Author Topic: Pole Dance  (Read 1886 times)

charlesoakwood

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Pole Dance
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 10:48:22 PM »
Yes!  The best, ever!  The girl is amazing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 11:05:49 PM »

Good thing she's not in politics.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 11:28:48 PM »
My first reaction is: It's a stripper pole. Can't totally shake that first reaction.

That said, the push to legitimize this as a sport has produced a pretty remarkable new subset into the performance art/athletic arena. This girl clearly possesses similar athleticism, strength, and grace to a gymnast or a dancer. She's found a way to use the pole as a prop similar to the uneven bars, high bar, or horse, and her routine has the same feel as a dance recital or gymnastic floor routine.

If they can shake the first reaction to the pole, I don't see why this couldn't develop into a legitimate athletic competition.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 06:30:21 PM »
My thoughts were along the same lines.  I'm thinking a former gymnast looking for something with more showmanship and originality to it.  Pretty amazing though, that reverse walking stuff is pretty cool.

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 05:38:11 PM »
My first reaction is: It's a stripper pole. Can't totally shake that first reaction.

So you've seen a couple in your day,too? ::hysterical::  I can't see the video here at work. ::bashing::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 05:51:27 PM »
Hey, this old squid has never seen a gal (nekked or otherwise) do anything this cool!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »
Well....I see a big issue here. She has skill and grace, obviously practiced her craft and put on a good show......but only one tat.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 12:55:41 PM »

If they can shake the first reaction to the pole, I don't see why this couldn't develop into a legitimate athletic competition.

Does it really matter? 

We have toddlers doing pageants like they're 25 year old hookers.  But they're so cute! It develops self-esteem!
/

We can overlook the sexual roots of pole dancing. These women are athletic!

/

Jenyne Butterfly.  Now that's a name I hear and think "athlete".

::facepalm::

...sexualization of women as objects continues....
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 05:16:20 PM »
I don't think there was anything sexually exploitative in the routine posted in the video. It was no more or less so than the many ways in which gymnastics or figure skating meld athleticism and art/dance.

Where am I going wrong?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »
I didn't see any either, so, LV, do tell?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 06:40:25 AM »
My brother is with LV, and I don't get it.  I guess a stripper pole is a stripper pole and nothing can change that.  I thought the artistic presentation and athletic ability was impressive, but a T&A show it wasn't.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 11:05:07 PM »
hmmmmm

My 22-year old wants to offer her opinion when she has a chance.  I'll post it when she has a chance to think about it.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 11:07:37 PM »
hmmmmm

My 22-year old wants to offer her opinion when she has a chance.  I'll post it when she has a chance to think about it.

Yeah, fine.

In the meantime, you've got your own opinion to expand upon, I b'lieve?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 11:58:27 PM »

Some bad things can be assimilated into society and and their original meaning
altered and neutralized into civility, in the course of history it's not uncommon.  The
word jazz was originally a verb used in whore houses to indicate that certain activity.
It then made its way into the general society first in music lyrics and titles such as,
"Jazz Me Blues" then into being known as a style of music.  Except to the historian
the original meaning of the word is lost.

Poles are poles which for a short period of history were an accessory in our modern
times perversion of the a whore house.  They are now leaving those dark dens and
making their way back into the civilized world as a ...pole.  If the athletes continue
using it for athletic exhibition, much as are the parallel bars, the current association
will be a forgotten footnote.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »
Good point, Charles.

RickZ

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 03:32:58 PM »
That lady's thighs should be registered as deadly weapons.  But what a way to die!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 12:19:26 AM »

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow