Author Topic: NC Gov. Bev Perdue: Going Down?  (Read 2617 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
NC Gov. Bev Perdue: Going Down?
« on: November 28, 2011, 12:37:59 PM »
What is it with Dems and their inability or unwillingness to report free airplane rides as campaign contributions?

From the WRAL-TV website:

Perdue Hires Prominent Defense Attorneys

With state and federal investigators examining her campaign spending, Gov. Beverly Perdue has hired two high-profile defense attorneys for legal advice.

Joe Cheshire said Friday that he and Wade Smith are representing Perdue, but he said he's confident she didn't do anything wrong.

Well, guys. I don't know about that. Wade Smith hasn't been so wrong about a client since he agreed to represent the eternally-appealing triple murderer Dr. Jeffrey McDonald. (For you youngsters out there, Dr. Jeff became a hero of the California Left long before Mumia and #OccuppyParkPoop. He was convicted in a NC courtroom of murdering his pregnant wife and daughter in a fit of rage, then methodically murdering his sleeping infant in her crib. You know. Just for cover.)

I kinda think Gov. Perdue knows she is in deep doo-doo over her campaign violations. After all, what exactly was former Governor MIke Easley convicted of? (Gee, it's on the tip of my tongue. Wait for it . . . Oh. I remember:

Cheshire also represented former Gov. Mike Easley in criminal investigations of his campaign finances. Easley pleaded guilty in November to signing a false campaign report.

Oh, it was just a technical violation. Wasn't it?

Democrat Easley, governor from 2001 to 2009, appeared Tuesday before Wake County Superior Court Judge W. Osmond Smith and admitted he failed to report a required campaign disclosure of a $1,600 helicopter ride he took with a supporter in October 2006, The Charlotte (N.C.) Observer reported.

"I have to take responsibility for what the campaign does," Easley told the judge. "The buck has to stop somewhere.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/11/24/Former-NC-gov-in-felony-conviction/UPI-21341290621572/#ixzz1f1g3Mco9

Hey Bev. Where does the buck stop in your world?

http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/story/9061968/

See also: http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,710.0.html

**Note: The political party of the ethically challenged governors was omitted in order to conform to the Guidelines for Reporting Bad New for Dems issued by the Associated Press in 1971.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

RickZ

Re: NC Gov. Bev Perdue: Going Down?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:48:41 PM »
When you turn over the rocks . . . politicians hire defense counsel.

The TEA Party's desire to end this corruption gravy train is the real reason why the Dems hate TEA Partiers so much.  We're bad for business (as usual).

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 01:27:15 PM »
What is it with Dems and their inability or unwillingness to report free airplane rides as campaign contributions?

I kinda think Gov. Perdue knows she is in deep doo-doo over her campaign violations. After all, what exactly was former Governor MIke Easley convicted of? (Gee, it's on the tip of my tongue. Wait for it . . . Oh. I remember:

Cheshire also represented former Gov. Mike Easley in criminal investigations of his campaign finances. Easley pleaded guilty in November to signing a false campaign report.

::hysterical::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 02:40:49 PM »
May I also add one tidbit. Joe Cheshire the Fifth and Wade Smith (along with Wade's brother Roger) are the best and most sought after criminal defense lawyers in the State of North Carolina, if not the southeast. Please don't forget this: They ain't being "retained" for their expertise in campaign finance laws. That ship done left the dock and hit the rocks.

Cheshire and Smith are on retainer because they are the best Criminal Defense Lawyers in the State. One additional aside, Joe 5 and Wade come from two different law firms. Joe Cheshire from Cheshire, Parker, Schneider and Bryan. From Cheshire's bio:

Upon being licensed to practice law in October 1973, Mr. Cheshire became the fifth straight Joseph Blount Cheshire to practice law in the courts of North Carolina

Wade Smith is with Tharrington Smith, LLC. Wade and his brother Roger grew up in a small town in Albemarle, NC.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 03:57:38 PM »
In other words they have the connections and rep to get a good plea bargain?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 04:34:16 PM »
In other words they have the connections and rep to get a good plea bargain?

All I'm sayin is that those two guys would be my first choice if my keister was on the line.
--------------

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 04:46:09 PM »
Bev Perdue: Going Down?

What a coincidence! Blarney Frank's going down too! Maybe not in quite the same way (and no, this time his boyfriend isn't involved!). Ah well, works out the same in the end...

...guess I better quit while I'm ahead.

Far too many innuendos and hidden jokes in this post, none of which are at all politically correct!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 07:13:26 PM »
Sure is a lot of innuendo, I thought this thread title meant Purdue had a meeting with Slick Willie!

::exitstageleft::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 05:20:07 AM »
Good run-down on what is being alleged in the indictment against the three Perdue aides:

Peter Reichard, a Greensboro businessman who served as the Perdue campaign's finance director, was charged with obstruction of justice. Reichard has been a key player in the gubernatorial campaigns of Perdue and her predecessor, Mike Easley, both Democrats. Reichard served as Easley's finance director for his 2000 gubernatorial campaign.  Reichard used the $32,000, disguised as consulting services, to compensate Julia Leigh Sitton, who later became the director of the governor's Western office. She is also known as Juleigh Sitton.

Sitton was charged with obstruction of justice and causing the Perdue campaign to file false reports. She resigned from the director's position in August and had been making $50,000 a year. She is a Morganton attorney who has long been active in Democratic political campaigns. Perdue campaign finance records show she was reimbursed for roughly $4,500 in campaign expenses in the 2008 election.

Trawick "Buzzy" Stubbs, a New Bern attorney who was a longtime law partner with Perdue's first husband, was charged with obstruction of justice and causing the filing of false campaign reports. The indictments say Stubbs caused the Perdue campaign to file false reports that did not disclose roughly $28,000 in campaign flights. Stubbs reported the flights as expenditures to the N.C. Democratic Party, when he knew that the flights benefited Perdue, the indictment said.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/11/28/1676707/3-perdue-associates-indicted.html#ixzz1fBcgq1lT
--------------

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 05:31:58 AM »
Sure is a lot of innuendo, I thought this thread title meant Purdue had a meeting with Slick Willie!

Out one ear and innuendo !  ;D

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 05:44:43 AM »
Good run-down on what is being alleged in the indictment against the three Perdue aides:

Peter Reichard, a Greensboro businessman who served as the Perdue campaign's finance director, was charged with obstruction of justice. Reichard has been a key player in the gubernatorial campaigns of Perdue and her predecessor, Mike Easley, both Democrats. Reichard served as Easley's finance director for his 2000 gubernatorial campaign.  Reichard used the $32,000, disguised as consulting services, to compensate Julia Leigh Sitton, who later became the director of the governor's Western office. She is also known as Juleigh Sitton.

Sitton was charged with obstruction of justice and causing the Perdue campaign to file false reports. She resigned from the director's position in August and had been making $50,000 a year. She is a Morganton attorney who has long been active in Democratic political campaigns. Perdue campaign finance records show she was reimbursed for roughly $4,500 in campaign expenses in the 2008 election.

Trawick "Buzzy" Stubbs, a New Bern attorney who was a longtime law partner with Perdue's first husband, was charged with obstruction of justice and causing the filing of false campaign reports. The indictments say Stubbs caused the Perdue campaign to file false reports that did not disclose roughly $28,000 in campaign flights. Stubbs reported the flights as expenditures to the N.C. Democratic Party, when he knew that the flights benefited Perdue, the indictment said.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/11/28/1676707/3-perdue-associates-indicted.html#ixzz1fBcgq1lT

What is it with these NC Democrats who don't seem to catch on that 'campaign flights' need reporting?  This is what Easley was nailed for, too, IIRC.

Got to laugh at the irony; the Dems keep insisting on all these campaign-finance laws and then they're hoist by them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 07:34:57 AM »

Out one ear and innuendo !  ;D

::laughonfloor::  Stop it, you're killin' me!   ::laughonfloor::  (Nah, go ahead, you know I like it!)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 07:36:59 AM »

What is it with these NC Democrats who don't seem to catch on that 'campaign flights' need reporting?  This is what Easley was nailed for, too, IIRC.

Got to laugh at the irony; the Dems keep insisting on all these campaign-finance laws and then they're hoist by them.

The problem with these laws though, is they are applied with a microscope to non-leftists and only the truly stupid leftists get snared by them!  There is no way in hell most lefties could withstand the level of scruitiny constantly being waged against thier opponents!  No way in hell!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 08:01:24 AM »
If only (insert leftist piece of garbage here) didn't ever have to run for re-election.  Then (insert leftist piece of garbage here) would never be tempted to improperly take money or services.

::thinking::

::thinking::

::hysterical:: ::rolllaughing:: ::laughonfloor::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 08:27:06 AM »
Bev "We Should Suspend Elections" Perdue.  If she gets ousted, she could have a promising role as The Joker in the next Batman installment, especially since Heath Ledger is no longer available for the role.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
--------------

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
Well, she wanted the election cancelled and now, for her, it is.

She's still pushing the sales tax increase, though.

Good riddance.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »

Good riddance.

Yes, and - naturally - it's for education funding. In other words, keeping NEA union members in their sinecure so that they can continue paying their dues, so that the NEA can continue giving millions to the Democratic Party.  It's astounding how long they've been able to get by with this racket.  The Democratic Party is all but making an electronic draft directly from the General Fund.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 04:43:01 PM »

Good riddance.

Yes, and - naturally - it's for education funding. In other words, keeping NEA union members in their sinecure so that they can continue paying their dues, so that the NEA can continue giving millions to the Democratic Party.  It's astounding how long they've been able to get by with this racket.  The Democratic Party is all but making an electronic draft directly from the General Fund.

Glock, Glock, Glock; it's fo da chirren, donchaknow.

UNsane how many vocal people in my county alone not only buy into that, but have fits at the idea that schools can operate quite well with a lot less money.  As though how much one is willing to spend (of other people's money) signifies one's moral righteousness.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 06:25:04 PM »

UNsane how many vocal people in my county alone not only buy into that, but have fits at the idea that schools can operate quite well with a lot less money.  As though how much one is willing to spend (of other people's money) signifies one's moral righteousness.

They wanna believe....