Author Topic: The Law vs Common Sense  (Read 1576 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
The Law vs Common Sense
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:16:06 AM »
Aside from the justifiable debate over the sheer number of idiotic laws that we have in this country right now, we must also examine the opposite end of the spectrum where we have people that use absolutely ZERO common sense when applying the good and basic laws that we do have. So in the spirit of that examination, I present a few stories I found today staring out at me from my browser.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/cops-called-for-school-kiss-657831

A sheriff’s deputy was dispatched last week to a Florida elementary school after a girl kissed a boy during a physical education class.

So here we have a prime example of some freaking MORON calling the police and completely wasting the valuable time of an officer on absolutely nothing. Did the girl in question throw the boy down and sexually assault him? Did she somehow hurt the boy or otherwise threaten him? No...yet the school felt it necessary to call the police. So what did the kids in question learn from this incident? I guess I don't know, but I suspect they learned to be afraid of authority and that kissing is bad. I'm not all that sure that that was a worthwhile lesson or expenditure of taxpayer money.

Then we have this:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/tsa-agents-think-they-are-above-the-law.html

Yet another example of a TSA agent engaging in rampant criminality and believing themselves to be above the law emerged yesterday, when 52-year-old TSA worker Harold Glen Rodman allegedly approached a woman in full uniform before flashing his badge and proceeding to brutally rape and sodomize her

...which appears to have been a very apt application of the laws of the country. This guy is a menace to society and belongs behind bars (or worse). His behavior however, was enabled by a government that fails to apply the laws of this country evenly. I mean that 'officials' are allowed to do things that normal people would be severely punished for doing...groping children for example. Not just of a sexual nature, but in ALL aspects of our lives these days...most notably financially speaking. Though I really have no indication that this guy's actions were as a result of him being allowed to get away with 'groping' at the airport, I can certainly see where that could have been part of the reason why he decided to do this. Aside from that, such groping abuses are documented and are common-place amongst the ranks of the TSA.

I have to wonder what his sentence will be if he is found to be guilty? On average a sexual assault nets the perpetrator about 5 years incarceration. Granted, that is an average figure and the guy in this story, if indeed he did this, also involved other, more dangerous aspects to his crime; abduction for example and using a position of power (badge & uniform). Those things are likely to net him a far greater penalty...I suspect somewhere around 20-30 years. I doubt he'll get life for it, though I suppose that is a possibility.

20-30 years for abducting, raping and sodomizing a woman. Yup, a woman, also known as a human being.

And then I read this last story and am suddenly transported into the theater of the absurd where I am an unwilling spectator...

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2011/11/21/virginia-woman-faces-50-years-behind-bars-for-decapitating-piglet/

A Portsmouth woman faces up to 50 years in prison after pleading guilty to beheading her boyfriend’s piglet.

We are living in some kind of bizzarro world created by design (by an evil collection of progressive politicians) to turn civilization on it's head and they are succeeding. The rape case above is horrendous. This case here, is sick. But it was done to an animal and we slaughter animals every day to eat them. I simply can not see applying a 50 year jail sentence to someone for this...while the guy in the previous story is likely to only get 20-30 years in prison for his crime.

Someone in the 'comments' section of the pig story summed it up pretty well so I'll cut and paste their words here:

Reality Check

When a society treats it’s pigs better than it’s babies – you know it is nearing it’s end.

The republic known as the United States of America had a nice run while it lasted, but the Illegal aliens and the Muslims will be taking over shortly.

America will be under new management.

November 22, 2011 at 4:47 am
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: The Law vs Common Sense
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »
citizens = criminals

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »
Proglodyte goverment is tyrannical government...and tyrannical government never lasts...best to end it, there is no mending it...

::guillotine::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 01:44:47 AM »
I remember one day in second grade kissing a girl in the cloakroom . I think I was under the influence of Errol Flynn or something . As I recall she had blonde hair , blue eyes and wore tights which were baggy at the knees . Be that as it may , I threw caution to the wind , whirled her around and laid a big lip-lock on her . Those blue eyes got big as saucers and she started to cry . Our teacher , Miss McKinney , quickly appeared to find out what was wrong and my little enamorata spilled the beans . I was sternly admonished and that was it . I learned at that point to confine myself to more willing partners in the future . I guess that was the harbinger of things to come ... I found that the third grade was FULL of loose women !

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 01:49:42 AM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 06:47:33 AM »
I remember one day in second grade kissing a girl in the cloakroom . I think I was under the influence of Errol Flynn or something . As I recall she had blonde hair , blue eyes and wore tights which were baggy at the knees . Be that as it may , I threw caution to the wind , whirled her around and laid a big lip-lock on her . Those blue eyes got big as saucers and she started to cry . Our teacher , Miss McKinney , quickly appeared to find out what was wrong and my little enamorata spilled the beans . I was sternly admonished and that was it . I learned at that point to confine myself to more willing partners in the future . I guess that was the harbinger of things to come ... I found that the third grade was FULL of loose women !

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.