Author Topic: Zombieland  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
Re: Zombieland
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 12:12:50 PM »
I thought the opening sequence was a hoot, fatty can't run, the circling back to the car, launching the backseat zombie throught the windshield...

::hysterical::

That was right where I stopped... when the zombie popped up in the back seat.. I did a facepalm and the predictability of it and shut it down.

It was just one more item for the checklist...check the backseat!

I know though, I think most of us here would never be caught flat-footed in many circumstances, but for a movie...it is what it is.  I groaned at the amusement park angle, but once there it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Dumb humor is dumb humor...and it filled in the gaps on my night...I've wasted time on things much worse!

I went through my Monty Python phase... I can understand.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 12:14:32 PM »
I sat through "Idiocracy", once - no zombies, though - and that was enough.

I guess that depends  on your definition of zombie.  You can't expect "SMART" from any movie that makes use of brain-dead people as major characters.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 12:23:08 PM »
I thought the opening sequence was a hoot, fatty can't run, the circling back to the car, launching the backseat zombie throught the windshield...

::hysterical::

That was right where I stopped... when the zombie popped up in the back seat.. I did a facepalm and the predictability of it and shut it down.

Y'all are looking at this all wrong. See - Zombieland is a metaphor for dealing with dhimmicrats in a post-reason America. You can't talk sense with them - there is no common ground. If you figuratively beat them to death (rhetorically) they just get back up and come at you again. The only thing left is to kill them - preferably with a double-tap, once to stop them in their tracks and then finish it with a head shot.

Of course I am speaking in the metaphoric sense.....right?

::rockets::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 12:29:11 PM »
I sat through "Idiocracy", once - no zombies, though - and that was enough.

I guess that depends  on your definition of zombie.  You can't expect "SMART" from any movie that makes use of brain-dead people as major characters.

True 'dat.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 12:31:13 PM »

Y'all are looking at this all wrong. See - Zombieland is a metaphor for dealing with dhimmicrats in a post-reason America. You can't talk sense with them - there is no common ground. If you figuratively beat them to death (rhetorically) they just get back up and come at you again. The only thing left is to kill them - preferably with a double-tap, once to stop them in their tracks and then finish it with a head shot.

I find the movie cathartic for this reason. But then I am a mean old conservative hater bitterly clinging to my guns and the ideas and principles of the founders,  and convince that all Democrats  should be arrested, tried and hung as traitors and I am negotiable on them having a trial.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 01:50:22 PM »
I love the double tap.

The store scene.....Ring the dinner bell, here comes zombie, bullet to the head then young kid with the double tap. ::laserkill:: ::hysterical::

Zombieland is a metaphor......Zombies, like liberals, are attracted to bright lights, even if they are dim bulbs.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »
Heh, yeah, the only difference being a zombie doesn't give a damn what the noise is, it's all a "dinner bell" to them, in a libiots case just the word "free" is needed, no other syllables matter...so in the end libiots are just 4 little letters away from being full-time zombies...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 02:18:38 PM »
Heh, yeah, the only difference being a zombie doesn't give a damn what the noise is, it's all a "dinner bell" to them, in a libiots case just the word "free" is needed, no other syllables matter...so in the end libiots are just 4 little letters away from being full-time zombies...

You know the old saying......There is a zombie born every day.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.