Author Topic: Sailor Awarded Bronze Star  (Read 2608 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Sailor Awarded Bronze Star
« on: March 08, 2011, 05:55:21 AM »
MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C., March 4, 2011 – A Navy corpsman didn’t expect hundreds of Marines clad in camouflage utilities to fill an entire field house just for him –- but they did.

Navy Seaman Matthew A. Dishmon, a corpsman with 3rd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, received the Bronze Star medal with combat distinguishing device during a Feb. 25 ceremony here. Dishmon was honored for saving the life of a Marine last year during combat in Marjah, Afghanistan.

“I couldn’t believe all those people were there and I didn’t know [until now] how big of a deal it really was,” Dishmon said about his award ceremony. “I felt like I was just doing my job.”

Dishmon’s unit was ambushed while on patrol. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Matthew T. Earle, an assault gunner, was shot before he could seek cover. Dishmon exposed himself to enemy machine gun fire to move Earle away from danger and treat his wounds.

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=63030

My Marine son's best friend, a Navy Corpsman, was kia in Afghanistan doing what Seaman Dishmon was doing, "looking out for his men."

God Bless Mark Cannon. If y'all can, drop a few in the scholarship bucket in Mark's memory. He was a man among men.
http://www.webpages.ttu.edu/rpiercy/
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Sailor Awarded Bronze Star
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 06:44:15 AM »
Great story and great links Big Al!   ::thumbsup::

Navy corpsman have a long and rich tradition, courage and dedication under fire being a common trait.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
Re: Sailor Awarded Bronze Star
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 06:50:44 PM »
God Bless the Navy corpsman's they save are asses more than people know!
Just think Antibiotics and nobody knows!!!!!!!!! ::newyear::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow