Author Topic: TEA Party shut out of debt commission hearing  (Read 482 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
TEA Party shut out of debt commission hearing
« on: November 18, 2011, 12:43:38 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/18/senate-rules-committee-freezes-out-tea-party-debt-commission-hearing/

FreedomWorks had planned on unveiling its Tea Party Debt Commission recommendations at 2 pm in the Russell Senate Office Building, with Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) sponsoring the event and several other Congressmen slated to attend. Instead, after prior approval, and with essentially no notice given, the Senate Rules Committee, chaired by Chuck Schumer (D-NY), blocked access to the hearing room.

It amazes me that the democrats in every aspect of politics can claim that they are doing the work that benefits the country...and then fail to actually get anything done. Whenever anyone else actually has plans and ideas that are workable and good, they are always shut out of the discussion or so completely maligned as to be discredited before they can do anything substantive. Places like Detroit for example, ruled by democrats for 40-odd years and about to become bankrupt. The democrats keep promising the voters, 'Vote for us and we'll make it better!' yet 40-odd years later and it's way worse. Still, the voters vote for them.

The media is an exceptionally powerful weapon and the media carries the water for leftists. That is exactly how they are able to get away with this kind of thing. It boggles the mind though that people can't seem to see through this crap when it's so utterly obvious.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:52:32 PM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline michelleo

Re: TEA Party shut out of debt commission hearing
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:20:33 PM »
Give me Liberty or Give me Death.