Author Topic: Herman Cain drops out of presidential race  (Read 4831 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Herman Cain drops out of presidential race
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 04:39:43 PM »

Yes, yes, yes, any of our candidates is better than
Sir Toxic and his merry band of flotsam and jetsam.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »
I'd vote for any of them before Romney.  If it's Romney forget it...that part of my ballot will be blank.  I've decided.  I. can. not. vote. for. him.

This has been mentioned before, but it bears repeating: Even Reagan wasn't "Reagan" until he sat in the big chair. And he wasn't REALLY Reagan until history began viewing his accomplishments and presidency in hindsight.

That may be true --- but I knew many folks in politics who recognized at the time there was greatness occurring. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 07:23:34 PM »
I would actually vote for a newt before I would let ObaMao get a second term.

Just say'n

The problem is, if the right candidate isn't there to replace Stymie, a Repub gets to take the full hit for the crap hitting the fan, simply because it was on their watch (even if it happens on January 21st 2013!).  This is the way it works...a lefty on watch is not repsonsible for jack squat, anything going wrong is always a Repub's fault, epsecially if the predecessor was a Repub...if a Repub is on watch and the crap hits the fan, the Repub bears all the blame, no matter how big a fustercluck the Dem predecessor was.

It is why only a person capable of pulling a full 180 degree course correction is necessary, nothing less won't stand a snowballs chance in hell of forestalling disaster...179 degrees won't work...to think otherwise is IMO being dishonest with ourselves.

We'll see what the primaries do, but if the present is any indication, the Ruling Class is carrying the day and we are screwed no matter what.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 08:15:46 PM »

That's snooker billiards, just play to win every game.
We don't have time to lay for the third election.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 12:04:56 AM »

I'm gonna vote for whomever is left......and I'd take newt over Romney any day. At least newt accomplished things when he was in charge. I don't care for his private life, but he seems to have righted that ship. I don't like his immigration stance, but I didn't like Reagan letting in illegals either. His global warming crap, he has back peddled from it somewhat.

Fiscally, he is right for the job. I hated a few things bush did late, but I have no doubt he was the correct choice in regards to 911.

I look at the field and there is no perfect candidate for me. I dont want to settle, but if I must, let it be with someone who has a fiscally conservative record of accomplishment.....with all his warts, newt does. Maybe perry or bachmann will gain traction....I don't know. I've stated " no newt" but given the choices and the direction the republican race is going, I may have to change from " no newt" to " go newt".
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 12:45:00 AM »
I would vote for any of them. Any of them. Yes, even the demonstrably unstable and delusional Ron Paul.

The current seat warmer in the WH hates our country. That is unacceptable. I don't think that any of the Republican nominees hate our country. So...that's that.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 01:28:55 AM »

So would I. I will vote for a door knob over ErHighness but I don't
delude myself about undisciplined gNewt. He is a Teddy Progressive
with a fuse up 'is arse. And he has supported or put forward just as
many whacko progressive thoughts as he has conservative one's.

Add co-sponsoring the Fairness Doctrine to his list of conservative
deeds.
Where would we be today with no Levin, Rush, Savage, 
Hannity (he must be included mustn't he?) and also your favorite local
conservative talk show?

Yes, we must vote against the His Princeness but we must also
be prepared for what we will be receiving.  Work for Conservative
reps and senators to hold back the tide of "great" thinkers.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 03:45:55 AM »

Didn't
we have a president living with an 17 yr old in the White House around
the turn of the 20th century?

I must have missed something . Are you talking about Alice Roosevelt ?

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 03:50:34 AM »

And there is no way that I will sit out the presidential election just because Reagan's clone is not running.

Sitting out the election is not an option for me. So yes, I will vote for douchebag or turd sandwich over toxic waste dump site any day of the week.

