Author Topic: How We Got Here (A Brief History That Others Are Invited To Append)  (Read 146973 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: How We Got Here (A Brief History That Others Are Invited To Append)
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2011, 12:42:04 PM »
Damn ! That  "Guest" to "User" ratio is over ten to one ! It gets a little creepy when you wonder who's watching .

You noticed that too.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2011, 03:02:05 PM »

PTB remains silent.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2011, 10:52:43 AM »
306:24 right now.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2011, 07:13:26 AM »
449 : 27 this morning . Getting spookier all the time !   ::whoohoo::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2011, 07:19:17 AM »
Oh, 451 now, ya drew in 2 more SH!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2011, 09:18:57 AM »
Yeah ... I draw Spooks like sh*t draws flies !

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »
563 : 32  ...  Spookiness growing exponentially !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2011, 02:25:21 PM »
565:32!  It's those two spooks again SH!

::rolllaughing::

Offline danielhill2008

• Newb
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2011, 09:09:09 AM »
I'm not really a refugee from anywhere else, I lurk at several sites, and I've been a member of Redstate for some years, and comment there some, and found this site via a link from there.  I recognized IDP from his(?) posts there, and checked out this site.  I haven't had a lot of time lately to spend on the web, but got an email today telling me I would be "purged", so here I am.  It takes a little while to get to know the members of a forum, but I do recognize a few here from other places.  It's About Liberty seems to be a bit less strident than certain other conservative sites, and infinitely less so than any left-leaning site I may stumble into from time to time.  So anyway, I promise I'll be more active here, just don't fire me, please. ::praying::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2011, 09:15:22 AM »
I'm not really a refugee from anywhere else, I lurk at several sites, and I've been a member of Redstate for some years, and comment there some, and found this site via a link from there.  I recognized IDP from his(?) posts there, and checked out this site.  I haven't had a lot of time lately to spend on the web, but got an email today telling me I would be "purged", so here I am.  It takes a little while to get to know the members of a forum, but I do recognize a few here from other places.  It's About Liberty seems to be a bit less strident than certain other conservative sites, and infinitely less so than any left-leaning site I may stumble into from time to time.  So anyway, I promise I'll be more active here, just don't fire me, please. ::praying::

Glad to have you. Post away at will.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2011, 09:25:09 AM »

You're safe from this round of layoffs Daniel, thanks for being counted among the living. I recognize your handle from RedState. The comments section over there is about as good as it gets on any mainstream blogs, especially if one takes advantage of the diary option.

Aside from a strong bent toward constitutional conservatism and the natural outflow of "small L" libertarianism, you'll find that political correctness is dead as a doornail here. There are some among the genteel who may view that as stridency, and that's OK. Stridency is a subjective quality depending upon where one draws up the parameters. We just call it home, camaraderie, and a refusal to behave according to the Left's playbook.

Look forward to getting to know you.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2011, 09:26:28 AM »
Welcome Daniel!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2011, 09:34:26 AM »

Don't be a stranger.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2011, 10:36:32 AM »

A purging of the inactive members is not a ban, just a deletion.  You're free to register again if it happens.

In any case, welcome.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2011, 05:57:37 AM »
Daniel ... Right off the bat you sound like a reasonable individual ... But we can fix that in no time !  Just stick around .

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »
. . .   So anyway, I promise I'll be more active here, just don't fire me, please. ::praying::

Chill dude. IDP ain't no Donnie Trump. He's more like Donnie Osmond. With more musical talent.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2011, 04:56:45 PM »

You're safe from this round of layoffs Daniel, thanks for being counted among the living. I recognize your handle from RedState. The comments section over there is about as good as it gets on any mainstream blogs, especially if one takes advantage of the diary option.

Aside from a strong bent toward constitutional conservatism and the natural outflow of "small L" libertarianism, you'll find that political correctness is dead as a doornail here. There are some among the genteel who may view that as stridency, and that's OK. Stridency is a subjective quality depending upon where one draws up the parameters. We just call it home, camaraderie, and a refusal to behave according to the Left's playbook.

Look forward to getting to know you.
Don't feel bad Daniel they seem to throw that warning out to all the " " newbie's and then some and welcome.
I to have a finite amount of time, but this is a great place for some what minded (?) Souls ::whoohoo::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2011, 05:00:18 PM »
. . .   So anyway, I promise I'll be more active here, just don't fire me, please. ::praying::

Chill dude. IDP ain't no Donnie Trump. He's more like Donnie Osmond. With more musical talent.
Ok I realize it was a long time ago, but Donnie Osmond had talent?
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2011, 05:57:43 PM »
Probably just one comment a month would be enough to keep your account active.

And like Pandora said, deleting inactive accounts isn't banning; it's more like pruning dead branches.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »
Probably just one comment a month would be enough to keep your account active....

Hell, right now I'm just trimmin' the zeros! A numero uno is enough to keep you alive - just so I know there's a pulse at the other end, and not a spammer.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson