Author Topic: ATF's Fast & Furious - FBI/DEA involvement  (Read 1476 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
ATF's Fast & Furious - FBI/DEA involvement
« on: December 01, 2011, 12:57:07 PM »
FBI Criminal Informant Complicit in Brian Terry’s Death (PJM Exclusive)

In the growing Fast and Furious scandal, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry’s death in Peck Canyon, Arizona was previously described as a chance meeting that led to a firefight: an illegal alien “rip crew” working for the Sinaloa cartel was hoping to find other illegal aliens and to rob them at gunpoint. Instead, they stumbled across a Border Patrol unit and murdered Agent Terry.

Last week, the Washington Times offered a new version of the encounter: they reported that the rip crew was not hunting illegals, but Border Patrol teams — with the intention of engaging them in combat.

Sources now tell PJ Media that neither version of events is accurate: the rip crew was not waiting for a chance encounter with other illegals, nor did the members intend to engage American law enforcement agents.

The rip crew was in Peck Canyon that evening with the intention of stealing money and drugs from a specific shipment of which they had prior knowledge.

Sources claim the Department of Justice has been trying for almost a year to hide the key information — how the rip crew knew the shipment was coming through that night.

The rip crew knew to be in Peck Canyon that December evening because a CI working for the FBI found out about a smuggling run — from the FBI.

It is not clear if the information was provided intentionally, but a possible motivation for the FBI to provide the information is known to exist: the CI had previously lost a shipment of drugs, and wanted to regain the trust of the cartel with an offering of drugs or money. The other possibility is that the FBI mistakenly allowed the CI to discover the information.

The CI used this information to organize an ambush of the drug convoy. A source tells PJM that the FBI knew from wiretaps that the CI was using their information to set up an ambush.

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) — through its own CIs and communications intercepts — was also aware of the planned assault.

Neither the DEA nor FBI warned Border Patrol about the expected criminal activity.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: ATF's Fast & Furious - FBI/DEA involvement
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:40:01 PM »
Well, doesn't this just make things...worse!!!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 01:46:52 PM »
Every new piece of information makes it much worse.

Got to wonder how much more Grassley and Issa are going to need before they really lower the boom; in other words, WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY WAITING FOR?!!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 02:02:08 PM »
Indeed, send the Marshall's, this is fricken ridiculous!  We are finding out if our Republic is officially dead, aren't we?

::falldownshocked::
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 08:17:10 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 05:26:58 PM »
Every new piece of information makes it much worse.

Got to wonder how much more Grassley and Issa are going to need before they really lower the boom; in other words, WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY WAITING FOR?!!

John Cornyn has sent them a carefully worded but harsh letter of inquiry.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 06:43:43 PM »
John Cornyn has sent them a carefully worded but harsh letter of inquiry.

Ooooh. The infamous harsh letter. I'm sure they're quaking in their boots. I'm starting to get the impression not a damn thing's going to come out of all this.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 11:59:36 PM »

Is ATF's Fast & Furious - FBI/DEA involvement to be the extension/2nd chapter
of ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 06:08:14 AM »

Not really; I thought we'd keep updating the original thread for anything DOJ-related and make record of the other agencies' involvement in this one.

What do you think?

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 08:12:09 AM »

Not really; I thought we'd keep updating the original thread for anything DOJ-related and make record of the other agencies' involvement in this one.

What do you think?

Sounds like a winner.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson