Author Topic: Catholic University single-sex dorm complaint dismissed  (Read 2213 times)

CatholicCrusader

Catholic University single-sex dorm complaint dismissed
« on: December 01, 2011, 08:21:08 AM »
Catholic University single-sex dorm complaint dismissed

Washington D.C., Dec 1, 2011 / 05:51 am (CNA/EWTN News).- The D.C. Office of Human Rights has dismissed a complaint that The Catholic University of America’s single-sex dorm policy constitutes unlawful discrimination under the district’s Human Rights Act.

“We were confident from the beginning that our actions were entirely legal,” said John Garvey, president of The Catholic University of America, on Nov. 30.

John Banzhaf, a law professor at George Washington University, filed the legal complaint in response to an op-ed that Garvey wrote in the Wall Street Journal in June announcing that the university would be implementing single-sex housing in hopes of fighting binge drinking and hooking up.

On Nov. 29, the D.C. Office of Human Rights issued an order dismissing the complaint, saying that Banzhaf had failed to demonstrate that women under the new policy would lack “equivalent access to educational opportunities” or be subject to “material harm.”

The Office of Human Rights determined that Banzhaf’s arguments were based on “conjecture and speculation” rather than “factual allegations.”

REST OF STORY: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/catholic-university-single-sex-dorm-complaint-dismissed/

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Catholic University single-sex dorm complaint dismissed
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 08:26:26 AM »
  HEH HEH! ::danceban::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:24:59 AM »
That's the same ambulance-chaser, Banzhaf, that's after the same university for "violating" the "civil rights" of muslims because they don't have their own space in which to "pray" without having Catholic symbols "looming" over them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 09:29:39 AM »
Yeah I've had enough of little pissants like that.  His lawsuits should have been rejected outright due to lack of standing.  He may think himself such a clever iconoclast, doing his individual part to reduce us under nihilism, but I have news for him: people such as us here are like elephants, we don't forget. I have a lengthy mental list just waiting for game time.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 10:36:32 AM »
...sometimes even libs have to recognize stupidity

::danceban:: ::danceban:: ::danceban::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 10:56:58 AM »
In what universe is it a "right" for opposite sex students to be housed in the same dormitory? Good Lord.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 11:09:13 AM »
In the universe of "civil rights" -- "rights" endowed by government, and since government has no rights of its own, it creates them by taking rights from one group and bestowing them on another.

This is the natural, inevitable progression of the idea and implementation of the "civil rights" era legislation.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 11:36:25 AM »
I'll give thems rights, and a fair measure of lefts too!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 12:48:58 PM »
That's the same ambulance-chaser, Banzhaf, that's after the same university for "violating" the "civil rights" of muslims because they don't have their own space in which to "pray" without having Catholic symbols "looming" over them.
Yes and that little Piss ant needs to start paying for all the court cost! ::rockets::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 01:34:07 PM »
In what universe is it a "right" for opposite sex students to be housed in the same dormitory? Good Lord.

I guess the same universe where you can illegally sneek into a country and demand your right to healthcare and benefits

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 01:41:46 PM »
Yes and that little Piss ant needs to start paying for all the court cost! ::rockets::

Betcha a grand that Banzhaf is a member of the National Lawyers Guild.

(effin commie . . .)
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.