Author Topic: Family Home Destroyed by FLOUR - children to blame  (Read 2136 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Family Home Destroyed by FLOUR - children to blame
« on: November 23, 2011, 12:11:06 AM »
FAMILY HOME DESTROYED BY AVALANCHE - CHILDREN TO BLAME

Mommy was not feeling well and had to stay in the bathroom longer than usual during which my two boys, ages 1 and 3 took my new bag of flour out of the cupboard and destroyed my house. This is from ONE 5lb bag. Don't believe me? Hand a full bag to a 3 year old and see what happens.

Yeah?  I'm not handing a 5 lb. bag of flour to a kid "and see what happens" anytime in this life.  This "mother" had no idea how to handle her brats wasting the main ingredient of the staff of life, but, I can tell you, I would.  "What's the matter, Mommy?"  They'd find out in short order, what the f**king matter was.

Some day, and mayhap coming soon, that 5 lbs. of flour would be the difference between life and starving and her great-grandparents not only knew that but not would be as amused, tolerant and indulgent as the reactions I've seen so far --  "vacuum it up, problem solved; what's the big deal".

I'm thoroughly disgusted by people's indulgent reactions to the profligate waste and mess here.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Family Home Destroyed by FLOUR - children to blame
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 02:20:21 AM »
Ha! In my house that flour would not have been the difference between life and starving
it would have been life and painful death.  Mommy wouldn't have said 'Oh,
my gosh' one time.  You know?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 02:26:59 AM »
Ha! In my house that flour would not have been the difference between life and starving
it would have been life and painful death.  Mommy wouldn't have said 'Oh,
my gosh' one time.  You know?

I DO know.  Which is what pisses me off about any other reaction.  Fer crissake, people!  Teach your children well!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 12:25:17 PM »
Go to your room and I'll BE THERE IN A MINUTE! 
And let the B..............begin! ::beertoast::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 02:42:08 PM »
I can tell you I wouldn't have wasted time filming it!

My oldest was 18 months old when she scribbled in crayon on the wall once--nothing more than a few short lines.  I made her clean it and she balled all the way through the cleanup.  And never did it again. 

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 02:56:36 PM »
I can't remember where I remember this from, but I recall a story told by an old woman who was a little girl during the depression. It wasn't a discredited viral email - I saw the woman either on TV or the Internet.  Anyhoo, she told this story...

When she was old enough to walk to the store by herself, her mother gave her a few pennies to go fetch one doughnut for her and her siblings. On the walk back home, the temptation to taste it overtook her, and she took a bite... which led to her eating the entire doughnut.

She returned home and confessed to her mother, and her mother began weeping. The doughnut was to be divided as the day's food for all the children. The woman telling the story said that this was her earliest recollection of the economic realities of the depression - her mother weeping over an eaten doughnut that her other children would not have.

I suspect that whether it manifest in weeping or outrage, many people are going to be getting a reality check in regards to wanton wastefulness.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 04:52:52 PM »
  What a moron she's got to be!!Oh my gosh,oh my gosh my ass!!Grab the kid and not the effing camera. Got to my room? I would have been lucky to make it out of range befor all hell broke out all over my body!!

Today my mother would be doing 30 to life.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »
I can't remember where I remember this from, but I recall a story told by an old woman who was a little girl during the depression. It wasn't a discredited viral email - I saw the woman either on TV or the Internet.  Anyhoo, she told this story...

When she was old enough to walk to the store by herself, her mother gave her a few pennies to go fetch one doughnut for her and her siblings. On the walk back home, the temptation to taste it overtook her, and she took a bite... which led to her eating the entire doughnut.

She returned home and confessed to her mother, and her mother began weeping. The doughnut was to be divided as the day's food for all the children. The woman telling the story said that this was her earliest recollection of the economic realities of the depression - her mother weeping over an eaten doughnut that her other children would not have.

I suspect that whether it manifest in weeping or outrage, many people are going to be getting a reality check in regards to wanton wastefulness.

The TV ads showing cute little kids spilling a lot of milk, and/or the kid and the Dad play a game to see where the spill will go before wiping it up -- I hate them.  All I can think of is the WASTE and the mess (although I know it's probably not really milk; it's television); still, I think children watch this stuff and form opinions thoroughly unattached to reality.

