Author Topic: Record Number of Americans Bought Guns on Black Friday  (Read 1263 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Record Number of Americans Bought Guns on Black Friday
« on: December 02, 2011, 10:48:18 AM »
Data derived from the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check revealed that a record number of Americans bought guns on Black Friday.

Opposing Views reported, via Free Republic:

Data derived from the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) shows that November 25, 2011, Black Friday, had the most background checks for firearm purchases in a single day (129,166) with a 32 percent increase over the previous NICS high (November 28, 2008). Federal law requires FBI background checks on all individuals purchasing firearms from federally licensed retailers.

These statistics represent the number of firearm background checks initiated through NICS. They do not represent the number of firearms sold. Based on varying state laws and purchase scenarios, a one-to-one correlation cannot be made between a firearm background check and a firearm sale.

“More citizens lawfully exercising their Second Amendment right to carry a firearm, coupled with a growing awareness since the Supreme Court’s decisions in Heller and McDonald that the Second Amendment protects an individual fundamental right to keep and bear arms, helps to explain the continuing rise in sales of firearms and firearm-related products throughout the Untied States,” said National Shooting Sports Foundation Senior Vice President and General Counsel Lawrence G. Keane. “Clearly, Black Friday was a big day for both the firearms industry and our nation’s law-abiding gun owners.”

Once again… It looks like Barack Obama was the best thing that ever happened to the gun industry.

Now I'm starting to worry the Left is arming up as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Record Number of Americans Bought Guns on Black Friday
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 11:22:18 AM »
Data derived from the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check revealed that a record number of Americans bought guns on Black Friday.

Opposing Views reported, via Free Republic:

Data derived from the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) shows that November 25, 2011, Black Friday, had the most background checks for firearm purchases in a single day (129,166) with a 32 percent increase over the previous NICS high (November 28, 2008). Federal law requires FBI background checks on all individuals purchasing firearms from federally licensed retailers.

These statistics represent the number of firearm background checks initiated through NICS. They do not represent the number of firearms sold. Based on varying state laws and purchase scenarios, a one-to-one correlation cannot be made between a firearm background check and a firearm sale.

“More citizens lawfully exercising their Second Amendment right to carry a firearm, coupled with a growing awareness since the Supreme Court’s decisions in Heller and McDonald that the Second Amendment protects an individual fundamental right to keep and bear arms, helps to explain the continuing rise in sales of firearms and firearm-related products throughout the Untied States,” said National Shooting Sports Foundation Senior Vice President and General Counsel Lawrence G. Keane. “Clearly, Black Friday was a big day for both the firearms industry and our nation’s law-abiding gun owners.”

Once again… It looks like Barack Obama was the best thing that ever happened to the gun industry.

Now I'm starting to worry the Left is arming up as well.

Why?  Because of Black Friday?  You think the same people that trample each other for an iPhone and some worthless toy made in China are also hitting the gun shops?

I doubt the populations coincide...most Lefties I know loath firearms...some here and there still have some hunting guns and maybe an old heirloom pistol laying about, but the closer to the urban centers you go the fewer there are of those, most urban dwellers with guns I would wager have them illegally!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 11:25:42 AM »

If it does come to that the chief organizer will make sure
his useful idiots are armed.  It will be easier for him than
"gunrunner".

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 11:51:24 AM »
Yeah, well...while they're standing there wetting themselves and trying to figure out how to load the thing and point the right end...well it won't get that far, they'll be a puddle already and their weapon (if worth a damn) taken away...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 02:10:11 PM »

Hey, it's a telescope!
You look in the little hole at
the end of the tube and focus.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »
Don't blink!

::hysterical::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 01:58:39 PM »
Don't blink!

::hysterical::

And wait for the flash!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 07:59:51 AM »
Smile!!!!!! Hold your head steady, we want to get a good shot...... ::rockets:: ::laserkill::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.