Author Topic: Hilda Solis: Failure to Extend Unemployment Benefits .....  (Read 758 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Hilda Solis: Failure to Extend Unemployment Benefits .....
« on: November 30, 2011, 06:23:36 PM »
...‘Will Mean An Increase In The Unemployment Rate’

U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis said that not extending unemployment benefits for the jobless, which are set to expire at the end of this year, “will mean an increase in the unemployment rate.”

Solis made her remarks at a press briefing on Capitol Hill on Wednesday. At that same briefing, Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.), echoing remarks also made by House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), said that lawmakers may lose their “soul” if they fail to pass legislation to extend unemployment benefits.

“We have to pass the extension of unemployment benefits, it’s absolutely, essential,” said Reed.  “If we fail to do this, we could lose not only our souls as been discussed here today, but $72 billion in economic activity next year translating to about 560,000 jobs. This is not just about keeping families together [and] keeping some food on the table. This is about keeping our economy moving, moving forward. We have to do this because the impact as the [Labor] Secretary said will be felt in every community in this country.”

I hate these people.  Really.

Cut the unemployment "benefits" and we'll find out about "the jobs Americans won't do".

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Hilda Solis: Failure to Extend Unemployment Benefits .....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to shove her face into the dirt, they truly suck beyond imagining.  How about cutting the BS and let the pipeline be built, oil to be fracked & pumped, relieving regulatory & tax buden on small business, repeal ObamaCare?!  Those things will have 1000 x's more impact on employment numbers than keeping people on the government teat!

Good God I wanna throttle these shameless commie pukes!!!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.