Author Topic: Global Warming Alarmists Flip-Flop On Snowfall  (Read 1738 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Global Warming Alarmists Flip-Flop On Snowfall
« on: March 08, 2011, 09:45:03 AM »
Question is were you lying then are are you lying now? From the Heartland Institute.

Sitting in on a March 1 Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) press conference regarding global warming and heavy snowfalls, I couldn’t help feeling like the chairman of the Senate committee questioning mafia capo Frank Pentangeli in Godfather II. The chairman, listening incredulously as Pentangeli contradicts a sworn written statement he had earlier given to the committee, waves the written statement in the air and protests, “We have a sworn affidavit — we have it — your sworn affidavit…. Do you deny that confession, and do you realize what will happen as a result of your denial?”

The UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Third Assessment Report was as straightforward as Frank Pentangeli’s earlier confession that he had killed on behalf of Michael Corleone. “Milder winter temperatures will decrease heavy snowstorms,” IPCC reported.

That was in 2001. Now, however, with an unprecedented number of major winter snowstorms hitting the northeastern U.S. during the past two winters, the alarmists are clamming up and changing their tune faster than Tom Hagen can fly in Vincenzo Pentangeli from Italy to aid his brother in his time of trouble.
 ::whatgives::

http://www.heartland.org/full/29496/Global_Warming_Alarmists_FlipFlop_On_Snowfall.html
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Global Warming Alarmists Flip-Flop On Snowfall
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »
+5 stars for the Godfather analogy!

And lest we forget... Frank Pentangeli ultimately suffered a consequence. Caught between competing lies and powers, he had no friends remaining but a warm bath and a razor blade.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:02:52 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Global Warming Alarmists Flip-Flop On Snowfall
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 10:48:31 AM »
AGW is the closest thing these wretched people will ever have to a real religion!

Dittto on the Godfather ref's, simply brilliant!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.