Agreed . In the end I'll hold my nose and vote AGAINST Stymie rather than FOR the Republican nominee ... if it comes to that .
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:54:06 AM by Sectionhand »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 04:27:58 AM »

I get where you're coming from, but honestly I don't think we have time for anything political. The good ship Titanic is about to have its hull ripped open from stem to stern. It's a foregone conclusion.

I'd still prefer to have anyone but Obama in power, and will vote accordingly, but I know it is ultimately not going to matter much.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 07:11:36 AM »

I get where you're coming from, but honestly I don't think we have time for anything political. The good ship Titanic is about to have its hull ripped open from stem to stern. It's a foregone conclusion.

I'd still prefer to have anyone but Obama in power, and will vote accordingly, but I know it is ultimately not going to matter much.

Indeed, it is why screwing up this election bites so bad, we do not have a third election to worry about so the snooker allusion is moot.  I fully expect Romney and his immense warchest, and his deep Ruling Class support in DC, the media & consulting ranks to secure the nomination rather handily.  gNewt is prone to the grand fvckup, he can't help it, he'll torpedo his own candidacy.  Perry can't get any traction or shake the image he is a doddering fool.  In addition, I foresee Paul mounting a third party bid...and Stymie will be soiling the Big Chair another 4 years.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 08:09:01 AM »

So would I. I will vote for a door knob over ErHighness but I don't
delude myself about undisciplined gNewt. He is a Teddy Progressive
with a fuse up 'is arse. And he has supported or put forward just as
many whacko progressive thoughts as he has conservative one's.

Add co-sponsoring the Fairness Doctrine to his list of conservative
deeds.
Where would we be today with no Levin, Rush, Savage, 
Hannity (he must be included mustn't he?) and also your favorite local
conservative talk show?

Yes, we must vote against the His Princeness but we must also
be prepared for what we will be receiving.  Work for Conservative
reps and senators to hold back the tide of "great" thinkers.

Yea, with newt, we will need a true conservative majority in the house and senate, but I do believe all could agree to eliminate the spending. Cut taxes. Promote job creation. If these could be accomplished, the WH would at least be ours for 8 years, hopefully that would be a good thing. Lol
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 09:27:52 AM »
we will need a true conservative majority in the house and senate

Been thinking about that the last day or so.
I think I heard on Levin that Obama was saying he would veto something because he already has the authority to whatever it was.

The power of the executive has grown so much that our checks and balances are way out of kilter.
Congress has neither the balls nor the spine to take up this battle.

Unfortunately, a conservative congress may not be able to solve it.

Washington is irreparrably broken

charlesoakwood

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 01:37:51 PM »

Arresting Holder would be a good sign.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 02:15:39 PM »
So would smoke over DC...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 02:32:34 PM »

This brings to mind the flight (93, IIRC) that was enroute to somewhere in DC by the muslim murderers, the one a brave band of American citizens forced into that field in PA. instead.  It causes me to wonder how much grief we might have been spared had it not been detoured.  I know that sounds .... cold, wrong in some ways; nevertheless .........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 05:05:30 PM »

This brings to mind the flight (93, IIRC) that was enroute to somewhere in DC by the muslim murderers, the one a brave band of American citizens forced into that field in PA. instead.  It causes me to wonder how much grief we might have been spared had it not been detoured.  I know that sounds .... cold, wrong in some ways; nevertheless .........

Yes. If those brave souls were destined to meet their maker, much good could've been done by incinerating Capitol Hill. Wrong in some ways; nevertheless......
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »

Yes. If those brave souls were destined to meet their maker, much good could've been done by incinerating Capitol Hill. Wrong in some ways; nevertheless......

If's and but's...

Only the Allmighty knows...

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, 04:54:11 PM »
This is the hand we've been dealt...I hope we're up to playing it well...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 07:44:49 PM »
This is the hand we've been dealt...I hope we're up to playing it well...

I'm certain of one thing: the benevolent and magnanimous mercy of God is the absolute only thing that can save this country now.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly