Author Topic: "Interior Department spanked yet again"  (Read 2869 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Interior Department spanked yet again"
« on: February 20, 2011, 04:50:26 PM »
Thursday, Judge Feldman got out his paddle and whacked Team Obama again over permitting decision delays:

A federal judge in New Orleans ordered the Obama administration to decide within 30 days whether to grant a set of five permits for deep-water drilling projects in the Gulf of Mexico, saying the administration's inaction on the requests is "increasingly inexcusable."

The action by Judge Martin Feldman of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana marks an extraordinary turn in the legal battle between the oil industry and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar over how quickly offshore drilling should be allowed to resume following last year's oil spill involving BP that killed 11 workers and which ranks as the worst such spill in U.S. history.

The judge's ruling comes as Republicans in Congress are increasing pressure on the Obama administration to allow more drilling. It also comes just weeks after the same judge accused the Obama administration of "determined disregard" of his order last June overturning a ban on offshore oil and gas drilling that the administration imposed shortly after the BP spill.

In his latest decision, issued Thursday, Judge Feldman ordered the Interior Department to decide within 30 days whether to approve five permit applications sought by London-based Ensco and submitted to the department as long ago as last April.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: "Interior Department spanked yet again"
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 05:29:34 PM »
Oh this is no big deal. Everyone who loses their job because of this can find work in the Green Energy sector!

Seahawk Drilling Inc. said it has filed for bankruptcy protection and plans to sell its fleet of offshore drilling rigs to a competitor for $105 million.

Seahawk, which announced the deal with Hercules Offshore Inc. Friday, has been hurt by a slowdown in Gulf of Mexico drilling after the BP oil spill last April. The government halted drilling in deep waters and imposed tough new rules that have curtained all energy exploration in U.S. waters.
It's unclear what will happen to the company's 494 employees, spokesman Thomas Becker said.

This a-hole is deliberately weakening America.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2011/02/seahawk-drillin.html
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:28:31 PM »

It's unclear what will happen to the company's 494 employees, spokesman Thomas Becker said.

According to Nancy Pelosi the economy has just grown by 494 new government expansionists.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 08:34:44 PM »

According to Nancy Pelosi the economy has just grown by 494 new government expansionists.

Yup. Unemployment compensation is the best way to grow the economy. She actually f**king said it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 10:56:51 PM »
Yeah she even went on to say something like "Economists will tell you that every dollar of unemployment benefit grows the economy by $1.78". Actually I'm not surprised at all if The Regime's economists say that. Just not the ones who know how the real world works.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »
Bleeping Keynesians!

But, one thing it illustrates is, it is possible to train a weak-minded fool to walk backwards on their hands and talk out their arse!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 01:02:03 PM »

Yup. Unemployment compensation is the best way to grow the economy. She actually f**king said it.

You'd think nancy and company would encourage everyone to quit their jobs, collect unemployment and save the nation.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 01:19:02 PM »

You'd think nancy and company would encourage everyone to quit their jobs, collect unemployment and save the nation.

Isn't that the idea behind "Cloward and Piven"?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 04:06:26 PM »

I'd love to, but the teen-age boys at the house are fond of eating......I mean REALLY eating.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson