Welcome Visitors & New Members > Newbie Central - Introduce Yourself!

How We Got Here (A Brief History That Others Are Invited To Append)

(1/33) > >>

trapeze:
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

...there was this place called the "Powerline Forum." It was part of www.powerlineblog.com which some of you may be familiar with. Ah, those were the days, trading verbal punches with left-wing trolls and knocking RINO's at every opportunity.  The PLF was sort of a cleaned up and generally more polite version of Free Republic (with lefty trolls).

(other former PLFers may feel free to reminisce)

Then one day, quite unexpectedly and rudely, the owners of Powerline pulled the plug and that was the end of an era.

A very small portion of the PLF membership regrouped at a forum site that was hosted by an odd person who went by the handle "nanosecondinvestments."  It was, for those of us who found our way there, the path of least resistance and we pretty much hung out there for about a year.

And that's when the great breakup occurred. Things got a little out of hand. The forum owner sort of went limp and allowed the place to be de facto run (in a tyrannical sort of way) by some politically correct types. These overlords were all concerned about a minor god they worshipped, one whom they called, "tone."  Tone was everything to these people and it annoyed several of us to the point where we just couldn't take it anymore.

So one day... IDP created his own forum, announced it to all concerned and jumped ship. And everyone was happy. Well, everyone except the Tone worshippers who remained behind. IDP worked tirelessly to promote the new forum (It's About Freedom) until one day, about a year later, the site owners (you see, it was a "free" forum site) announced that they were pulling the plug on us because of our tone. Seems the site owners were lefties and someone (or several someones) complained enough that there was just too much right wing free speech going on at the IAF forum and that just would not do.

Fortunately this time we had one whole week to gather our things and leave in an orderly fashion.  The result of that move is the It's About Liberty forum that is owned lock, stock and barrel by IDP. It is presided over by him, Pandora and me and we have zero allegiance to the tone god.

We welcome our members to post on darned near anything that interests them (with very few exceptions) and comment on anything else that's already on the wall.

If there are any PLF refugees out there we welcome you to join us and ask you to feel free to let us know if you used to post there.

Okay, now fill in the missing stuff that I left out of this history as you see fit...

Janny:
Nice to get a little background on you folks! As a refugee from other sites, and a victim of the same type of "forum wars" that you talk about, I can relate to your story. It's nice to be here among fellow conservatives!

Libertas:
Hopefully "third time charm" comes into play!  We've been a band of wanderer's roaming the digital playground from watering hole to watering hole, I hope this will be our Promised Land, Good Lord willin' and the river don't rise!   ::thumbsup::

AmericanPatriot:
Trapeze, thanks for sharing this little bit of history.

Although I have arrived on this journey only recently, I am impressed by the brain power here as well as quality of people.

Thanks for allowing me to participate

trapeze:

--- Quote from: AmericanPatriot on March 08, 2011, 02:29:35 PM ---Trapeze, thanks for sharing this little bit of history.

Although I have arrived on this journey only recently, I am impressed by the brain power here as well as quality of people.

Thanks for allowing me to participate

--- End quote ---

The pleasure is ours.  Invite friends.

EDIT: And just so that we are clear... Democrats, liberals, progressives and leftists are welcome to participate in the discussion here. We will not, however, tolerate troll behavior.

So if you are a lefty and the high end of your debating skill is to invoke Godwin's Law or you feel you must resort to name calling then save yourself the trouble and don't bother posting 'cause Mr. Ban Hammer will be paying you a visit. But if you are interested in mixing it up in a legitimate way then by all means have at it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version