12:21:15 PM »
I tuned in for the second half. It was Vikings up by 1 point. The Vikings scored a touchdown after a big drive. Then the Broncos reset the score to a one point difference in two or three plays. Then the Vikings scored again after a big drive. Then Tebow and company set it back again with another two play drive and a two point conversion. It had to be crushing to the fans to see an eight point lead vanish twice in such a short amount of time.

I don't know how long that Tebow and Denver can keep this going but it is pretty funny watching and listening to the MFM sports people freaking out.

BTW, even though I live in CO I am not a Broncos fan. I am, sadly, invested in supporting the Houston franchise. This means that the only national sports titles that I can point to come from the Houston Rockets (seventeen years back) and the WHL Aeros hockey team from so far back I can't even remember it. The Oilers always sucked, the Texans may or may not be able to pull it off and don't even get me started on the DisAstros.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »
I don't watch pro football but I'm inclined to now just to watch this.

It's always telling to me when someone else's devotion to Jesus compells people like this guy to make a big deal out of it.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »
The group of "men"  ::curtsy4:: who just finalized the Madonna super bowl half time show aren't taking Tebow very well, are they? ::hysterical::