Author Topic: How We Got Here (A Brief History That Others Are Invited To Append)  (Read 146630 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: How We Got Here (A Brief History That Others Are Invited To Append)
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 11:31:35 AM »

I had never participated either and was directed to Powerline by Michelle Malkin links.  I signed on pretty close to the beginning, thought it would be an opportunity to help those *influential lawyers get right. Really, that's what I thought.

What a door I walked through!

*As said: at that time PL was riding the wave. They were at the top of the hit parade.  They appeared on Fox and other national venues and had the opportunity to become influential.  Alas, they showed themselves to be models of moderation.  Later, with storm clouds on the horizon and rancor at their creation in their belly, they jettisoned their best.

And here we are. 

Pretty amusing, CO.  I'd just gotten a computer and begun surfing the internet when I happened onto Powerline, with no idea there even was a "hit parade".  Commenting was a new animal for me and I was totally unprepared for the comment-wars.

Not so much "war" as much as it was "stick a fork in raptardo or vlad" day.

Liberals displaying their tremendous capacity for disingenuous discussion...

Yah.  Don't forget good ole wDight, the "educator".  There's a "Dwight" commenting on PJMedia pieces, almost sure it's him.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 11:36:07 AM »
AHHH the good old days when the only thing missing at the end of the day was stitches!

Reasons why I am missing and praying for Rocketman
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Offline Roy Rogers

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 11:37:19 AM »
Yah.  Don't forget good ole wDight, the "educator".  There's a "Dwight" commenting on PJMedia pieces, almost sure it's him.

Not So Dwight???

::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 12:07:50 PM »
I'd like to say I miss all those retards, but that would be dishonest! 

Like nasty roaches, no matter how hard you try to get rid of 'em, they just kept coming back for another whuppin'!

And like a scorned woman, they would bring up lost arguments from eons ago...thinking this time they'll make headway!

Foolish bastards!

Trying to have an intelligent fact-based discussion with them was impossible, and after a while I gave up on that tactic and instead cut them off at the pass with ridicule!

Remember all the fun people had with the "ignore" function?  And how even having that triggered din't prevent someone he didn't have one of those tards on ignore answered them, then you could see what the tard wrote and that would suck others into the blanket party!

Things were definitely wild and crazy over there.

Ahh, the good 'ol days!

Any leftward type who wants to sign up here and behave themselves and discuss things factually, fine, but I know the knives will come out quick for any leftbots wanting to stir up things simply because they want to!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 12:39:49 PM »
AHHH the good old days when the only thing missing at the end of the day was stitches!

I don't have any contact info. But maybe someone else?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »

Not So Dwight???

OLD JIM! ::falldownshocked::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 12:42:54 PM »

Not So Dwight???

OLD JIM! ::falldownshocked::

Ugh!  Old Jaundice I called him!

::foilhathelicopter::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 12:43:48 PM »

He was notified of the move, but you'll remember he removed himself from circulation a couple months before we migrated.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Roy Rogers

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 12:47:20 PM »

He was notified of the move, but you'll remember he removed himself from circulation a couple months before we migrated.

I am receiving updates.

I apologize to the group for being away for so long and for being so uninformed.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 12:52:10 PM »
Just glad you decided to come back. You offer a unique insight into things, IMO.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Roy Rogers

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 12:54:59 PM »
Just glad you decided to come back. You offer a unique insight into things, IMO.

I like to call a spade a spade.

Speaking of "spades", does anyone know if Ted Rall is still publishing racist cartoons???

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 01:00:17 PM »
Not that I love libtards, but it can become like an echo chamber around here without any libtards to kick around.  ::laughonfloor::
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »
Well it's not like they haven't been invited.

I have a theory that in an environment such as this (majority conservative) they aren't interested in investing their time unless there is a substantial audience to prance around in front of. Like there was at PLF.  Like there is at HotAir. Otherwise, they figure that it just isn't worth being a punching bag.  Because that's just the way it is for libs. They only "win" arguments where they have a majority and can shout down (or ban) their opponents. Their positions don't hold up under serious scrutiny (and they know it) so they stay away from places like this unless they have an audience (which is a weird kind of an exhibitionist sort of thing).

It's also seems to be a uniquely leftist sort of behavior. You don't see too many conservatives fighting the good fight at the DailyKos or PuffHo. They know it's a lost cause and aren't sufficiently masochistic to hang out there and take abuse.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:08:12 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 01:12:50 PM »
...They only "win" arguments where they have a majority and can shout down (or ban) their opponents....
That's what happened to me repeatedly at digg.com. I would register an account, spend about 3 or 4 weeks schooling the libs, get banned, resurrect under a new username, and start all over.

You don't see too many conservatives fighting the good fight at the DailyKos or PuffHo. They know it's a lost cause and aren't sufficiently masochistic to hang out there and take abuse.

I tried registering accounts and posting at both places once upon a time. At Kos, my post appeared, and then it was removed and I was banned. At Huffpo, my comment never appeared and I was banned.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 01:37:44 PM »
They have enough diversity. Your post exceeds their diversity limits so they have no choice but to ban you. It's nothing more than self preservation. You are a contagion in their midst. The white blood cell in their pus. They are happy in the midst of their fever and infection and do not wish to entertain a molecule or two of antibiotic.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 01:39:09 PM »
Not that I love libtards, but it can become like an echo chamber around here without any libtards to kick around.  ::laughonfloor::

Go ahead tell me you don't go out into the fever swamps avery so often to get a fix?I know I do. Every so often I just have to slap one or two aroung just to keep in shape.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 01:42:27 PM »
Not that I love libtards, but it can become like an echo chamber around here without any libtards to kick around.  ::laughonfloor::

Go ahead tell me you don't go out into the fever swamps avery so often to get a fix?I know I do. Every so often I just have to slap one or two aroung just to keep in shape.

It's like a bicycle to me. I never forget how to do it. Really, it's nothing more than applying reason and logic to idiocy. That said, I wouldn't mind the exercise.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2011, 01:43:25 PM »

I really don't anymore, and haven't for a while. Once I settled on the reality of Leftists as the enemy of my country and way of life, I have zero desire to interact rhetorically with them any further. They aren't worth the brain power and precious moments it takes for me to argue against their lies.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »

I really don't anymore, and haven't for a while. Once I settled on the reality of Leftists as the enemy of my country and way of life, I have zero desire to interact rhetorically with them any further. They aren't worth the brain power and precious moments it takes for me to argue against their lies.

That, and they piss me the hell off.  It's too much work to interact with them, with very little to show for it except a rise in the BP.  Local forum = perfect example.  Some days I cannot believe the crap there and the buyers-in.  Feh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 01:50:32 PM »

That, and they piss me the hell off.  It's too much work to interact with them, with very little to show for it except a rise in the BP.  Local forum = perfect example.  Some days I cannot believe the crap there and the buyers-in.  Feh.

And you expect us to believe that YOU sit by saying nothing?WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH PANDORA?? ::evilbat:: ::slapfight::
 Filippo Mazzie