Author Topic: Ready to give up and join them  (Read 943 times)

Offline MacWell™

• Likes the place
Ready to give up and join them
« on: December 01, 2011, 07:40:13 PM »
Yeah I know, it's a defeatist attitude but I'm at the point that I just don't have the faith in the American people anymore. The best candidates are either not running or at the bottom of the list. We're going to be stuck holding our collective noses and voting for a rino, or obummer, what a choice. At my age I probably wont be around to see the total collapse of America, but I have children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren that will, and all I can do is pray and cry. I sit here at my keyboard and read all the crap that goes on and wonder how we the people allowed this nightmare to happen.
Next years election will be the most important in this nation's history and i don't see that fact reflected in my fellow Americans. It appears that this great nation will end up on the sh*tpile along with history's worst. For instance, how did we allow one woman to throw God out of the classroom? What the hell were they thinking? America is all ass backwards with the few dictating to the many. How did we the people allow this to happen? I grew up in the 50's when a kid could play in their neighborhood long after dark, without a worry of getting kidnapped, or raped, or worse, now, we can't even take our kids to a mall without watching them every second of every day. Back then a person could take his/her pick of 50 different jobs, now there are 50 others who will take any job. Marriage was for life, now, it's becoming a joke. 2 men, 2 women, a man and his dog, a woman and her child, anything goes.
About the only thing that I can take solace in is that God intervenes and lays waste to all the evil, it can't happen soon enough, imho.
Sorry all, I don't mean to dump on you here, I believe most of you feel the same, but I'm near to the end of my rope and unless Americans take the next election seriously and institute real change, we are doomed.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Ready to give up and join them
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:22:06 PM »
Let not your heart be troubled; God wins in the end.  Do you believe He will let them defeat us?  No, not as long as we move with God.  Hard times are coming; times that will test your progeny, but if they move, if we move, with God, we all win.  Do not despair, it's a sin, but you are not alone in your worry.

Be the warrior, put on your warrior face because your children, their children and their children's children will soon look to you for guidance.  You are living now, you and yours, because you are meant to be; you have a job to do.

I tell you this today so you can tell me the same tomorrow, when I falter.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline MacWell™

• Likes the place
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:18:24 PM »
Thanks for the words Pandora, and you're right, of course. I know we win in the end but that doesn't make the journey any less unpleasant. I don't care so much for me, I've lived a pretty full life, but my offspring and theirs will have to face things that we've only read about in history, and much worse.
I thank you for the encouragement and know that I must be strong for them and all of the children of God.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 10:45:14 PM »
I despair sometimes too. Then I think... Barack Obama and the Left in general share a prime characteristic with Satan: they all relish our despair, and endlessly seek to foment it.

Some days it's difficult not to indulge them all in their wish. I grow weary. But I won't allow them the gratitude of giving up. When I falter, I will press on. Jesus wins, end of story.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 10:48:36 PM »
Yeah I know, it's a defeatist attitude but I'm at the point that I just don't have the faith in the American people anymore. The best candidates are either not running or at the bottom of the list. We're going to be stuck holding our collective noses and voting for a rino, or obummer, what a choice. At my age I probably wont be around to see the total collapse of America, but I have children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren that will, and all I can do is pray and cry. I sit here at my keyboard and read all the crap that goes on and wonder how we the people allowed this nightmare to happen.

Because we no longer are grateful for the blessings we have received, and to be honest we are no longer worthy of them. God said no more floods. He didn't say he still wouldn't clean house every once in a while, and apparently it is that time again.  You are here. You see the danger, and you can get ready. I am sure the original colonists wondered the same in the first years of the revolution, and the hopeless rebellion against the King, and again during the Civil war, and again in WWI, and in WWII.  I love living in the age of wonder, where miracles surround us, but it does distract from what is important and meaningful, and we will learn that again, and still find happiness without the latest iDevice, a car for every person over 16 and a  5000 sq ft home.

Next years election will be the most important in this nation's history and i don't see that fact reflected in my fellow Americans.

No, this election will just determine who will serve as scapegoats. Things aren't bad enough yet to convince our complacent public that radical changes are required, we have no leaders willing do what is required - and instead they argue ( to borrow a phrase)  if we should bail the titanic out with a thimble or an eggcup.  

I grew up in the 50's when a kid could play in their neighborhood long after dark, without a worry of getting kidnapped, or raped, or worse, now, we can't even take our kids to a mall without watching them every second of every day.

And you still can, with statistically less danger. Thanks to the media you hear about every incident- when you grew up, you didn't. And thanks to the media, it makes it more likely perps will get caught, so statistically speaking it is now less likely to happen. But we raised generation of people who want to remain in a safe and protected kindergarten for adults. They want to play at being Peter Pan and never grow up, and hence they try to ensure their kids don't either.  

About the only thing that I can take solace in is that God intervenes and lays waste to all the evil, it can't happen soon enough, imho.
Sorry all, I don't mean to dump on you here, I believe most of you feel the same, but I'm near to the end of my rope and unless Americans take the next election seriously and institute real change, we are doomed.

When you read history, you can see the hand of God. He is at work in the world during the times that try men's souls. We haven't got there yet. We hope we can turn this around, peacefully,  within the system, but  God more commonly works outside the system. He moves mountains, parts waters, sends plagues and answers prayers. Read1776 and see how in just the first year of the war how many times things were hopeless, and some "chance" thing saved the day- how these deeply flawed men we called the Founders came together at the right time and in the right way to produce the revolution and then the Constitution. Our  system is broken and corrupt. I can't see God using that sorry ham-handed and crooked tool to bring about the sort of miracle  that is required, at least not if history holds any clues as to his process.  Be faithful, accept your lot, teach your kids to accept theirs, and trust he will guide you through it.

Gandalf Quote
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:52:35 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 02:40:35 AM »
Next years election will be the most important in this nation's history and i don't see that fact reflected in my fellow Americans. It appears that this great nation will end up on the sh*tpile along with history's worst. For instance, how did we allow one woman to throw God out of the classroom? What the hell were they thinking? America is all ass backwards with the few dictating to the many. How did we the people allow this to happen? I grew up in the 50's when a kid could play in their neighborhood long after dark, without a worry of getting kidnapped, or raped, or worse, now, we can't even take our kids to a mall without watching them every second of every day. Back then a person could take his/her pick of 50 different jobs, now there are 50 others who will take any job. Marriage was for life, now, it's becoming a joke. 2 men, 2 women, a man and his dog, a woman and her child, anything goes.

Sounds like you and I grew up at the same time and in the same neighborhood . And yes , this country has gone completely haywire . We seem to either forget or not understand that freedom requires discipline . Alistair Cooke seemed to have the right perspective on us when he wrote in 1971 ; " I recognize here several of the symptoms that Edward Gibbon maintained were the signs of the decline of Rome and which arose not from external enemies but from inside the country itself . A mounting love of show and luxury , a widening gap between the very rich and the very poor , an obsession with sex , freakishness in the arts masquerading as originality and enthusiasm pretending to creativeness ... There is too the general desire to live off the state , whether it is a junkie on welfare or an airline subsidized by the government ; in a word the notion that Washington __ Big Daddy__ will provide . And , most disturbing of all , a developing moral numbness to vulgarity , violence and the assault on the simplest human decencies . "

That was forty years ago and could have been written forty minutes ago . Things were just getting warmed up back then . But I can't help but believe that this nation came into existence for reasons far beyond the imaginings of Adams , Jefferson and Washington . I think the real shock which will re-ground us as a principled nation is yet to come and , far from destroying us , will yet make us stronger .
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:20:18 AM by Sectionhand »

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 06:04:17 AM »
Let not your heart be troubled; God wins in the end. 
. . .

What she said.

Let me add that the Book of Revelation did not make sense to me until 2010. The end of the world may not come as fire and brimstone, but of a total collapse of the world financial system. Not to be unnecessarily morbid, but we are all going to die eventually and I believe that we are judged on how righteously we lived. This is the lesson I hope to impart to my children and grandchildren.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.