Author Topic: Zombieland  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Zombieland
« on: November 30, 2011, 10:17:32 AM »
Anyone who may want to watch or record, Zombieland will be on FX tonite at 7 PM central time.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Zombieland
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »
Sure, I'll check it out.  Thanks for the heads up.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 11:24:03 AM »
The Bill Murray scene is among the best comedy in all of cinema IMHO.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 11:35:26 AM »
Anyone who may want to watch or record, Zombieland will be on FX tonite at 7 PM central time.

Are they editing it? I suspect that movie just isn't going to work edited for TV.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 07:03:43 PM »
Watching it now, OMG is the opening hilarious!

::laughonfloor::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 07:37:11 PM »
Oh, those two young gals are just MEAN!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »
Bill Murray!   ::facepalm::   ::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
An amusement park...

(groan)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 08:52:07 PM »
An amusement park...

(groan)

Hey, it goes with the genre. Besides, you were just at Bill Murray's house.  And there are Twinkies! And they have been talking about going there for 3/4s of the film.. it shouldn't  be a surprise at this point.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 08:56:43 PM »
Only Vegas could be filled with more zombie-attracting bells & whistles!

I have to say the rollercoaster ride was hilarious though!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 09:40:17 PM »
That film played forever on Starz. It was great. Woody Harrelson is a scumbag but can turn in a decent performance on occasion.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 09:47:48 PM »

Thanks.. just set the DVR.

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 12:36:05 AM »
I did my best.. made it 7 minutes into it before I turned it off and erased it off the DVR.

I would have after 2 minutes.. but I kept thinking what you guys would say if I just shut it off.

Beyond suck!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 01:05:50 AM »
I did my best.. made it 7 minutes into it before I turned it off and erased it off the DVR.

I would have after 2 minutes.. but I kept thinking what you guys would say if I just shut it off.

Beyond suck!

That was my reaction to "Hobo with a Shotgun". I was all pumped to see Rutger Hauer deal out some vigilante justice, and I made it about 5 minutes into the film before I shut it off and threw the DVD away.

I liked Zombieland though. It wasn't great - stupid, actually. But the comedic moments here and there throughout were enough to keep it watchable for me.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 10:44:31 AM »

Beyond suck!

Wait a minute......This coming from a guy playing on a you tube video????? LOLOL..... Kidding.

It is stupid humor....and with all the stupidity in the world, I need some stupid humor at times.

For those without taste who watched, I believe the Murray part was edited. I seem to remember him gasping into life a few times after taking one to the chest....but I may be mistaken. I had forgotten the roller coaster shoot em up. Funny. The ride that hurls you up into the air? One of my favorites...no, not the scene, the ride...I love that ride.

And it is humor to allow zombies full range of motion, and running ability, eating fat people, while the star of the show craves a twinkie.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 11:12:07 AM »

Beyond suck!

Wow. Its really one of my favorites. Of course, it may be a function of where my head is at these days.  At 7 minutes you didn't even make it through the rules.  The film does settle down a bit. The gore, while present, isn't the point of the film, and it really turns into a story that is more about the Characters and the Zombies.  

And there is a lot of good practical info - double tap,  always check the back seat,  cardio, beware of bathrooms, wear your seatbelt . All good stuff. .  It could save your life. The Zombie Apocalypse is coming

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 11:13:12 AM »
I thought the opening sequence was a hoot, fatty can't run, the circling back to the car, launching the backseat zombie throught the windshield...

::hysterical::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 11:22:21 AM »
I sat through "Idiocracy", once - no zombies, though - and that was enough.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »
I thought the opening sequence was a hoot, fatty can't run, the circling back to the car, launching the backseat zombie throught the windshield...

That was right where I stopped... when the zombie popped up in the back seat.. I did a facepalm and the predictability of it and shut it down.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 12:02:07 PM »

That was right where I stopped... when the zombie popped up in the back seat.. I did a facepalm and the predictability of it and shut it down.

It was just one more item for the checklist...check the backseat!

I know though, I think most of us here would never be caught flat-footed in many circumstances, but for a movie...it is what it is.  I groaned at the amusement park angle, but once there it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Dumb humor is dumb humor...and it filled in the gaps on my night...I've wasted time on things much worse!