Author Topic: 'Lyin' Ass Bitch'  (Read 3040 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
'Lyin' Ass Bitch'
« on: November 22, 2011, 12:39:18 PM »
http://www.spin.com/articles/roots-welcome-michele-bachmann-fallon-lyin-ass-bitch

The Roots have famously underscored a few choice Late Night With Jimmy Fallon guest appearances with clever walk-on music. When Ashlee Simpson appeared on the show, they played Milli Vanilli's "Girl You Know It's True." "What made this classic was the fact we did the VH1 Behind the Music version of the song in which Vanilli explained that the broken loop kept going "Girl, you know it's ... girl, you know it's ..." when they got busted for lip-synching in concert — and that is how we did it verbatim," ?uestlove once told Rolling Stone. Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt strode onstage to the sounds of Beck's "Loser" ("They were none the wiser," ?uest chuckled). And last night they added a gem to their repertoire, welcoming Republican rep Michele Bachmann with Fisbone's "Lyin' Ass Bitch." She, too, was none the wiser.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: 'Lyin' Ass Bitch'
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 12:40:44 PM »
I don't know why any GOP candidate would subject themselves to being examined through the Leftist pop culture lens. It makes no sense.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 12:50:25 PM »
I guess I understand why they do it...to get their name recognition up and out there. But they step in a steaming pile of excrement every time they do. You'd think that they would stop doing it and only go on impartial shows or friendly shows.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »

They're all whor junkies and will do anything for a vote.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 12:58:20 PM »
Maybe they see the likes of Bill O'Reilly going on the view and pummeling the by-otchs to the mat and thinking that they can, too.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 10:12:20 PM »
It would be nice if they could turn the tables, change the game, but alas accepting thier venues is the first mistake.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 01:16:57 AM »
A candidate appearing on one of those shows is like stepping in sh*t and shooting yourself in the foot at the same time .  ::gaah::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/11/23/bachmann_on_nbc_playing_song_calling_her_a_bitch_michelle_obama_wouldnt_have_to_tolerate_this.html

"Late Night" host Jimmy Fallon apologized to presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) after his show's house band played a song called "Lyin' Bitch" when she appeared on the program earlier this week.

Bachmann accepted the apology, however she believes that if this happened to Michelle Obama the band would have been disciplined or even fired.

“If that had been Michelle Obama, who’d come out on the stage, and if that song had been played for Michelle Obama, I have no doubt that NBC would have apologized to her and likely they would have fired the drummer, or at least suspended him.”
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 03:44:11 PM »
The Left really has some nerve these days; not even trying to hide it anymore, are they.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 03:50:27 PM »
No, they aren't. Way back when I first started voting I was trying to decide what the difference was between Rs and Ds...and I was listening to Clinton's "depends upon what the definition of "is" is' speech. That made up my mind for me. I figured if a political party was that nefarious and underhanded then they were the wrong party for me.

This is another fine example of that same sort of thing (just one example too since we see this sort of thing on a daily basis). I have to wonder how many people are seeing this and wondering if they should be voting for such corruption.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 04:58:37 PM »
No, they aren't. Way back when I first started voting I was trying to decide what the difference was between Rs and Ds...and I was listening to Clinton's "depends upon what the definition of "is" is' speech. That made up my mind for me. I figured if a political party was that nefarious and underhanded then they were the wrong party for me.

This is another fine example of that same sort of thing (just one example too since we see this sort of thing on a daily basis). I have to wonder how many people are seeing this and wondering if they should be voting for such corruption.

And this brings me full circle to why I really don't care to associate with dems. If you are so blind and so uninterested....I don't need you as a friend.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »

And this brings me full circle to why I really don't care to associate with dems. If you are so blind and so uninterested....I don't need you as a friend.

I just dumped the next door neighbor.Enough of biting my tongue!!The more polite I was the more he shot his mouth off figuring that I was going to take his crap for ever. Well he pushed the right button and he got left with his mouth wide open.He got the dressing down he's had coming for years. Screw him and the horse he rode in on and the mother that bore him. ::gaah::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 07:12:51 PM »
Next time he needs something, he'll be back .... with amnesia.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »

That may be but the problem with that line of thinking is that "SICILIANS NEVER FORGET A GRUDGE"!
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »

That may be but the problem with that line of thinking is that "SICILIANS NEVER FORGET A GRUDGE"!

Yeah, well, that can be applied to other Italian-types (::waving::) and to the population in general sometimes.  And I suspect you won't turn him away .... but you will make him pay.   ::thumbsup::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 07:39:11 PM »

Yeah, well, that can be applied to other Italian-types (::waving::) and to the population in general sometimes.  And I suspect you won't turn him away .... but you will make him pay.   ::thumbsup::

The wife won't let me and he will pay in spades i'm done holding my tongue.
 Filippo Mazzie

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 03:56:57 PM »
I don't know why any GOP candidate would subject themselves to being examined through the Leftist pop culture lens. It makes no sense.

All presidential candiates go on all the late shows. Even Nixon went on Johnny Carson.
To be fair, Fallon was not rude to her, it was that lowlife vermin musician who pulled that crap.

These hosts WANT these candidates on their shows so it would make no sense for them to diss them. And generally speaking, audiences are never rude either, as surprising as that is.

Hermain Cain was on recently Jimmy Kimmel and it was heeeelarious.