Author Topic: Cain: Oh, BTW, the woman who's about to accuse me of a 13 year affair is lying  (Read 2550 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Surely, he couldn't have not screwed all these women!

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Meh, with Cain they can't use the race card so they're using the sex card. /shrug

None of this stuff affects whether I'd vote for him or not. Maybe things would be different if they had a stained dress...a dead girl in a car in a drainage ditch...or a stinky cigar or something. Maybe a sex tape...but nope, all they got is shady women with ties to top tier democrats and/or pasts of similar accusations and lawsuits. 
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
None of this stuff affects whether I'd vote for him or not.

Same here. He's still the best of the lot.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
None of this stuff affects whether I'd vote for him or not.

Same here. He's still the best of the lot.

Ain't that sad if he's the best we got

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Bill Clinton, the first black president, had affairs, interns, "special services", a history of harrassing women and is a hero of the left.

Herman Cain, not so much.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

You'd think a least one black woman, or Indian, or China, or something.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
All these affairs and no love children.......yet..... ::hysterical::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I guess they think his name is Wilt.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
The statement issued by his lawyer pretty much says it all without saying much of anything. The lawyer is attempting to use the "this is a private matter between consenting adults" strategy.

Let me think on that for a moment. That has worked how many times in the past?

Oh, yeah...zero.

(This is where someone suggests sticking a fork in him.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 08:42:35 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  I don't give a hot damn about any of this trash!!

ABO....ABO....ABO[/color]........ABO....ABO....ABO.....ABO....ABO....ABO....ABO...
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Surely, he couldn't have not screwed all these women!

Maybe not at the same time  :o

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
Starting to sound like a Pile on to me.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
 I don't give a hot damn about any of this trash!!

Ya know, JF, I didn't care about any of the previous bimbos either. That's because by the time they hit the fan I had more or less already written Cain off as a non-serious candidate. Oh, sure, I still thought that he was correct in most (if not all) of his principles even if he had a rather clumsy way of communicating them at the time. But what eventually pulled me out of his camp was the growing evidence that he didn't want to be president badly enough to learn the basic policy positions. His frequently offered answer to mildly difficult (and sometimes easy) questions, "I'll have top experts advise me..." is not what I am looking for in a leader.

So...I wasn't really interested in the previous round of very weak allegations against him.

And, truth be told, I'm not really interested in this allegation either for the very same reason.

But, that said, this allegation seems to be different. It seems authentic. The phone records are damning. The non-denial statement by his lawyer is damning. The accuser's reasons for coming forward have the ring of truth to them. If her story holds up (and I think it probably will) then Cain is finished. And I don't mean just in the nomination race. This kind of very public revelation can be devastating for every aspect of a person's life.

I see all this as good, though, for the nomination process. What doesn't kill our candidates will make them stronger. It's a proper vetting that the Dingus never got and can't get now. That President Downgrade hasn't been vetted leaves him wide open to a challenger publicly demanding that his past be revealed. I don't know if anyone will ever demand that but they could. And should.

What I am wondering right now is just how much more is unknown about Gingrich and when will it come out. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
....That President Downgrade hasn't been vetted leaves him wide open to a challenger publicly demanding that his past be revealed...

It is utterly irresponsible that the President of the United States has not been forced by either his opposition or the media to reveal his academic records. It's alternative universe-like in how unbelievable it is.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
If you saw my other post about his "black hole" past we are talking about way more than school records at this point. Sooner or later it will morph into an emperor with no clothes kind of thing and people are going to start talking about it in a way that will be hard to ignore.

charlesoakwood

The media will be shocked, shocked and so offended by
his taking advantage of their innocence.  Breaking News MSM,
there'll also be trials for you.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero

But, that said, this allegation seems to be different. It seems authentic. The phone records are damning. The non-denial statement by his lawyer is damning. The accuser's reasons for coming forward have the ring of truth to them....

And the autobiography he signed for her ... " Thanks for everything ! Love Hermie "  doesn't help .

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  I don't care what he did or didn't do because I don't believe he's going to be there in the end.But I would say that every dirty thing thing that is being done to this Black Man is the kind of thing that is now acceptable for any Black Man in or running for office and there better not be any cying foul by the left.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
He should tout his virility and see if he can pick up some endorsements from condom manufacturers.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.