Author Topic: Happy Halal Thanksgiving  (Read 4111 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Happy Halal Thanksgiving
« on: November 21, 2011, 01:39:35 PM »
Did you know that the turkey you're going to enjoy on Thanksgiving Day this Thursday is probably halal? If it's a Butterball turkey, then it certainly is -- whether you like it or not.

In my book Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance, I report at length on the meat industry's halal scandal: its established practice of not separating halal meat from non-halal meat, and not labeling halal meat as such. And back in October 2010, I reported more little-noted but explosive new revelations: that much of the meat in Europe and the United States is being processed as halal without the knowledge of the non-Muslim consumers who buy it.

I discovered that only two plants in the U.S. that perform halal slaughter keep the halal meat separated from the non-halal meat, and they only do so because plant managers thought it was right to do so. At other meat-packing plants, animals are slaughtered following halal requirements, but then only a small bit of the meat is actually labeled halal.

Now here is yet more poisonous fruit of that scandal.

A citizen activist and reader of my website AtlasShrugs.com wrote to Butterball, one of the most popular producers of Thanksgiving turkeys in the United States, asking them if their turkeys were halal. Wendy Howze, a Butterball Consumer Response Representative, responded: "Our whole turkeys are certified halal."

In a little-known strike against freedom, yet again, we are being forced into consuming meat slaughtered by means of a torturous method: Islamic slaughter.

Halal slaughter involves cutting the trachea, the esophagus, and the jugular vein, and letting the blood drain out while saying "Bismillah allahu akbar" -- in the name of Allah the greatest. Many people refuse to eat it on religious grounds. Many Christians, Hindus or Sikhs and Jews find it offensive to eat meat slaughtered according to Islamic ritual (although observant Jews are less likely to be exposed to such meat, because they eat kosher).

Others object because of the cruelty to animals that halal slaughter necessitates. Where are the PETA clowns and the ridiculous celebs who pose naked on giant billboards for PETA and "animal rights"? They would rather see people die of cancer or AIDS than see animals used in drug testing, but torturous and painful Islamic slaughter is OK.

Still others refuse to do so on principle: why should we be forced to conform to Islamic norms? It's Islamic supremacism on the march, yet again.

Non-Muslims in America and Europe don't deserve to have halal turkey forced upon them in this way, without their knowledge or consent. So this Thanksgiving, fight for your freedom. Find a non-halal, non-Butterball turkey to celebrate Thanksgiving this Thursday. And write to Butterball and request, politely but firmly, that they stop selling only halal turkeys, and make non-halal turkeys available to Americans who still value our freedoms.

Stephanie Styons at Butterball Corporate sstyons@merrellgroup.com is the contact for those who want to let the company know their feelings about stealth halal turkeys. Also here is the Butterball website for plant locations, which lists whole turkeys as being produced at their North Carolina and Arkansas plants.

I buy a fresh-killed turkey every year from Whole Foods.  Yes, it's a lot more expensive, but it's not frozen.  Their trucks drive to the turkey farms in Pennsylvania on the Monday before Thanksgiving (that's today) for pick-up.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Re: Happy Halal Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »
I raise my own in my backyard.  ::thumbsup::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 02:01:28 PM »
You do NOT!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 02:09:48 PM »
I raise my own in my backyard.  ::thumbsup::

Dang, too late for next day shipping?!

::facepalm::

Do NOT want halal!!!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 02:31:28 PM »
I thought it might be fun so I went to the PETA site and agitated about this. It turns out that PETA already has Butterball in their sights for other (worse) cruelty allegations. Maybe next I should go to Butterball to fan the flames...  ::pokeineye::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »
Oooohhhh....stiring up trouble eh, 'Soup?!

::evil::

::cool::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 02:40:38 PM »
You do NOT!

I most certainly do.  ;D

Narragansetts sometimes and Bourbon Reds depending upon what tickles our fancy when we order them.  They are mighty tasty let me tell ya!

We used to raise enough to sell and we did that for a while till government got in the way. That's a long story. Anyway, we just raise a couple now for personnel use instead of a couple dozen.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 02:48:22 PM »
I don't doubt the gubmint made it hard!  If they crack down on little Susie lemonade stand, your operation had no chance!

But good on you for raising your own!

::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 03:37:49 PM »
You do NOT!

I most certainly do.  ;D

Narragansetts sometimes and Bourbon Reds depending upon what tickles our fancy when we order them.  They are mighty tasty let me tell ya!

We used to raise enough to sell and we did that for a while till government got in the way. That's a long story. Anyway, we just raise a couple now for personnel use instead of a couple dozen.

Well good for you!  I'll bet they are very good and you enjoy this year's.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 05:30:10 PM »
I don't doubt the gubmint made it hard!

They did indeed. In our initial research we were told by the state government that as long as we had less than 1,000 birds that we could butcher and sell them on our own property as a small business with no real requirements by the state. So my Wife and I formed an LLC and went into the turkey business. We started small, just 35 birds and we got a couple dozen chicken for personnel use and eggs to sell and for personnel use also.

We sold each one of those birds (minus the couple we kept for ourselves) for $60.00 each as organic, free-range birds. The next year we got the same number and did the same thing. Then we placed our order for the 3rd year for the same number of birds. A month later we went to a seminar about small farms and poultry put on by the University of Florida's IFAS extension office and we learned that what the State had originally told us was completely false and we were operating illegally.

We looked into it and found that, if the State ever wanted to 'go after' us, they could take the house, property, and every piece of equipment we used in support of our small business (including the vehicle I was using to deliver the birds to the customers). We immediately stopped what we were doing. Further research, this time through IFAS (since the State didn't seem to know their own rules), we discovered why we were illegal. According to the rules we effectively needed to have a USDA approved slaughter facility ON OUR PROPERTY in order to be legal. This would entail at a bare minimum $50K to have such a facility built to Federal government specifications - and that's a low end estimate on my part - the real figure is very likely much higher.

That information was incredibly difficult to find. We had gone to three different licensing agencies and had called the Florida Department of Agriculture in Tallahassee when we were first doing our research and all of them gave use the same false info. Not until some university assistant professors putting on a workshop were we finally able to find out the real laws governing our enterprise, much to our amazement.

At least we found out before we had sunk any more cash into the enterprise...and at least we didn't get audited by the State. But still, it almost seemed like we were given false information on purpose so that the State could later swoop in and essentially ruin us.  It was a really eye-opening experience for me and the corrupt way in which government operates.  

Anyway, that was two years ago now, that we stopped selling our birds and eggs.

P.S.: Before you get to wondering, yeah I thought it was odd that they were telling me I didn't need any special permits or requirements. But I personally went in to three different licensing agencies and sat down with representatives, pointed out exactly what I was looking to do and got the same answer from all three. That's not counting the phone call to FLDoA in Tallahassee where I was told the same thing yet again. Even after all of that my Wife and I were skeptical but we figured they should know their own rules. Aside from that we even had an information packet from one of those agencies (can't remember which one it was now) that said the same thing in print. As surprised as we were we figured they must be right since they were all saying the same thing.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:42:17 PM by BMG »
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 05:03:39 AM »
"Kosher" is done in much the same manner . To me turkey is turkey . PETA has a new poster out for Thanksgiving showing a dog with turkey feathers and equating eating turkey with eating the family dog . I suppose in Korea they equate eating the family dog with eating turkey . Yum !

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 07:04:18 AM »
When I was a kid I worked in a kosher meatpacking plant, and it ain't pretty either, as sectionhand suggests. As far as I know, their meat was widely distributed, regardless of religious affiliation.

Does it gall me that food I eat has had "allahu akbar" said over it as it is slaughtered? Yeah, it does. But I have to ask myself why. All Butterball is doing is processing their meat so that the widest possible customer base can be served. To me, a dead turkey is a dead turkey, and allah is less significant to me than a dead turkey. Turkeys are real; allah is pretend. Turkey tastes the same. And honestly, I assume that the meat I eat has not been treated like a pet, and likely has been raised and killed under conditions of which I would rather not ponder. Remember: I worked in a meatpacking plant.

My real problem is with islam and muslims, not a company that's trying to sell a few thousand extra turkeys a year by making sure they have their bases covered. The process they would have to go to in order to have separate slaughtering practices and making sure to keep meat separated according to religious requirements would be onerous, and not cost effective. I don't wish to place that burden on them.

NOW... if someone were to tell me that they are a muslim owned company, and their profits go back to Yemen or some such thing, then everything I said above is moot.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 11:29:40 AM »
I cannot tell you how many times I've heard similar stories from other people & other industries BMG...IRS, MN Dept of Rev, AG's office, Labor Dept...depending who you talk to you can get conflicting answers...their incompetence makes it mandatory to seek out professional financial consultants, tax attorney's and small business consultants.  The biggest issue I had with small businesses when I was consulting was navigating the myriad of regulations and regulators and training owners up on what they need to do, why and when.

As for Butterball & halal, I suppose in practice you are right IDP, but I still gave my brother grief after I warned him about this...he told me I was a day late on his purchase of a Butterball...we'll say a Christian prayer over the beast and bless it in the name of Our Lord and Savior, so I think we'll be OK...but in principle I have to seriously ask how many Muzzies eat Turkey, certainly there are a lot more Christian's than Muzzie's...seems to me there would be a big market for Turkey's blessed in the name of Christ than Allah!  I suspect this will be the last year my clan consumes a Butterball.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »

the Radio pointed out today that it could be considered
idolatry; eating a bird prayed over by a mm, a mus, an Islamist.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 04:29:08 PM »
"Kosher" is done in much the same manner . To me turkey is turkey . PETA has a new poster out for Thanksgiving showing a dog with turkey feathers and equating eating turkey with eating the family dog . I suppose in Korea they equate eating the family dog with eating turkey . Yum !

Yes, Kosher is done in much the same way.  I don't have a problem with that.  I DO have a problem eating anything that has "allah's blessing" over it, and that's as much as I'll ever need to keep not-buying Butterball.  To each his own, though, I figure.

Sort of OT:  local farmer's market vendor last year was selling home-raised beef that had been slaughtered by a firm calling itself HALAL; dopey woman tried to tell me it was just the name, didn't mean anything.  I advised her she was wrong and told her how the animals were processed.  She switched packers.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 09:51:31 PM »
Another slightly OT story...

Went to a turkey farm for a field trip back in middle school.  Noisy buggers!  Any loud noise and they go off.  Remember a kid on the farm who got a kick belching the critters for the city folk...would pick a bird up, place it against his chest and push in like a Heimlich maneuver and make the sucker belch.  Went on to a processing plant, the guy who had the job of unloading the doomed creatures got to hang em upside down on a conveyor contraption by their feet, and the next guy got to slit their throats...then on into the dressing and cutting tables.  Pretty much disabused the notion that food just came from the grocery store, doubt schools would do that now, candypants that they are, probably would be good for kids of today to learn.  Oh well.

The things we remember from our youth...

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 04:53:07 AM »
I don't know about the rest of you but at our house we're having "Generalissimo Chiang Kai Shek Turkey" ...done to a turn with a flamethrower and force-marched to the table .

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 10:22:25 AM »
Nice SH!

But, is it Americanised Generalissimo Chiang Kai Shek Turkey? Or is the authentic? It's only authentic if the turkey was still alive before you broke out the flamethrower!
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 10:23:16 AM »
You're killin' me!

::hysterical::

But I likes it!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 07:10:19 PM »
OH for Petes sake!! Turkey,chickens and ducks all got the same way!!Hung by their feet and down a conveyor till the meet the blades they're must be a blanket Allah whatever the hell they say cause this stuff happens at warp speed. The throats are cut by machine and the birds hang to bleed them out.

If you ever got a bird that wasn't bled out you would go screaming back to the store to return it the second you opened the bag. Hall my hallass.If anybody is getting their chain yanked it's the Muslims.

Every animal killed for human consumption is bled out bar none.

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie