Author Topic: Marcin Jakubowski: Open-sourced blueprints for civilization  (Read 9893 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Marcin Jakubowski: Open-sourced blueprints for civilization
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:49:10 PM »
If you get past the kum-bay-yah ("recycling", "sustainable") and semi-Marxist ("means of production") undetones to the presentations and mission, the practicality of cheaply producing the tools you might need and the independence it gives you has definite value.  I'm always jealous of people who make make stuff out of seemingly nothing, probably because I am not anywhere near capable enough to do it myself.  The Jakubowski site has topics listed on the left side, maybe I can build my own foundry and cast my own parts and make some useful stuff?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 06:55:18 PM »
Just listened to the Rushkoff video, I'm sure many alphabet soup agencies would be interested in monitoring this guy and his circle of friends...

http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/Radical_Abundance

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 07:01:15 PM »

Back in his day, before acronym government, my pop build furnaces for school system metal shops.
Said it was nothing, made a mold, poured concrete, hooked up a blower to the gas jet.
Heat up to melt aircraft aluminum. I think that is enough for softer metals such as copper and pm's.

Sand casting is fun.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
  Pan can you pin this please??
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 07:17:25 PM »
  Pan can you pin this please??

Sure can.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 06:53:37 AM »

Back in his day, before acronym government, my pop build furnaces for school system metal shops.
Said it was nothing, made a mold, poured concrete, hooked up a blower to the gas jet.
Heat up to melt aircraft aluminum. I think that is enough for softer metals such as copper and pm's.

Sand casting is fun.

Your father reminds me of a handy guy my father knows, he only finished grade school and then kicked around shops and picked up skills and ideas, joined the Navy back in the 50's and was a fabricator...he could do all the engineering math and design from scratch and make anything.  His house in the woods has many interesting gadgets and it appears there is nothing he can't figure out or do.  A guy like that in a TEOTWAWKI world will be worth his weight in gold, if not more!