(And unconcernedly tracking mud in the house; jumping on the furniture and beds with their shoes on ... grrrr.) I have become a crabby old btch, I think.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 07:28:03 PM »

When she was old enough to walk to the store by herself, her mother gave her a few pennies to go fetch one doughnut for her and her siblings. On the walk back home, the temptation to taste it overtook her, and she took a  ::oldman::bite... which led to her eating the entire doughnut.

The TV ads showing cute little kids spilling a lot of milk, and/or the kid and the Dad play a game to see where the spill will go before wiping it up -- I hate them.  All I can think of is the WASTE and the mess (although I know it's probably not really milk; it's television); still, I think children watch this stuff and form opinions thoroughly unattached to reality.

(And unconcernedly tracking mud in the house; jumping on the furniture and beds with their shoes on ... grrrr.) I have become a crabby old btch, I think.

If you think anybody is touching that line you've also lost your mind.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 07:32:55 PM »
Wewax, wabbit; I don't expect a defense or an argument.  It is what it is.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 08:37:54 PM »

When my oldest was a toddler I invited 2 moms over and their toddlers.  I went to the bathroom and when I came out I found they had put their kids into my daughter's crib with their shoes ON! The kids were bouncing and giggling and the moms thought they were so cute.  I was horrified. I never invited them again. 

As for tracking mud--around here where I live people ask you to take your shoes off when you enter their homes and not when it's muddy.  That's been a hard one for me to get over. That just seems odd to me to ask guests to remove their shoes. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 09:04:06 PM »

When my oldest was a toddler I invited 2 moms over and their toddlers.  I went to the bathroom and when I came out I found they had put their kids into my daughter's crib with their shoes ON! The kids were bouncing and giggling and the moms thought they were so cute.  I was horrified. I never invited them again. 

As for tracking mud--around here where I live people ask you to take your shoes off when you enter their homes and not when it's muddy.  That's been a hard one for me to get over. That just seems odd to me to ask guests to remove their shoes. 

After $1500 and a month's worth of install, done by us, for the hardwood dining room/kitchen floor, and the pre-existing wall-to-wall, I ask. I request nothing of my guests -- not that we have a surfeit, either -- that we don't do ourselves.  The orange-clay soil around here is horrible; it stains; track it on the carpet, you'll never get the color out, and I don't want the grit on the floor.

We keep "house shoes" for our friends -- it's a reasonable exchange, I figure, and I'll not apologize even when I feel a bit .....  anal-retentive.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 10:57:38 PM »

After $1500 and a month's worth of install, done by us, for the hardwood dining room/kitchen floor, and the pre-existing wall-to-wall, I ask. I request nothing of my guests -- not that we have a surfeit, either -- that we don't do ourselves.  The orange-clay soil around here is horrible; it stains; track it on the carpet, you'll never get the color out, and I don't want the grit on the floor.

We keep "house shoes" for our friends -- it's a reasonable exchange, I figure, and I'll not apologize even when I feel a bit .....  anal-retentive.

There's always exceptions.  But we don't have that around where we live.  I've lived a lot of different places and never experienced until about 20 years ago.  Maybe it's common all over now idk.  We're not out in the country tracking dirt and mud every where we go.  We live in suburbia where most people get to their car via an attached garage and maybe walk a few feet to your front door on a paved driveway/sidewalk.

Of course, as a guest I'd removed my shoes if they were wet, muddy or otherwise dirty without even asking.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 02:01:49 AM »
Well, there ya go.  We're very rural 'round here and despite our best efforts at keeping the walkways and such cleared, dirt happens.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 05:35:02 AM »
Throw in a little yeast and watch the house rise .

Offline michelleo

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 09:34:13 AM »
I can't help but think this video is staged.  The flour is distributed a little too perfectly. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 11:05:36 AM »
Y'all don't want to know how I beldeviled my mother as a youngster.  I was, umm, a handful.  When I was quiet it was time to worry.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 08:43:49 PM »
I can't help but think this video is staged.  The flour is distributed a little too perfectly. 

Winner winner chicken dinner.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 08:35:12 AM »
Well, there ya go.  We're very rural 'round here and despite our best efforts at keeping the walkways and such cleared, dirt happens.

And cut grass, and leaves, and................

Sweeping the floor is an activity we are forced to do at least once per day.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson