Author Topic: How We Got Here (A Brief History That Others Are Invited To Append)  (Read 147607 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: How We Got Here (A Brief History That Others Are Invited To Append)
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »
I reached the conclusion that the sort of society they want is so diametrically opposed to what we want (our vision being that of the Founders) that there can be no "debate" or "compromise". I believe it was Ayn Rand who said "What is the compromise between food and poison?" That's exactly how I see the Left.

I'm now convinced that there is going to have to be a physical separation from them, because I am not living in their wet dream Soviet-esque fantasy land. Cohabitation is increasingly impossible. The seeds of this have always been there, but I think it was the election of Chairman Zero that they interpreted to be their green light, and we're now seeing what was only speculative before. Their recent behavior in Wisconsin and Ohio is just the very first fleeting taste of what's to come.

We could have the physical separation if states were given (back) thier authority....stripped away by liberals and thier programs to "save America". Lib infested states are failing. They need "the collective" to prop up thier hidious programs.

If we could give the states back thier rights, the lib ones would fail, leaving only to live in peace.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2011, 04:55:07 PM »
I see:
TitanTrader
Jose31V
BigTex
Old School
The Yell
Del Dolemonte
MnHawk
TJKing
Electra
KoreaVet
Hemmershem
Alphabet Soup

On another copy I also saw wraptard and miltrainer.

It reminds me that IDP did a good job of shepherding us over to this new site. There's a couple of names that I miss but a whole bunch that I don't  ::oldman::  

Something Trap said about his son triggered a thought.

SkipSailing, I believe, was lured into a trap by Dwipe which got him banished by the absentee landlords.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2011, 05:04:56 PM »
I see:
TitanTrader
Jose31V
BigTex
Old School
The Yell
Del Dolemonte
MnHawk
TJKing
Electra
KoreaVet
Hemmershem
Alphabet Soup

On another copy I also saw wraptard and miltrainer.

It reminds me that IDP did a good job of shepherding us over to this new site. There's a couple of names that I miss but a whole bunch that I don't  ::oldman::  

Something Trap said about his son triggered a thought.

SkipSailing, I believe, was lured into a trap by Dwipe which got him banished by the absentee landlords.

Any body have contact info on him?I gave up on susango when I sent her a birthdy email and she didn't answer.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »
I liked susango.  She was posting at GCP for quite a while but stopped.  I don't remember exactly when that was, but it was some time ago.  I hope she's OK.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »
I liked susango.  She was posting at GCP for quite a while but stopped.  I don't remember exactly when that was, but it was some time ago.  I hope she's OK.

I don't know what happened either. She was busy with something for a while and then it was over.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2011, 10:12:29 PM »

Thanks for "bumping" this thread! SkipSailing loved scrapping with the ar-tards  ::slapfight::

One thing I've encountered at a few discussion sites was the clique mentality. You're new and everybody knows it. You haven't built up any credibility so people look sideways at you when you post. No one (yet) knows your sense of humor. It seems like no matter what you do or how you conduct yourself you'll always be considered an outsider.

One of the reasons why I followed the folks from Powerline through our circuitous route to here has been their openness and acceptance of new folks. This is one of the most welcoming sites around.

I'm hoping more will take advantage of this thread to recount their interwebby explorations.  ;)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2011, 10:16:20 PM »
I've noticed "Lady Virginia" hasn't posted in a while now.

I'm back!

I was out of town visiting my daughter and I didn't take my computer!

I'm catching up on all the posts I missed over the past week.

My daughter's apartment was an Obama free zone.  Niiiiice.  LOL
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2011, 10:24:18 PM »

I'm back!

Welcome home! ::kissface::
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2011, 10:30:36 PM »

I'm back!

And how!  Must have been nice being in an Obama-free-zone.  By now, I must have the quickest radio-channel-changing finger in the East to avoid having to hear him.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2011, 10:32:49 PM »

I'm back!

Thanks. Got home in time to vote yesterday. So far I didn't do too well.  But I think I'm more interested in what's happening in WI. Any victory for the dems will only embolden them more if that's possible.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2011, 10:36:47 PM »

I'm back!

I didn't think you'd disappear as quickly as you arrived! Welcome back.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2011, 10:37:52 PM »
Skipsailing was a great fighter against the leftists. I always enjoyed his posts. Sure would like to see him here although there isn't anyone for him to work on. I guess we could import some lefties if we had to.

Anyone remember orions? I discovered his real identity with a little bit of careful internet research. He left enough clues in his posts that made it somewhat easy to track him down. Wow, what a nutjob. If we ever did need an absolute kook we could try and dig him up.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »

And how!  Must have been nice being in an Obama-free-zone.  By now, I must have the quickest radio-channel-changing finger in the East to avoid having to hear him.

I got to where I couldn't stand my local radio stations because of the stories and they way they present them.  So now I stream radio stations over my computer that are much more palatable.  If I happen upon a station that carries the O's speech or some such nonsense I can just switch to another.  It's really fun to listen to stations around the country. Been listening to stations in Indiana, Oklahoma, Maryland, California, Texas.  Fun.  (I use radiotime.com)

Anyway, my daughter and I did talk politics--just not about that man currently occupying the oval office--one of her favorite things is to read from speeches and writings of Washington, etc and we talk about it.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2011, 10:44:53 PM »
AAIIIEEE!!!  Can we not do that, please!  This is one place where I know I won't encounter the lefty bullsht that I do every time I venture out of the house or log onto my local forum.  It's a haven from the UNsane.

Besides, no lefty is going to hang around long after the first thorough beating.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2011, 11:05:41 PM »
They only survive in packs. But the same can be said for us. Personally, I wouldn't last long at a place like PuffHo or Kos even if they didn't ban me (and they would). The intellectual vacuum would be too tough for me.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2011, 08:22:56 PM »
Hi all,
  Newbie here.  I was directed to the site by a friend that was just appalled that obama (that's right he deserves no title or capitalization) told a working man (taxpayer = obamas boss) that he should trade in his gas guzzler and buy a hybrid.  I read that whole thread and thought "Oh my God, I'm home". 
  A little about me (not sure if this is the correct thread since I have not had time to browse the whole site, but here goes),  I'm originally from Pittsburgh, Pa. but now live in San Diego, Ca., I'm an Engineer at a major aerospace corporation, am married with children (only 1 at home), and am completely worried about my country.  I have served my country proudly in the USAF (as a B-52 Defensive Aerial Gunner).  I like fast cars, beautiful women and video games, so feel free to strike up a conversation about those at any time, but most of all I love my freedom and do not want to see that taken away from me.
  On November 5, 2008 I realized that the end of the world had just started and have been in a depressed funk ever since.  I was briefly elated after the 2010 elections but still see trouble brewing.  I'm hopeful that the average voter can now see through the smoke and mirrors of the "Hope and Change" but till I see those liberal retards that put this POS in the White House realize their mistake I will be in this funk.  I hope conversing with like-minded people will slowly bring me back to the hopeful and optimistic lad I once was.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2011, 08:38:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ben. May I ask what breadcrumbs you followed to find us here?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »

Welcome ben,

Pull up a chair get comfortable and join in.
And thank you for your service to America.
I slept better knowing y'all were up there.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, a buddy that I work with linked me directly to this forum.  It was the obama "trade in your Pick-Up" comment.

Charles, I slept better knowing I was up there too...  did I just say that out loud?  LOL
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2011, 09:12:56 PM »
Benb, welcome home.  Pull up a chair, get comfortable, look around when you can and make yourself a familiar.