Author Topic: My wife is now a lethal weapon  (Read 2350 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
My wife is now a lethal weapon
« on: December 06, 2011, 12:10:57 AM »
Yes, she took the test and will have her carry permit soon. We will be gun shopping because, in our house, there is "our" stuff and then there is " her" stuff. Kinda the same way with money too.

Her golf clubs are better than mine....I bet her gun will be too..... ::ohno::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: My wife is now a lethal weapon
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 12:37:23 AM »
Congratulations. Hope she never needs to use it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 01:31:36 AM »

::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 06:08:56 AM »
Congratulations indeed!

What is she interested in for carrying purposes?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 06:49:28 AM »
Please give Mrs. Don my warmest regards.

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 07:02:34 AM »
That's a good thing Don. I wish I could get my wife to take the step. She talks about it. She loves to shoot, and she's a very good shot. But for whatever reason, she isn't motivated to take her course and test. I don't push it, figuring that only people who see a clear need and have confidence in their ability should be carrying weapons. I think she's been ready for a few years, but it's not what I think that counts.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 07:57:38 AM »
Congratulations indeed!

Pan, when I got mine,she didn't seem all that interested. More of a novelty to her, but once I took her, literally, outside in the yard and set up a few targets to blast......that was it.

She immediately declared herself a better shot. Lol. Wanted to take the test. Will never throw away the target used in the shooting exercise. May frame it. Lol. 

Same way with golf. Not much interest, but got her to go, got her a lesson, bingo. Obsessed. Of course her clubs cost more than mine. Multiple pairs of shoes.......and the clothes.......she plays in two leagues, one which we play together.

I'm fortunate she never liked to fish......or I'd have no life.....lololol

I'm kidding, of course. We both played softball into our 40's and still quite competitive. She doesn't like to lose and she'll be damned if anything I have costs more than her toys......lolololol

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 08:10:12 AM »
Congratulations indeed!

Pan, when I got mine,she didn't seem all that interested. More of a novelty to her, but once I took her, literally, outside in the yard and set up a few targets to blast......that was it.

She immediately declared herself a better shot. Lol. Wanted to take the test. Will never throw away the target used in the shooting exercise. May frame it. Lol. 

Same way with golf. Not much interest, but got her to go, got her a lesson, bingo. Obsessed. Of course her clubs cost more than mine. Multiple pairs of shoes.......and the clothes.......she plays in two leagues, one which we play together.

I'm kidding, of course. We both played softball into our 40's and still quite competitive. She doesn't like to lose and she'll be damned if anything I have costs more than her toys......lolololol

Lol.  That intense, 'eh? 

Now ...

... to clarify:  at what gun or guns is she looking for the purpose of carrying?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 08:19:42 AM »
Congratulations indeed!

Lol.  That intense, 'eh? 

Now ...
... to clarify:  at what gun or guns is she looking for the purpose of carrying?

She is going to shoot several weapons, several calibers. See what she likes.....but ey, she is a woman and is drawn to the most expensive......lololol

It's like going to the jeweler.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »

Got three grand?

;D

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 11:59:09 AM »
Three grand?  Gotta be a Kimber.  Mine did not cost $3k.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 02:10:37 PM »
Ed Brown.

Out of my budget too...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »
New one on me; got to check on that with Gunsmith.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 04:16:59 PM »
That Ed Brown sure is a nice piece but I doubt I'll ever own one. >:(
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 05:37:57 PM »
I know, here's another for the "if I win the lottery" list -

Les Baer Presentation Grade 1911

$7k

Nice!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 08:24:36 PM »
 ::clapping::I'm still working on mine.But it's getting closer.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 09:49:44 PM »

Carry permit? CCP?

I guess that's two things that Washington has going for it. No carry permit required and the only requirement is for a CCP (or CWP here) is a clean record and a check that clears the bank.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 06:32:21 AM »
I think they call it CCW in our neck-o-woods, me and many in my clan are signed up for late Jan.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 08:16:43 AM »

Carry permit? CCP?

I guess that's two things that Washington has going for it. No carry permit required and the only requirement is for a CCP (or CWP here) is a clean record and a check that clears the bank.

Not here. Along with a check I had to take the class and then to add to my pleasure my passport wasn't enough to get me an expedited CCP I had to go for the 6 week FBI background check.

No matter how long I'm a citizen with no criminal record of any kind I have to reminded that I'm still not quite an American.I must be the wrong kind of immigrant.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 09:42:53 AM »

Carry permit? CCP?

Not here. Along with a check I had to take the class and then to add to my pleasure my passport wasn't enough to get me an expedited CCP I had to go for the 6 week FBI background check.

No matter how long I'm a citizen with no criminal record of any kind I have to reminded that I'm still not quite an American.I must be the wrong kind of immigrant.

Nono, that's not it at all.  Gunsmith and I were both born here and we had to jump through the same hoops in NC; the class and the FBI background check AND the fees for all that.  His FBI check got done faster because he's already got security clearances at work; mine seemed to take forever.