Author Topic: HHS $12B slush fund for "retiree healthcare"  (Read 3498 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
HHS $12B slush fund for "retiree healthcare"
« on: March 08, 2011, 10:00:40 AM »
Here’s another little jewel tucked away in Obama’s Un-Affordable Care Act.

More union workers, city workers, county workers, etc. will be able to retire early. This is now possible because YOU will be stuck with paying for their healthcare under the democrat’s new health care law.

This was discovered by RepandProudofit at Free Republic:

The health care bill gave Health and Human Services a $12 Billion slush fund designed to help people who decide to retire early, i.e. before 65, Medicare age.
    From the Healthcare.gov website:

Rising health care costs have made it difficult for employers and unions to provide quality, affordable health coverage for workers and retirees while also remaining competitive in the global marketplace. The percentage of large firms providing workers with retiree health coverage dropped from 66 percent in 1988 to 29 percent in 2009.1. Many Americans who retire before they are eligible for Medicare without employer-sponsored health coverage see their life savings disappear because of medical bills and exorbitant rates in the individual health insurance market. Health insurance premiums for older Americans are over four times more expensive than those for young adults,2, and the deductible these enrollees pay is, on average, almost four times that in a typical employer-sponsored insurance plan.3

The Affordable Care Act creates a new program called the Early Retiree Reinsurance Program to help address this challenge that employers and older employees are facing. The Early Retiree Reinsurance Program (ERRP) provides much-needed financial relief to businesses, schools and other educational institutions, unions, State and local governments, and non-profits, in order to help retirees and their families continue to have quality, affordable health coverage.

Here is the list of the “employers” who have qualified for the supplements so far. Note that the “employers” on the list are mostly unions, cities, counties and colleges. Dems knew this would be the case when they wrote the bill by making supplements available only to employers who continue providing health coverage to workers who retire early, before Medicare age. How many private companies do that?

Basically, this is based on the argument that people deserve to retire early and you and I should help them pay for their health care insurance.

A billion here, a billion there; pretty soon it adds up to big money.

Michelle Bachmann is right on the money about voting against anymore CRs.  Whoever really wrote the Obamacare bill is a freakin' genius; he managed to hide billions right out in the open.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: HHS $12B slush fund for "retiree healthcare"
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 10:06:29 AM »
...Michelle Bachmann is right on the money about voting against anymore CRs....

She is basically out there sounding the alarm, saying that our last and only chance to defund ObamaCare is to risk shutting down the government, and refusing to pass another continuing resolution until this money that was never accounted for in the passage of the bill is stripped of appropriation.

She makes a very strong case that this is the last chance.

And then we have Cantor and the rest publicly saying that shutting down the government is off the table.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 10:14:02 AM »
Because Cantor and the rest have no freaking balls.

They're like Pavlov's dogs; all it takes to get them to react in a certain way is to accuse them of acting in a certain way, despite no initial action that way.

Best way to avoid a shutdown blamed on the Dems?  Accuse the Rs of wanting it.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 10:58:40 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I would trumpet the fact that denying CR's and denying extension of the debt ceiling is the only threat I have left to get these spending addicts to realize the BS stops right here right damn now!  It is by their gross willful negligence that we are not able to reign in spending, period!

Shove it down their rotten throats!

Hammer it into thier lying faces!

Beat them senseless with this every minute of every day 24/7/365!!!

Son of a  ::cussing:: I am tired of this sh*t!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.