Author Topic: What is the Purpose of an Endorsement?  (Read 568 times)

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
What is the Purpose of an Endorsement?
« on: December 05, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »
Yeah.. at first glance the answer seems beyond obvious right?  If I get Famous Person X's endorsement then all the lemmings that follow that Famous Person X will vote for me too.

There has been a large rush on endorsements and talk on endorsements as of late and I find it rather insulting.

I've been listening to debates.  I've been reading positions and voting histories of those seeking the GOP nomination for President.  I've been debating, conversing, studying, researching and doing more than likely 99.999% of the Country.  Those here on this forum know exactly what I'm talking about when you look around to the people you know that are utterly clueless... and they like it that way.

So I have developed my own ideas.  I have developed my own reasons for backing or not backing specific candidates.

So; when a big announcement is made that Famous Person X has endorsed candidate A or candidate B it doesn't sway my thoughts in the slightest.

I think just laying it all out is helping me discover the truth in the matter.

1.  Endorsements are not meant to sway the informed people.  Endorsements are meant to sugar-coat happy feel your vote on over to the person without any required individual thought.

2.  Endorsements only confirm an informed person's position.  (example:  Pelosi endorses Mitt Romney.  Obama endorses Mitt Romney.  Barney Frank endorses Mitt Romney.... um... perhaps I was right about Mitt Romney).

What I would LOVE to see is:

I am candidate C and I seek no endorsements.  I will go even further and say that if you are such a lazy ass as not to listen to me in debates, read my positions and research my votes over the past on how I make and why I make my decisions the way I do.. then I don't want your vote.  You are a pathetic lemming that is a big part of the problem we have in this Country.

Get off your ASS and actually put some effort into something other than how to get your next X-Box 360 game.

Then I'd leave the stage shaking my head at what a lame Country I have found myself living in.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: What is the Purpose of an Endorsement?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 05:24:28 PM »
Endorsements aren't for us.

They're political capital.

The person making the endorsement wants to remain relevant and get invited to all the important events.   Also used to ensure help in future campaigns.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:30:53 PM »
To make an endorsement, one should have standing, a standing not determined by vapid Hollywood personalities or blowhard elite politicians or think-tank-dwelling reprobates, standing should come from actual documented positive successes beneficial to the nation and the principles it was founded upon and the capitalistic system which unleashed unprecedented economic freedom, innovation and prosperity for its citizens.

To receive an endorsement one must also to have proven themselves as worthy proponents of the above as well as a trust by the people that is earned on that achievement.

Anything less is pure BS.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 04:01:18 AM »
The purpose of an endorsement this year is to get a good deal on a Time Share in Trump Tower .

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 09:17:23 AM »
Yeah.. at first glance the answer seems beyond obvious right?  If I get Famous Person X's endorsement then all the lemmings that follow that Famous Person X will vote for me too.

There has been a large rush on endorsements and talk on endorsements as of late and I find it rather insulting.

I've been listening to debates.  I've been reading positions and voting histories of those seeking the GOP nomination for President.  I've been debating, conversing, studying, researching and doing more than likely 99.999% of the Country.  Those here on this forum know exactly what I'm talking about when you look around to the people you know that are utterly clueless... and they like it that way.

So I have developed my own ideas.  I have developed my own reasons for backing or not backing specific candidates.

So; when a big announcement is made that Famous Person X has endorsed candidate A or candidate B it doesn't sway my thoughts in the slightest.

I think just laying it all out is helping me discover the truth in the matter.

1.  Endorsements are not meant to sway the informed people.  Endorsements are meant to sugar-coat happy feel your vote on over to the person without any required individual thought.

2.  Endorsements only confirm an informed person's position.  (example:  Pelosi endorses Mitt Romney.  Obama endorses Mitt Romney.  Barney Frank endorses Mitt Romney.... um... perhaps I was right about Mitt Romney).

What I would LOVE to see is:

I am candidate C and I seek no endorsements.  I will go even further and say that if you are such a lazy ass as not to listen to me in debates, read my positions and research my votes over the past on how I make and why I make my decisions the way I do.. then I don't want your vote.  You are a pathetic lemming that is a big part of the problem we have in this Country.

Get off your ASS and actually put some effort into something other than how to get your next X-Box 360 game.

Then I'd leave the stage shaking my head at what a lame Country I have found myself living in.
Oh, how I'd love to see a few candidates actually exclaim this.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 06:40:29 PM »
To see how for up the bum you can get your nose before you CHOKE! ::exitstageleft::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »
The purpose of an endorsement is to end up as the ambassador to Tahiti. Or France. Cush job on the taxpayer's dime.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.