Author Topic: Solar  (Read 3605 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Solar
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »
I found this for Libirtas to ponder on:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200328565_200328565&issearch=167987

This was in the automotive section.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 07:06:06 PM »
Just remember, folks. You're going to need some serious charging for your batteries drained after a long night. Nights and cloudy days can reek havoc on solar charged batteries.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 09:00:38 PM »
Just remember, folks. You're going to need some serious charging for your batteries drained after a long night. Nights and cloudy days can reek havoc on solar charged batteries.

No doubt this is just a jump off point for discussion sake.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 11:36:24 AM »
Thanks JF, one more thing to consider.  Charging 4 batteries at once is pretty good.  We get weather up here, but I don't think we're so socked in to where we threaten Seattle for cloudiest spot on earth.  4 batteries at least gives an opportunity to stretch out usable power.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 11:38:17 AM »
Gunsmith tells me that there are different kinds of "solar" panels; some don't require sun, just light.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:47 PM »
Thanks JF, one more thing to consider.  Charging 4 batteries at once is pretty good.  We get weather up here, but I don't think we're so socked in to where we threaten Seattle for cloudiest spot on earth.  4 batteries at least gives an opportunity to stretch out usable power.

Having no idea how long it takes to charge or how long they will last depending on what you use them for then you may even need more than four.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 01:39:32 PM »
I'm gonna have to work up multiple options, then drag my brother & BIL out to NT and inspect stuff in person, then figure out which way to go.  Thanks for all your help! 

::thumbsup::

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 04:09:25 PM »
People started asking me what I wanted for Christmas... after I got that blank stare when I told them Ammo and started to list off calibers..... I had to get more creative...

Goal Zero Nomad 7 Flexible Solar Panel

Nomad 7 Watt Flexible Solar Panel
Designed for the rugged outdoors and built to last the Nomad 7 Watt Flexible Solar Panel is an adventurer's dream tool. It is completely weather proof, so you can use it anywhere, in any weather conditions. Utilizing the latest in flexible solar panel technology: monocrystalline solar panel technology, which provides the most power per square inch. The Nomad 7 Watt flexible solar panel can charge up all of your 12v devices quickly with the included 12v cigarette adapter. The Nomad even has a built in USB charging port, to quickly charge up all of your USB devices (Iphones,Ipods, Smartphones.) It even has a bult in pocket for your devices and chargers. It features super strong and flexible nylon hooks on all corners to ensure you can firmly secure it, where ever you need to. This foldable solar panel even folds up and fits into the included foldable fabric carrying case to insure it doesn't take up valuable space in your backpack. On your outdoor journeys, feel safe in the knowledge that you have portable power, where ever the trail leads you.

•    Built in USB charging port - Compatible with most of your USB devices
•    Compact and foldable, only weighs 12 ounces and is 30% smaller than comparable solar panels.
•    Weather Proof design, can be used in any weather conditions safely.
•    Ultra strong nylon loops to insure you can firmly attach it to virtually anything.
•    Built in pocket, to store your devices and charging plugs.
•    1 Year limited manufacturer warranty

--------------------------

Wicked nice !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 06:59:41 PM »
Here's the link, man, they got all sorts of stuff!

http://www.earthtechproducts.com/nomad-7-watt-flexible-solar-panel.html